Author Topic: NFL Divisional Round Predictions  (Read 1220 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: NFL Divisional Round Predictions
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 05:50:01 AM »
So in turn, I guess this game is a moot point for your argument...being that as a whole the Broncos are better than the Patriots. Unless Brady throws three picks...even though Peyton has thrown three picks against Brady in the playoffs before. I don't know. I can't keep up with your rules lol.

But I'll just blame the defense and Aaron Hernandez's murder on the loss.

The only parts of the Broncos that are better than the Pats is the WR/TE corps and the QB. That's it.

The Patriots have a better o-line and o-line coach, a better OC, and better DC, a better pass rush, a better run game, the secondaries are equal as far as talent but Belli's way smarter at positioning them. And the Pats have a way better head coach.

With Peyton the Pats would have been a 14-2 or 15-1 #1 seed. With Brady the Broncos would have lost the division to the Chiefs. Because as good as the WRs on Denver are, they are more finesse over the shoulder route runners and Brady can't make those throws.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »
The Broncos defense is far better. The Patriots had the 26th ranked defense.

Moreno had a better season than the Patriot backs. Blount had three TWO YARD RUNS for TDs. TWO YARDS. He's no Adrian Peterson now. Monte Ball could've done that for the Patriots last week. Then his stats were inflated because he busted for a 73 yard run. If I played a full sixteen game schedule, I'd eventually bust one out for at least 45-50.

Peyton lucked out with the easiest schedule in the NFL with a .430 opponent win percentage. & then of course the four toughest games on the schedule besides the overrated Chiefs who played the same easy ass schedule, Chargers, Cowboys, Colts, Patriots ended in three losses & a Romo drive away to tie or win the game.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 08:31:52 PM »
The Broncos defense is far better. The Patriots had the 26th ranked defense.

Moreno had a better season than the Patriot backs. Blount had three TWO YARD RUNS for TDs. TWO YARDS. He's no Adrian Peterson now. Monte Ball could've done that for the Patriots last week. Then his stats were inflated because he busted for a 73 yard run. If I played a full sixteen game schedule, I'd eventually bust one out for at least 45-50.

Peyton lucked out with the easiest schedule in the NFL with a .430 opponent win percentage. & then of course the four toughest games on the schedule besides the overrated Chiefs who played the same easy ass schedule, Chargers, Cowboys, Colts, Patriots ended in three losses & a Romo drive away to tie or win the game.

Fuck the schedule and fuck the rankings. The defense is better in NE. I don't care how many yards they let up. And you're going to bring up the Dallas game to knock Peyton. That joke of a Denver D let Romo put up almost 50.

He's just better, because he's fucking better. I see it with my eyes and have seen it for over a decade.

And shut up,. 2 yard runs. After he ran down the field. Fucking guy had almost 200 yards running, splitting time with other guys. Shit. Take away the 73 yard run. He'd still have almost 100 on 24 carries,. Of course it's not the long runs that matter, or even the RBs per se. If it's 4th and inches and the game on the line which team do I trust to hand the ball off and get the yard more? It's always NE.

Now most of this has to do with one man above anything else; Bill Belicheck. You give the Broncos as is that man as HC and the Pats get John Fox then this game is a Broncos domination.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 10:49:49 AM »
Cham i dont' even know why your bothering arguing with this Manning Jock Sniffer. Its as simple as this, your eyes you see one thing and in my eyes and chams eye i see them fucken play and Brady is fucken easily better not even close has been for years. Whose to say my eyes are better then yours or yours better then mine? Nobody. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Shallow you think Manning is the greatest I think Brady is the greatest. Everyones gonna be treated to a good game no matter who wins or loses this fucken argument will go on forever so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the game as well as the Seattle/San Fran game which should be some nice smash mouth football at C-Link.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:27 PM »
Cham i dont' even know why your bothering arguing with this Manning Jock Sniffer. Its as simple as this, your eyes you see one thing and in my eyes and chams eye i see them fucken play and Brady is fucken easily better not even close has been for years. Whose to say my eyes are better then yours or yours better then mine? Nobody. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one. Shallow you think Manning is the greatest I think Brady is the greatest. Everyones gonna be treated to a good game no matter who wins or loses this fucken argument will go on forever so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the game as well as the Seattle/San Fran game which should be some nice smash mouth football at C-Link.

