Author Topic: lil half deads debut album vs daz debut...which do you prefer and why?  (Read 716 times)

Will_B

Re: lil half deads debut album vs daz debut...which do you prefer and why?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 11:37:52 PM »
i htink her got a lot of his pen game from kurupt. not as in ghost written just like
"this niggas nice i need to rhyme like that"

They were a clique that comes with it

If Soopa was directly influenced by Kurupt he ended up the better artist :D

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 12:09:27 AM »
 I'll have to re visit HD's "dead has arisen" album. i dont remember it all that well. I remember listening to "steel on a mission" alot more.

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 09:12:34 AM »
half of the shit in half deads debut album was all recycled shit from there freestyles...it all sounds like snoop minus any talent or creativity.

daz would sound very similar had he not had the influence of kurupt...some of the early dpg shit (big pimpin) had snoop writing the lyrics, similar vibe to early half dead.

soopalfy is actually kinda dope with the pen he helped with daz raps too

yeah daz in the beginning was mostly ghostwritten by Snoop, however Kurupt did say (while they were beefin, so there might be some truth to it) that Daz picked up things on his own, and you can sense an evolution from his 93 type of raps to his Dogg Food days to then his solo days, IMO his best phase was Dogg Food, and then his solo style.

Soopafly is a dope rapper, way better than Daz and lightyears ahead of H-D lol. he can write, rhyme, is occasionally witty.

Dead Has Arisen is dope as fuck : Steel On A Mission 96, Cavvy Sounds, Still Rollin', Back in the Day, Southern Girl, some of the dopest g-funk beats ever !

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »
Dead Has Arisen is dope as fuck : Steel On A Mission 96, Cavvy Sounds, Still Rollin', Back in the Day, Southern Girl, some of the dopest g-funk beats ever !

those songs are from Steel on a Mission not his first solo

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »

those songs are from Steel on a Mission not his first solo

;D ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Remedy360

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 12:40:12 PM »
Daz's debut. Haven't bumped half dead's in a while though, should get on that.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 12:57:55 PM »
thats probably the first time boulis made a mistake like that. he knows his shit.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »
i love half dead's debut album but daz wins without a doubt. death row hit factory - unfuckwithable
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 02:19:11 PM »
thats probably the first time boulis made a mistake like that. he knows his shit.

yeah lmao i got them mixed up, honestly both are equally good and have a similar sound. death has arisen has dope production from start to finish, even the skit wit Miss B. Havin rappin' is outstanding, they should have made a complete song off that skit. but my favorite beats are Had 2 Be A Hustla, Still Got It (god what a beat), deadicated,  12 Pacofdoja.

still my favorite Half Dead song has to be "Hood Life" from the Substitute OST, the beat is insane and Half Dead is pretty decent, it's too bad Tray Deee's only doing useless adlibs at the end.

apparently Half Dead has no DPG features cause Death Row at the time wouldn't allow outside collaborations except when they were greenlighted by Suge (I.e. DPG on Hammer's 94 album the funky headhunter), the original Still on a Mission features Snoop Dogg and you can hear his style on the song. as Petey said Half Dead sounds like Snoop (and Warren too, that's that LBC style)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »
that song hood life i havent heard it in forever up it if you can fam.

123imagee

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 02:33:52 AM »
RRGB had a crazy ass line up and its was gangsta rap and lil half dead´s is straight G-Funk
both DOPE AS INDO in my book.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 11:09:09 PM »
ok so i went and listened to this song hoodlife that i havent heard in so many years and i noticed something i never noticed before at the end of the song he starts talking to a homie in the studio and i think that homie was tray deeeeeeeeeeeeeee. i also think tray dee wrote this or helped because he used a line i heard tray dee say later on in his career...."dippin while im flippin,listening to the oldies..." anyone else ever noticed that?

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 11:16:05 PM »
ok so i went and listened to this song hoodlife that i havent heard in so many years and i noticed something i never noticed before at the end of the song he starts talking to a homie in the studio and i think that homie was tray deeeeeeeeeeeeeee. i also think tray dee wrote this or helped because he used a line i heard tray dee say later on in his career...."dippin while im flippin,listening to the oldies..." anyone else ever noticed that?

:banana_trippin: :banana_trippin: :banana_trippin:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

Will_B

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2014, 01:12:43 AM »
LMAO!!

Just gave the track a spin and its def Big Tray Deee. Pretty tight track even if its the generic Lil HD format