Author Topic: Whats the script with Bishop Lamont?  (Read 674 times)

Whats the script with Bishop Lamont?
« on: March 12, 2014, 11:13:16 AM »

Now, I know a lot of you bash the Bishop but I happened to think he had mad potential. Dude was a three dimensional rapper that had his own style and talked about more than bitches, blunts and 64s plus he had a great ear for beats.

I don't stay up on game as much as I should but theres only so much one can gaze at a stagnant pool, hoping for something else than mosquitoes.

What happened with the man? I heard a few dope mixtapes, seen he was on Aftermath and then like that - he was gone.

Whats the script? What happened to the cat, why did his career get put on pause, what's he upto now? Still rapping? I haven't heard anything off him since Grow Up so what I have missed?

Cheers

Blood$

Re: Whats the script with Bishop Lamont?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
dude burned too many bridges with artists and other industry folks

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 11:25:49 AM »

Details please, if you can - All I know is that he was signed to Aftermath and being toted as the next big thing, which Dre has done plenty of times but then he just vanished.

I'd totally forgotten the dude even existed till that other thread so I thought I'd post up and ask. Is he still recording/signed elsewhere?

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »
leaked the "Grow Up" song against Interscope and Dre's orders, slammed Eminem's "Crack A Bottle" when it dropped, dissed Snoop & Game when they still had a good deal of power, the fight with Scipio, etc.

at least Xzibit looked out and threw him on his last album

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:41:13 AM »
Wow, that explains the silent treatment.

Has he dropped any music since Grow Up?

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 12:22:34 PM »
I think he dropped a mixtape since then but if he did I didn't peep it

don't think I've really cared for anything dude dropped since Nigger Noize and The Confessional

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 10:14:38 AM »

Details please, if you can - All I know is that he was signed to Aftermath and being toted as the next big thing, which Dre has done plenty of times but then he just vanished.

I'd totally forgotten the dude even existed till that other thread so I thought I'd post up and ask. Is he still recording/signed elsewhere?
he said in 2010 that he left, since he was tired of waiting for a release of his album. he released 3 mixtapes since then. shawshank redemption, the layover & the preformation.
http://www.datpiff.com/Bishop-Lamont-The-Shawshank-Redemption-Angola-3-mixtape.165418.html
http://www.dubcnn.com/2012/10/04/bishop-lamont-the-layover-mixtape/
http://www.dubcnn.com/2014/01/01/bishop-lamont-the-preformation-mixtape-streamdownload/

the Shawshank redemption mixtape has some aftermath songs on it

check this link for recent articles on dubcnn about bishop:
http://www.dubcnn.com/tag/bishop-lamont/

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 12:41:10 PM »
Excellent, thank you very much for that.

BTW - Anyone got a link for the untagged Pope Mobile? It's supposed to be on itunes but I don't use that. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 01:03:36 PM by eyeball »

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »
leaked the "Grow Up" song against Interscope and Dre's orders, slammed Eminem's "Crack A Bottle" when it dropped, dissed Snoop & Game when they still had a good deal of power, the fight with Scipio, etc.

at least Xzibit looked out and threw him on his last album

Yeah dude was humble for the longest. But when he decided to try to take matters into his own hand he made 1 bad move after another. Dissing Snoop was just crazy.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 04:11:40 AM »
He dropped a freestyle on sway in the morning a few weeks ago which was nice.

BIGWORM

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 07:20:30 AM »
LMFAO. What a shame this guy was amazing now he's "The Great White Buffalo(the one that got away)"... I think him and G-Malone got a bit gassed up by their internet stans and started dissing WESTCOAST ROYALTY and got themselves BLACK BALLED quickfast...

DJ-AGE™

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • THE MIXTAPE KING!
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 12:19:16 AM »

Now, I know a lot of you bash the Bishop but I happened to think he had mad potential. Dude was a three dimensional rapper that had his own style and talked about more than bitches, blunts and 64s plus he had a great ear for beats.

I don't stay up on game as much as I should but theres only so much one can gaze at a stagnant pool, hoping for something else than mosquitoes.

What happened with the man? I heard a few dope mixtapes, seen he was on Aftermath and then like that - he was gone.

Whats the script? What happened to the cat, why did his career get put on pause, what's he upto now? Still rapping? I haven't heard anything off him since Grow Up so what I have missed?

Cheers

Bishop is looking at dropping The Reformation album last i heard but havent seen much from that a few months ago...i still fucks with Bishop...thats the homie

https://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/12/31/bishop-lamont-the-preformation-mixtape/ ...this was his last tape late 2013
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:21:21 AM by DJ-AGE™ »

dnjp4life

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 11:02:23 AM »
LMFAO. What a shame this guy was amazing now he's "The Great White Buffalo(the one that got away)"... I think him and G-Malone got a bit gassed up by their internet stans and started dissing WESTCOAST ROYALTY and got themselves BLACK BALLED quickfast...

Yeah I recall Bishop, Glasses Malone and Crooked I were planning on doing a mixtape together called 'No Country For Old Men' calling out some vets who had thrown some subliminals at them (Snoop and Ice Cube mainly, I think).  It would have been cool to hear that.

By the way, who was Bishop dissing on 'Missile Testing (Death to Infidels)? Sounds like a shot at Snoop and possibly someone else (especially the second verse).

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »

Yeah I recall Bishop, Glasses Malone and Crooked I were planning on doing a mixtape together called 'No Country For Old Men' calling out some vets who had thrown some subliminals at them (Snoop and Ice Cube mainly, I think).  It would have been cool to hear that.

By the way, who was Bishop dissing on 'Missile Testing (Death to Infidels)? Sounds like a shot at Snoop and possibly someone else (especially the second verse).
they made their point at the time, not sure if such a release would have been a good move.
anyway, i think Dae One confirmed that Missile Testing was a diss to Snoop Dogg and Game.

by the way i noticed that some of bishop's music was removed from itunes, including his single Sodom & Gomorrah

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 02:21:47 PM »
Bishop is looking at dropping The Reformation album last i heard but havent seen much from that a few months ago...i still fucks with Bishop...thats the homie

https://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/12/31/bishop-lamont-the-preformation-mixtape/ ...this was his last tape late 2013

Thats a good news - wonder if it acutally happens. And what is Dre/Aftermath's word on this.

I liked your mixtapes of Bishop and Dre's stuff.