Author Topic: Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker... Unbelievable!  (Read 185 times)

Big BpG

Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker... Unbelievable!
« on: March 26, 2003, 08:19:31 PM »
its hard for me to just drop money on a system I  really had no faith in, but when Nintendo announced Zelda: The Wind Waker, my struggle was trying to not buy the gamecube. So tuesday the game came out and I must say after a lot of speculation, this game is unreal. It's probably the best RPG/Action/Adventure title since The Ocarina Of Time, which is by the best video game ever. A true game should be measured it a lot of ways... but mosty in gameplay. Zelda truly captures the gameplay aspect like no other game has. Games likes GTA, which give individuals free gameplay, are very good,  but Zelda just truly amazes me. Each level is designed in which the character must find a way ... whetherr his way before over water, over a bridge, a gap,  anything... whether its defeating a boss, you can choose what you want... for example... if you're figthing a bomb flower, you can eitherr just slice and dice, or you can harpoon it. By harpooning, you can retrieve the treasures within the flower. Also each level is interactive. To get to the top of one castle took me near an hour, now if I fell off a ledge... I literally would fall to the bottom and have to re-do that hour... instead, the game rewards you by letting you access a teleport system which only becomes  functionable when you reach the top... this system will allow you to port from bottom to top. Great design in levels.

when it comes to visuals, Zelda is one of the best looking games in a long time. The style chosen was cel shading, but it's gotta be the best looking cel shaded game I have ever seen. From dust flying through the air, to sand below your feet, to the lighting, the  lighting is absolutely amazing, almost as good as splinter cell, which is probably the best example of lighting on a console. The story if very good, awesome in fact. I dont want to give any of it away, but when I say this game is awesome, I mean it, this game is damn near  perfect if not. I have found no problem in sound, in controls, graphics of anything, it is simply one of the best polished games. Also, if you enjoyed Ocarina of Time on the 64, you will be quite pleased to know, that the Wind Waker..............***spoiler below***

The Wind Waker is the sequel...

-Blue

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Sub-Z

Re:Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker... Unbelievable!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 08:30:48 PM »
cel shading makes me cry

hector

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2003, 09:16:33 PM »
cel shading makes me cry

hahaha. Well said.

Big BpG

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2003, 11:22:47 PM »
all I gotta say is... Cel Shading MADE me cry, then I  saw this game, definetly one of the best looking games in Years... just incredible

-Blue

From '93 to '05

BL7

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 03:12:35 AM »
That's it! I'm pickin' this shit up ASAP.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 06:45:00 AM »
damn...i want this game...though i've read its easy to beat

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2003, 02:19:33 AM »
all I gotta say is... Cel Shading MADE me cry, then I  saw this game, definetly one of the best looking games in Years... just incredible

-Blue
word i seen that shit at bestbuy today on display some fools where playing it and i was like  :o that shit is tight......the graphics on it are incredible for cell shading.....and the game looks fun as well

Big BpG

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2003, 04:00:51 PM »
yep yep, I mean, this is Zelda, forget graphics and think about the game, Zelda has always been about gameplay and strategy, I  didn't care if this game looked like a cartoon, I knew the gameplay would sell me... and it has... the graphics even make it better too

-Blue

From '93 to '05

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2003, 10:45:03 PM »
This game is tight as fuck, going down as one of the best ever.....better than Ocarina without a doubt!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"

BL7

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2003, 09:05:56 AM »
I bought this two days ago,  geat game. I'm stuck on the first boss atm, but I'll get his ass eventually.

Peace

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »
This game is tight as fuck, going down as one of the best ever.....better than Ocarina without a doubt!!

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

Matty_C

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2003, 09:36:26 AM »
Best game in a long time  8)