Author Topic: 2014 MLB Mid-Season Trade Watch  (Read 1121 times)

Remedy360

Re: 2014 MLB Mid-Season Trade Watch
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »
When I saw Seattle was involved in the Price deal, I was like "uh oh, maybe Tampa Bay got a prospect like Walker from them." Only to find out it was Nick fucking Franklin.

Tampa Bay got robbed beyond belief in this deal. Drew Smyly and fucking Nick Franklin lmao. Astros got more for Jarred Cosart, and from Miami of all teams.

LOL seriously. I think Franklin has some good upside and Smyly seems like a nice pitcher, but damn. Excited to have Jackson.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2014, 03:11:27 PM »
When I saw Seattle was involved in the Price deal, I was like "uh oh, maybe Tampa Bay got a prospect like Walker from them." Only to find out it was Nick fucking Franklin.

Tampa Bay got robbed beyond belief in this deal. Drew Smyly and fucking Nick Franklin lmao. Astros got more for Jarred Cosart, and from Miami of all teams.

LOL seriously. I think Franklin has some good upside and Smyly seems like a nice pitcher, but damn. Excited to have Jackson.

Word Seattle came out big winners in this one IMO. You guys got the outfielder you've been clamoring for at the price of a player who is being road blocked (and will be road blocked for ten seasons lol).

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2014, 03:13:05 PM »
Yanks fans, how do you feel about the acquisitions y'all got? They are all random as fuck but I felt like Cashman had to go for broke for Jeter's final year. All of them are expire at the end of this year except for Prado (who's signed for two more years after this) and I don't see Yankees re-signing any of them. McCarthy would make the most sense though and it would've been nice if he had the extended contract instead of Prado.

MistaNova

« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2014, 08:48:05 PM »
Yanks fans, how do you feel about the acquisitions y'all got? They are all random as fuck but I felt like Cashman had to go for broke for Jeter's final year. All of them are expire at the end of this year except for Prado (who's signed for two more years after this) and I don't see Yankees re-signing any of them. McCarthy would make the most sense though and it would've been nice if he had the extended contract instead of Prado.

I feel indifferent to all of it.
With the exception of the Prado deal, the Yankees didn't give up anything worthwhile. And you know what they say, you get what you pay for. And if what you paid only cost you a Vidal Nuno or Kelly Johnson... :P. Besides, whether or not they resign any of their infield options (or the ones that are left anyway) depends on #ARod2k15.

It would've been nice to see the Yankees be sellers though. Trade away Kuroda and Robertson, dangle Betances around as trade bait, and finally top it all off by trolling the world and shipping Jeter's rotting corpse off to the Red Sox.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »

I feel indifferent to all of it.
With the exception of the Prado deal, the Yankees didn't give up anything worthwhile. And you know what they say, you get what you pay for. And if what you paid only cost you a Vidal Nuno or Kelly Johnson... :P. Besides, whether or not they resign any of their infield options (or the ones that are left anyway) depends on #ARod2k15.

It would've been nice to see the Yankees be sellers though. Trade away Kuroda and Robertson, dangle Betances around as trade bait, and finally top it all off by trolling the world and shipping Jeter's rotting corpse off to the Red Sox.

I would become a Yankee fan for the rest of my life if all of that happened lmao

MistaNova

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »
Although the proverbial trade deadline has passed it's now that time of year where teams put players on waivers and they either pass waivers and remain with their teams, or get claimed by another team and either get traded or no deal is worked out and the players stay put anyway.

One notable waiver wire transaction today was how Yankees reliever Matt Thornton was claimed by the Nationals.
Now Thornton is on his way to the Nats while the Yankees have added Rich Hill to be the lefty in their bullpen while they wait until September for rosters to expand and to firmly evaluate whether or not their home grown lefty relievers (who they have a lot of confidence in) are ready. Possible candidates include Tyler Webb and the Yankees first overall draft pick in 2014, Jacob Lindgren.

On an unrelated but still important note, the Miami Marlins have designated Jacob Turner for assignment. Now the race is on to see who'll claim him first.