Author Topic: 2014 MLB Mid-Season Trade Watch  (Read 1122 times)

MistaNova

2014 MLB Mid-Season Trade Watch
« on: July 01, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »
Well it's July, which means that for the next two months we can all start taking trades seriously as more and more teams fall out of contention and trade away their useless assets while other teams decide to go for it and trade away pieces of their future.

So far the only "big" trade that's happened so far is Pittsburgh and Los Angeles (Anaheim) swapping Jason Grilli and Ernesto Frieri. But sooner or later we will start seeing some bigger trades. And more than likely most of the trades will be centered around pitching as every contender is looking for pitching help.

It's too early to tell what will happen/who will get traded but so far most of the rumors have been centered around Jeff Samadzija, David Price, Justin Masterson and Jason Hammel. Recently some reports have come out that maybe even Andrew Cashner might get dealt seeing as how the Padres are a mess right now. Of course Cliff Lee will still see his name get tossed around but nobody will bother trying to meet Ruben Amaro's retarded demands so that's not happening.

On the other side you look at the contenders who are looking to trade for these upgrades and what they can supposedly offer. As I said in the past the Yankees and Blue Jays don't have jack shit to trade. Well okay the Yankees do have a "decent" trade package if they send away Dellin Betances and JR Murphy (and others) but they won't be getting the Samadzijas or Hammels, and the Blue Jays do have Aaron Sanchez but he won't get that team shit either as the failed Samadzija negotiations have shown. The Rangers have a fair share of top prospects that has resulted in them being tied to guys like David Price and Giancarlo fucking Stanton, but recently some reports have come out suggesting that they might even move Yu fucking Darvish to revive a core and farm system that's been taking hits for the last few years, take that for whatever it's worth. The Tigers could use some more infield help (Romine is no Iglesias) but they're pretty much a lock.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: 2014 MLB Mid-Season Trade Watch
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 06:52:30 PM »
i'm waiting for the Red Sox to trade Peavy and others

MistaNova

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:16:29 PM »
i'm waiting for the Red Sox to trade Peavy and others

Oh those guys will be out the door soon enough, after all that team has to make room in their rotation for Henry Owens, Matt Barnes, Anthony Ranaudo, Trey Ball, Ty Buttrey and a few other future front-line starters somehow.

Remedy360

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »
The AL is gonna be interesting, so many teams are hovering around .500 that are probably gonna want to try and buy. In all likelihood teams are gonna have to massively overpay to bring in significant pieces cause of the potential demand.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 08:32:09 PM »
Jon Lester is going to be a good pick-up for whoever needs an ace for their play-off push.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »
I don't even know what the Yankees need to do. I can't even really complain about pitching right now & there's always the hope CC & Pineda come back strong.

I'd take a couple of infielders lol.

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
I don't even know what the Yankees need to do. I can't even really complain about pitching right now & there's always the hope CC & Pineda come back strong.

I feel better about Montero's fatass down in AAA knowing that Pineda is injured.

MistaNova

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

I see that some Yankee fans don't mind having Vidal Nuno pitch once every five days. Go figure.

BTW, Bartolo Colon has been put on the trade block by the Mets. Would be a pretty decent pickup for a team in need of pitching.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 09:04:24 PM by #FreeMyNiggaARod »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 03:24:08 AM »
Don't know what's wrong with James Shields but he actually has the lowest ERA on the Royals rotation right now.  He was keeping us afloat earlier in the year, so I think he is just going through a rough stretch, however, with him being in the last year of his contract a trade may be possible for the Royals to try to get a power bat in return or a third baseman.

Royals picked up Raul Ibanez this week by the way.  He already knocked one out of the park  8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 04:45:30 AM »
Don't know what's wrong with James Shields but he actually has the lowest ERA on the Royals rotation right now.  He was keeping us afloat earlier in the year, so I think he is just going through a rough stretch, however, with him being in the last year of his contract a trade may be possible for the Royals to try to get a power bat in return or a third baseman.

Royals picked up Raul Ibanez this week by the way.  He already knocked one out of the park  8)

Ibanez was ridiculous for the Mariners last year. Dude hit 25 out in the first half as a 40 year old. The problem was, our outfield was a disaster so he ended up playing way too much that he was completely worn out in the second half. Dude really struggled with Anahiem this year though, I don't know if that was a result of too much playing time or just age. Either way, doesn't hurt to take a flier on him if you just wanna use him situationally. Great locker room guy too.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 08:04:13 AM »

i think we all know this year is a lost cause...which sucks for Jeter but it is what it is.

we sign Max Scherzer in the off season and have the best 1-2 punch since MAddux-Glavine

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 05:21:11 AM »

Ibanez was ridiculous for the Mariners last year. Dude hit 25 out in the first half as a 40 year old. The problem was, our outfield was a disaster so he ended up playing way too much that he was completely worn out in the second half. Dude really struggled with Anahiem this year though, I don't know if that was a result of too much playing time or just age. Either way, doesn't hurt to take a flier on him if you just wanna use him situationally. Great locker room guy too.

The Royals caught lightning in a bottle with 42 year old Migel Tejada last year.  The guy wasn't even supposed to make the team but he lit it up in spring training.  Then he was just supposed to be a bench guy but he forced his way into the starting line-up.  The guy was hitting plus .300 with pop all year and then late in the season they found out he was using substances again, lol.

Ever since, they've acted like the guy didn't even exist like he never played or contributed last year but he was a big-time contributor and it was certainly worth having him at league minimum.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »
yankees get brandon mccarthy for videl nuno

good riddance to nuno

MistaNova

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 12:51:14 PM »
Not exactly a trade but the Atlanta Braves just released Dan Uggla. A team desperate for lightning in a bottle will pick him up in 3, 2, 1...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 01:33:18 PM »
Yankees are trying to trade A-rod to the Athletics