Author Topic: Daz is top 10 to ever bless the mic  (Read 1175 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Daz is top 10 to ever bless the mic
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
sayin nate dogg is r&b is pretty funny in itself

he's a singer, not a rapper....but not an r&b singer, tho LOL

duno what kinda top 10 that is that infinite just posted, because it includes singers, but daz is definitely slept on as a rapper. i wouldnt put him top 10, but he does got that pacesque from-the-gut flow, and not many people can pull that off like he could. in fact, pac and daz seemingly use the exact same level of energy when they rap, similar cadences...klientel too

Nate's really in a category of his own.  He may be a singer but his songs are like rap songs.  When you think about the beat, and there's usually a rapper on there with him.  The albums, the songs, the music all had a rap feel and definitely it wasn't R&B.  It's his own style, GFUNK... where rhythm is life and life is rhythm.  So fuck it, I put him on the list...

But yeah, good point about similarity between Daz and Pac
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
sayin nate dogg is r&b is pretty funny in itself

he's a singer, not a rapper....but not an r&b singer, tho LOL

duno what kinda top 10 that is that infinite just posted, because it includes singers, but daz is definitely slept on as a rapper. i wouldnt put him top 10, but he does got that pacesque from-the-gut flow, and not many people can pull that off like he could. in fact, pac and daz seemingly use the exact same level of energy when they rap, similar cadences...klientel too

Nate's really in a category of his own.  He may be a singer but his songs are like rap songs.  When you think about the beat, and there's usually a rapper on there with him.  The albums, the songs, the music all had a rap feel and definitely it wasn't R&B.  It's his own style, GFUNK... where rhythm is life and life is rhythm.  So fuck it, I put him on the list...

But yeah, good point about similarity between Daz and Pac

yea, he makes hip-hop soul music .. but he is a singer, so he doesnt belong on a best rapper list. in terms of favroite artists, i can see him on any1s lists, tho

same thing with damien marley, only swap hip-hop soul with hip-hop reggae

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2013, 03:15:42 PM »

yea, he makes hip-hop soul music .. but he is a singer, so he doesnt belong on a best rapper list. in terms of favroite artists, i can see him on any1s lists, tho

Damian is st8 spittin on a lot of his tracks.. like check out "The Master Is Back" he's certainly dropping some shit there that can rival that of other top rap artists.... all though it is with a Reggae style, but definitely he is blurring the lines between Reggae and hip-hop, but word is the Creator of Hip-Hop Cool Herc was Jamaican or something like that and brought a style from Jamaica called "toasting" that planted the roots of hip-hop

Damian Marley spittin on "The Master Is Back"

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2013, 08:31:04 PM »

Damian is st8 spittin on a lot of his tracks.. like check out "The Master Is Back" he's certainly dropping some shit there that can rival that of other top rap artists.... all though it is with a Reggae style, but definitely he is blurring the lines between Reggae and hip-hop, but word is the Creator of Hip-Hop Cool Herc was Jamaican or something like that and brought a style from Jamaica called "toasting" that planted the roots of hip-hop

Damian Marley spittin on "The Master Is Back"

i feel ya...thats why i said hip-hop reggae

dope trac

doublee313

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 09:51:49 AM »
maybe young Daz but old Daz sounds corny as fuck now, WC killed him all on the new album

Amen.