Author Topic: Ron Artest Shits on Dwight Howard.................  (Read 3622 times)

Sccit

Ron Artest Shits on Dwight Howard.................
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »
Metta World Peace criticizes Dwight Howard, praises Ryan Kelly

By James Herbert  @outsidethenba on Mar 25 2014, 10:12a

Metta World Peace appeared on the Max & Marcellus show on ESPN LA 710 radio on Monday and was, well, himself. The free agent forward said he would not have accepted a buyout from the New York Knicks if Phil Jackson had joined the front office by then, and he commented on Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant and much more, via ESPN's Dave McMenamin:

On the Lakers' air-it-out meeting in Memphis last season: "Kobe was furious and he just wanted things to change, and him and Dwight [Howard] at the time wasn't clicking. I think Dwight would take it too personal because Kobe is like very direct and Kobe gives you, like, a chance to show who you are. Not necessarily produce, but just to show who you are. Kobe wants to see you out there on the court, and he wants to see you like an attack dog. A smart attack dog. Show that you have heart. Show you care. He wants to see it right away."

On Howard's limitations as an offensive player: "That's where I had an issue with Dwight sometimes because he's strong and he can rebound, he can block shots, he can dunk. But his moves are not polished yet. So to want the ball every time ... we're going to give it to you, because the franchise called for that, but he isn't going to score."

Since World Peace hadn't spoken to Los Angeles media all season, he took lots of Lakers-related questions. The best part of the interview? Why, that's when he provided his assessment of Lakers rookie forward Ryan Kelly, who is averaging 7.7 points and 3.4 rebounds per game:

On Lakers rookie Ryan Kelly's potential: "He's stronger than Kevin Durant was when he came in [the league] and can do basically the same things, but he has to start [training] now."

I mean, sure! Kevin Durant was the No. 2 overall pick, won Rookie of the Year and developed into a superstar who will likely win the MVP award this season. Kelly, the No. 48 pick, has had some nice games and has made a pretty good argument for sticking around in the league next year. So, so, so similar.

Never change, Metta.

www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/3/25/5545730/metta-world-peace-radio-interview-phil-jackson-lakers

LOL

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Ron Artest Shits on Dwight Howard.................
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 01:01:00 PM »
You highlighted that but didn't highlight the credibility killer (of what was even left) by him comparing Ryan Kelly to KD? Lol

Citizen-Y

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:08:16 PM »
Nik was laughing at Artest for talking shit to Kobe but now his tune has changed. 

Dwight isn't the best post player but somehow he draws double teams and his passing has been pretty good.  I like him, he's not a Laker so that's cool. 

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:13:52 PM by Citizen-Y »

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 01:42:47 PM »
Rockets were doin pretty damn good wit Dwight out for the last few games

Citizen-Y

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:10:35 PM »
The Rockets were the 4th best team in the league with him

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:13:51 PM »
what is Artest doing these days?  lol dude is the biggest black eye to the NBA this century...total nutcase.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 04:16:30 PM »
Artest is right on this 1 tho

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 04:24:28 PM »
Artest is right on this 1 tho

well it's no secret that Howard is very limited offensively and this is why he'll never join the class of the Hakeem/Shaq/Robinson/Ewing type guys we grew up on the 90's and/or early 2000's

but dude is a beast and will be a HOFer barring any injuries and Artest will never be remembered for his time in Houston while Dwight will be.  Artest will always be known for the fight and his bailing Kobe out in game 7 of the NBA finals

and lol @ comparing someone to Durant when they score under 10 PPG.   Ask Remedy how dope Durant was his rookie year ;)

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 04:29:19 PM »
prime artest > Dwight

ryan kelly is no Durant, but he's got a similar skill-set

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 04:30:24 PM »
prime artest > Dwight

ryan kelly is no Durant, but he's got a similar skill-set
:laugh:   

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Incredible lmao. I can't believe I spent years of my life debating LeBron/Kobe with a man so biased.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 04:34:35 PM »
whats incredible tho?

u were too young to see artest in his prime

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 04:41:13 PM »
LMAO, stop. He was drafted in 1999 & his prime was '03-'04 to like '07-'08 & he was just a better version of Bruce Bowen. Elite defender...as is Dwight, but Dwight is 10 times more valuable. Especially in a league where there is a handful of good centers.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »
Incredible lmao. I can't believe I spent years of my life debating LeBron/Kobe with a man so biased.

:D  it's pretty silly, isn't it?

"KENDALL MARSHALL IS BETTER THAN RONDO"

"TRACY MCGRADY IS BETTER THAN LEBRON"

"RON ARTEST IS BETTER THAN DWIGHT HOWARD"

"PAU GASOL IS BETTER THAN HAKEEM OLAJUWAN"

Okay, maybe I made that last one up but is it really any worse off than his first 3 claims?  :D

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 06:18:37 PM »
he was just a better version of Bruce Bowen.

lmao and u try laughing other peoples statements off

pacers built around artest were serious title contenders....rockets built around artest made a nice playoff run in the ultra competitive west. the guy was a legit offensive threat and the best perimeter defender in the league. he also was a fierce competitor, something that dwight is far from.

rockets are lookin just as good wit or witout dwight....his value is extremely exaggerated by people like u...ur just laughing because all u can remember of artest was his out-of-prime run wit the lakers.