Author Topic: 2014 MLB Mid-Season Trade Watch  (Read 1120 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: 2014 MLB Mid-Season Trade Watch
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 09:44:37 PM »
Yup, Justin Turner has been unreal for us as a bench option. He mostly plays 3B now though.

I can see Barney playing at the big leagues and serving as a late inning defensive sub for our middle infield, which is currently Miguel Rojas' job (who is an amazing defensive player himself and is the reason Kershaw got that no-hitter). I think we'll send Rojas down in favor of Barney. Barney was a SS his whole life, including in the minors, but moved to 2B so Castro could play SS. One of my closest friends is from Chicago and used to complain about this, since Barney supposedly has a way better arm than Castro lol.

Reports are the saying that the PTBNL is SP Zachary Bird or reliever Onelki Garcia. I'm sure they're both sweating buckets right now lol, but both are pretty promising prospects and I think Cubs would be happy with both, especially Bird.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
Redsox want two elite level prospects for Lester. That's silly.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
Justin Masterson to the Cardinals.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
Justin Masterson to the Cardinals.

Supposedly for next to nothing too. According to Cards fans, Ramsey was bound to bust. I was hoping Dodgers would get Masterson so we don't have to trade a top prospect to get an ace and just aim for a back-end starter instead. Though reports are saying Dodgers aren't going to do that but who knows with that crazy ball club.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:50:52 PM by Halu Sination »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 07:59:34 PM »
I know the Rays and Redsox want both your top prospects for Lester or Price. I'd stay away from both of them and I think they will.

Price will remain a Ray anyway. Lester will be out though.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 08:28:21 PM »
i bet Jon Lester is the type of scary dude who goes back to boston in 2015 as a FA

MistaNova

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 08:35:24 PM »
I bet Lester sells his soul and comes to the Yankees as an FA in 2015. He'll join a rotation that features Tanaka, Scherzer, the ghost of CC and whoever ends up filling in for Pineda who spends the entire 2015 season on the DL.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 09:57:57 PM »
I know the Rays and Redsox want both your top prospects for Lester or Price. I'd stay away from both of them and I think they will.

Price will remain a Ray anyway. Lester will be out though.

Phillies wanted our top three prospects for Cole Hamels lol. Colletti said he's not parting with with any of them for a rental like Lester and like you said, we probably won't. Colletti also mentioned that he wasn't only inquiring about starting pitching and that the "talks" he has had about them are being blown out of proportion, which is comforting.

But I am legitimately worried for Joc Pederson. It just seems like destiny that he will not play in LA lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
Lester and Gomes for Cespedes. That's a crazy move for Oakland. Gearing up to win it all.

Remedy360

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »
Apparently the A's just sent Cespedes to the Red Sox for Lester and Gomes. Good god, that A's rotation is so fucking loaded.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2014, 12:40:07 PM »
I bet money they don't win the WS.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »
David Price to the Tigers! Holy shit!

They give up Smyly and Jackson.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2014, 01:05:10 PM »
Yankees swap Kelly Johnson for Stephen Drew lol.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »
When I saw Seattle was involved in the Price deal, I was like "uh oh, maybe Tampa Bay got a prospect like Walker from them." Only to find out it was Nick fucking Franklin.

Tampa Bay got robbed beyond belief in this deal. Drew Smyly and fucking Nick Franklin lmao. Astros got more for Jarred Cosart, and from Miami of all teams.

MistaNova

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2014, 07:51:54 AM »
*David Price goes to the Tigers, Austin Jackson goes to the Mariners, and Nick Franklin, Drew Smyly and Willy Adames goes to the Rays.
It was a good try the rest of the AL central, but your efforts and hustle were all in vain. We should just give the Division Champion banner to the Tigers right now and be done with it.
The Rays obviously didn't get the prospect haul everybody was expecting them to get, but they did got some nice returns nonetheless. With all of the prospect hugging going on nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if this was the best offer Tampa got for Price.
Austin Jackson will have some big shoes to fill when he's playing centerfield for the Mariners. I mean who could ever replace guys like Abraham Almonte, Franklin Gutierrez or James Jones?

*Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes go to the Athletics, Yoenis Cespedes goes to the Red Sox.
This is a clear sign that the Red Sox plan on contending in 2015. Of course their pitching rotation will have to be sorted out but Boston has the money and prospects to get anyone they want between now and Opening Day 2015.
Meanwhile the A's rotation just got even better and will make the ALDS(?) or ALCS one heck of a pitching match-up.

DET: Verlander, Scherzer, Price, Sanchez & Porcello
OAK: Lester, Gray, Kazmir, Samardjiza & Hammel

:o

*John Lackey and Corey Littrell go to the Cardinals, Allen Craig and Joe Kelly go to the Red Sox.
Again, the Red Sox are preparing their core for next year. With Cespedes and Craig they've added two outfielders who've proven that they can stick around at the MLB level. And while Joe Kelly is no Jon Lester, he is at least good enough to be John Lackey.

*Martin Prado goes to the Yankees, Peter O'Brien goes to the D-Backs.
This trade fucking pissed me off. Nice going Cashman, you traded away one of the best home run mashers in the minors (and had the second most extra base hits in the minors) for a mediocre infielder/outfielder. And people are saying this was a bad trade for Arizona, fucking morons.

*Jarred Cosart, Enrique Hernandez and Austin Wates goes to the Astros, Jake Marisnick, Colin Moran, Francis Martes and a 2015 competitive balance pick goes to the Marlins.
Holy fucking shit, the Marlins got robbed in this trade. Jarred Cosart is a nice commodity to have in any rotation but giving up Jake Marisnick and Colin Moran for him? Really? Plus the Marlins also parted with a CBP, which will be important come June, 2015.

*James Russell and Emilio Bonifacio go to the Braves, Victor Caratini goes to the Cubs.
Man, Bonifacio's value must've really plummeted after the calendar turned to May.

*Asdrubal Cabrera goes to the Nationals, Zach Walters goes to the Indians.
This one caught me by surprise as I thought the Indians were going to raise the price on Cabrera. But I guess everybody saw through that by just pointing out that they already had a future SS in Francisco Lindor.

*Chris Denorfia goes to the Mariners, Stephen Kohlscheen and Abraham Almonte go to the Padres.
Rejoice Mariners fans, this trade will save your season!

*Andrew Miller goes to the Orioles, Eduardo Rodriguez goes to the Red Sox.
Another young top org prospect added to Boston's ranks. Oh goody.

*Stephen Drew goes to the Yankees, Kelly Johnson goes to the Red Sox.
Sure, why the fuck not?

*Tommy Milone goes to Twins, Sam Fuld goes to the A's.
Gee, I thought the A's would put a bigger price tag on Milone but at least the Twins now have a young controlled arm. And one that doesn't suck either.

*Gerardo Parra goes to the Brewers, Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda go to the D-Backs.
It just dawned on me that most of the Diamondbacks players are now white. Most of their black players and Latinos have been traded away by now. They should just rename themselves the Whitemenbacks.

One thing I noticed about this year's trade deadline was the total lack of top tier prospects being moved around. The only trade that featured top prospects being moved was the Jarred Cosart trade. And I guess the Masterson-Ramsey trade too (just barely). Most of the guys that moved around were major leaguers who teams either weren't intend on keeping around, or weren't going to be able to keep around.
This might be a common theme from here on out. Teams refuse to trade their top prospects and instead only trade proven major league talent.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 07:58:18 AM by #FreeMyNiggaARod »