I think Johnny Unitas is the greatest, and I never thought it was ever close.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 03:47:27 PM »

Okay well thats your opinion and a good choice. I wish I knew more about Johnny Unitas but unfortunately I was not able to watch him play but have only heard praise about him from NFL Analysts.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 09:34:33 PM »

Okay well thats your opinion and a good choice. I wish I knew more about Johnny Unitas but unfortunately I was not able to watch him play but have only heard praise about him from NFL Analysts.

When I watch Unitas play I see the exact same talent I see from Manning. The difference is I see him do it against a defense that's allowed to body slam him after he throws the ball and beat up his WRs all the way down the field. For a while now I've thought there are only 3 QBs in history that could have been drafted anywhere under any circumstances and still made the hall of fame; Unitas, Marino, and Manning.

Montana for all his glory would have looked a lot worse than Steve Young had he been on the Bucs. He played for a team that couldn't lose even when the 3rd stringer was in there, Steve Bono, and he gets credit for the team's victories. I simply don't give credit to a QB for the wins and losses of a team.

As for Brady, he's a much better QB now than he was in the first 5 years of his career, but he is called the best based on those first 5 years, because his team won it all. He was a lot better in 07 than in 03, and his team was better in 07 than in 03, but they lost and it somehow doesn't matter.

I see a guy that when his a-gap is open and his WRs break even slightly open up the middle or wide open down the field, he can hit them. He will rarely make a bonehead throw or try and gun it when he doesn't have to, and he has a good sense of what's around him with regards to whether to tuck it and run or stay with the pass. But when the a-gap gets crunched and the WRs get covered, he can't fit it tight to the outside consistently enough and he can't over the should fade it with the best of them.

He had the 07 offense and couldn't get more than 14 out of them and people call it a fluke that Eli was able to muster up that drive. I just don't get the hypocrisy. Manning gets lauded for one and dones. There was a Sandiego game where Manning took the offense down the field for the lead to end the game, but San Diego tied it last minute and then got the ball first in OT and scored and it goes down as another choke for Manning. Brady can't be that spared just because the three early rings.

Just look at the facts since his last ring;

A pick 6 in the end zone to cement the loss against Denver in 05
A pick to end the game down by 4 with a minute left against the Colts in 06
14 points only against the Giants in 07 and still had Randy Moss running with a step on his DB twice on the last possession but couldn't throw it far enough (not to mention the 3 picks against SD in the AFC game)
A one and done beat down at the hands of the Ravens in 09
The 14-2 Pats got beat at home by the Jets by being held really to 14 points most of the game and a last TD thrown in junk time to cap off and 2nd straight one and done in '10
A safety and a crucial pick, and the ball last in '11 and still a 17 point scored loss to the Giants
In '12 he could get a single point in the second half despite going into to half with the lead

This sums of the end of the season for Tom Brady for the last 7 years. So 3 of the first 4 just erase what he's done in the last 7 of 8? What about any of that makes him better than Peyton? And for arguments sake I'll pessimistically look at Peyton's ends of seasons from that time

Only put up 18 against Pit in 05
Had some of his worst games ever on the way to a ring in 06
Threw two picks in the 24-28 loss to SD in 07
Couldn't put up a point ijn 4th to seal a win against SD in 08, and only put up 17
Threw a pick six in the final miutes of the 09 SB
Could only put up 16 against the Jets in 10
Threw a pick in OT against the Ravens in '12

That's the last 7 years of Manning

In the last 7 years their playoff W/L records are 7-6 for Manning with a passer rating of 87.6 (82.5 rating avg. in the 7 wins and 94.1 in the losses) - That's a 12 points higher average rating for Manning in the losses than the Wins
In the last 7 years their playoff W/L records are 9-7 for Brady with a passer rating of 87.4 (96.9 in the wins and 75.4 in the losses) That's a 20 drop in the losses

Now I'm not a numbers guy, numbers lie and I don't use them to win arguments.

I simply ask a question; when we are talking about who is the best QB of the last 7 or 8 years and we use numbers to argue it how is one guy a scrub and a choke and the other the definition of clutch?