Author Topic: DJ Quik helped on some production over the years...[Hidden Work]  (Read 2153 times)

Mr. Theo

DJ Quik role in the music production appears to be greater than it seems..

The 50 Cent "In Da Club" drums-percussion story is just tip of the ice berg.

Outside his works when he rocking with Aftermath..(Truth Hurts album..Put It On Me w/ Dre era)

There more albums,he probably helped (or bring ideas)..(put elements) (how you want to call) in the production, but the credits don't appeared.

AMG - Bitch Betta Have My Money

Quik told in interview, the equipament used to make this album was his, assuming this, Quik is all round on the album recordings.
Only "Nu Exasize" is credited to Quik..but various tracks was helped by him, of course.

Hi-C - Swing'n

Remember The 97 Summer Jam Show? Quik and Hi-C performed "I Wanna See" this is unreleased track until 2000..was recorded on the "Swing'n" sessions..Profile scraped DJ Quik production on this album...because Hi-C was signed to Tommy Boy at time..Tommy Boy is a rival recording company of Profile, both NY labels.
Check the Hi-C produced tracks on this album..Swing'n,F**k A 40 Oz,Whats Goin On..is clearly DJ Quik helped him with the production on these tracks.

DJ Quik and Raphael Saadiq are a hella of musicians, both got many hidden credits
Tony!Toni!Toné - House of Music

The "Let's Get Down" track ( featured on album ) and the clearence of the sample on Luniz - Juss Me and U, isn't the only collabo of Saadiq and Quik..
The tracks Lovin You..Top Notch and more specifically "Tossin and Turnin" probably been helped by him.

The Roots - What They Do track

This was recorded on the same time of "Let's Get Down". Clearly Raphael cooked this track with Quik's help..
DJ Quik made a radio drop with this instrumental in 1997.. Interesting...
and when Quik was on Jimmy Fallon show, he played with the roots..Quik said " Is a pleasure work with the legendary Roots again"!?!?!

Snoop Dogg - Midnite Love song

This track was recorded on Death Row days...is clearly the involvement of Quik in this..the track sound on the same vibe of "Lets Get Down" by G1,Saadiq and Quika and Late Nite by 2Pac..both Death Rows Quik tracks era.

Raphael Saadiq - Instant Vintage

2002 ..You remember the DJ Quik got pranked on Jimmie Kennedy Experiment? he was in studio with Saadiq..you think they cooked only the track "Well"? From 2000-2002 they were in the studio.

Tracks like Body Parts,Be Here,Faithful,Blind Man sounded like Raphael and Quik on the boards..

DJ Quik tweeted "Knock in' the Raphael Saddiq Instant Vintage CD. It always gets stolen from my collection." . Sure Quik?

Kurupt - Streetlights

This album and "BlaQout" was recorded at the same time...Terrace helped on BlaQout production..Quik helped on this album too..

I'm Drunk,Questions and Bounce Rock Skate was handled by DJ Quik.

DJ Quik also helped on Frank Nitti - L.O.V.E .. he features in this song too..

Annymore suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 12:17:48 PM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: DJ Quik helped on some production over the years...[Hidden Work]
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:39:19 AM »
quik also had his hands on baby phat - de la soul ft devin the dude

Mr. Theo

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 08:31:11 AM »
I Was looking for "Midnight Love" credits...it's produced by Snoop Dogg and Soopfly. Read = Raphael Saadiq and DJ Quik.

WOW i forgot this..

DEFINITELY.

makaveliapostle

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »

never knew this.  preciate the info.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 01:41:14 AM »
I'm really interested in knowing what he did on Dogg Food. The credits on that album sound like a big fuckin lie.

I Was looking for "Midnight Love" credits...it's produced by Snoop Dogg and Soopfly. Read = Raphael Saadiq and DJ Quik.

Really? I always thought it was Daz & Soopafly.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

pixtr

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 04:16:52 AM »
Dope Boyz by The Game along with Travis Baker, this shit is sooo dope

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 07:28:56 AM »
Battlecat did that Faithful song with Raphael Saadiq

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 08:04:39 AM »
Battlecat did that Faithful song with Raphael Saadiq
8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 08:08:39 PM »
I'm really interested in knowing what he did on Dogg Food. The credits on that album sound like a big fuckin lie.

Really? I always thought it was Daz & Soopafly.

This is really produced by Quik and Saadiq. This track got a DJ Quik signature sound.

Soopafly is a hella producer..but he don't made this beat. no way this is a Soopafly production

Mr. Theo

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 06:07:42 AM »
Who knows what exactly did Quik on Eminem "Encore" album.?
He was around the album record. But i don't know what his contribuition to this...
Anyone knows ?

bouli77

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 06:28:43 AM »
interesting thread.

some of this is speculation, unless you have evidence or more tangible elements than "it has his signature sound" or "it was recorded during the same period", you can't really say that Quik produced this or that, even though sometimes all the elements adds up, i think the What They Do theory for example is far fetched.

also, you gotta be careful and accurate with the terms you use, dj quik may be involved in all the tracks you mention but it's one thing to be involved in the process and another to be the producer of the song.

DJ Quik was involved in Snoop & Kurupt's Ride On. and he is said to have ghostproduced R. Kelly's Home Alone too (which is credible since G-1 produced it)

Its Tyme For Blunts

• Banned
  • 'G'
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 11:03:38 AM »
believe it or not, he did some work on the spice girl's debut album. look it up

Mr. Theo

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 11:14:12 AM »
interesting thread.

some of this is speculation, unless you have evidence or more tangible elements than "it has his signature sound" or "it was recorded during the same period", you can't really say that Quik produced this or that, even though sometimes all the elements adds up, i think the What They Do theory for example is far fetched.

also, you gotta be careful and accurate with the terms you use, dj quik may be involved in all the tracks you mention but it's one thing to be involved in the process and another to be the producer of the song.

DJ Quik was involved in Snoop & Kurupt's Ride On. and he is said to have ghostproduced R. Kelly's Home Alone too (which is credible since G-1 produced it)

this is what I'm saying..

he is probably involved with these tracks..but he don't was the only responsible for the tracks production..he bring elements..

obvsiouly got too much speculation on my post

kuruptlon

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 11:53:35 AM »
I am in no way saying Quik had anything to do with either of these songs but both these tracks always reminded me of a Quik type beat.

Dom Kennedy - When I Come Around

Wiz Khalifa - Kid Frankie

Its Tyme For Blunts

• Banned
  • 'G'
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »
interesting thread.

this is what I'm saying..

he is probably involved with these tracks..but he don't was the only responsible for the tracks production..he bring elements..

obvsiouly got too much speculation on my post

you love dj quik dont you?