Author Topic: Cowboys SHOCKED the Seahawks  (Read 811 times)

Remedy360

Re: Cowboys SHOCKED the Seahawks
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »

I don't have any sympathy for Sherman in all this, cause dude brings it all on himself with how much he talks. But this idea that he's been "exposed" is a complete joke. Dez Bryant had two catches for 20 some yards when Sherman was covering him. Two catches. Dez even said after the game that Sherm is agruably the best in the league. The guy could have five picks and allow one reception and people would still make a bunch of memes about the one reception.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
Sherman is so overrated. He plays with like seven other Pro Bowlers on defense and can't move from the right side. He's a good cornerback, mostly due to his size, but straight coverage, I'll take Revis, Peterson, Haden and most slept on, Jimmy Smith to handle individual matchups.

Plus him being a loser doesn't help his image in my eyes.

Remedy360

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 02:36:28 AM »
Sherman is so overrated. He plays with like seven other Pro Bowlers on defense and can't move from the right side. He's a good cornerback, mostly due to his size, but straight coverage, I'll take Revis, Peterson, Haden and most slept on, Jimmy Smith to handle individual matchups.

"Can't move from the right side," that's the Seahawks defensive scheme, it's not like that's Sherman's idea or something. Plus, when Maxwell went out he switched over to Bryant, so that argument doesn't really work. Plus, what's wrong with guarding one side of the field instead of playing man? Does that make Deion Sanders overrated too? Also, does him playing with other good players means he's not capable? Our three CB's behind him are hurt, Chancellor is hurt, and our D-Line has had a lot of trouble putting any pressure on the QB, so I would slow your role there. Lol "loser" I remember you talking about how he was gonna pick-6 Manning last year, what happened?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 09:08:34 AM »
When you put big money on Seattle to win the Super Bowl, you need certain things to happen.

And yeah, the defense isn't as elite as last year and it shows. Pass rush took a hit and those extra seconds he's left out in coverage shows. Like I said, he's probably the 4th best cornerback in the league. But he's not the run away Deion back in the day or Revis Island on the Jets greatest in the game. That's where talking shit and sports being so media driven comes into play. Quality player though.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 09:23:05 AM »
seattle's defense is a LOT weaker than it was last year

i for one am shocked

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 04:09:20 PM »
I had this all week. Romo's careless throwing and that o-line being able to protect the QB is exactly what did the Seahawks in against SD, and I knew it would happen again this week.
You obviously didn't watch the Chargers-Seahawks game. Careless throwing? Rivers had 284 yards (and 0 INTs) despite not throwing a pass over 21 yards. It was the opposite of careless throwing. They threw a bunch of short/medium passes and threw the ball under in order to gain yards. Anytime the Seahawks secondary gave the Chargers receivers a cushion, they exploited it. If anything, it was a very precise passing game that gave the Seahawks defense so much trouble. An emphasis on quicker throws so the QB can't get sacked and precision passing so that crazy secondary couldn't get any INTs was their game plan. I didn't watch the Cowboys game, so I have no idea what they did.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 04:14:41 PM »
why didn't you watch, Teddy?

Remedy360

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 04:20:52 PM »
seattle's defense is a LOT weaker than it was last year

i for one am shocked

Yeah, lost a few good players on the d-line and backfield but injuries have killed them as well. I haven't been impressed either, they'll need to step it up.

Remedy360

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 04:26:42 PM »
When you put big money on Seattle to win the Super Bowl, you need certain things to happen.

And yeah, the defense isn't as elite as last year and it shows. Pass rush took a hit and those extra seconds he's left out in coverage shows. Like I said, he's probably the 4th best cornerback in the league. But he's not the run away Deion back in the day or Revis Island on the Jets greatest in the game. That's where talking shit and sports being so media driven comes into play. Quality player though.

I'm not saying he's the undisputed best in the league, my point is that people who hate on Sherm always use the argument of him lining up on one side of the field like it's his idea or something when it's just the team's defensive scheme. There's zero proof that he wouldn't thrive in another system, and the guy has done fine when the team assigns him to man coverage, and in general the dude's made big plays since he came into the league in 2011 before the Hawks were even an elite team.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 06:51:42 PM »
I had this all week. Romo's careless throwing and that o-line being able to protect the QB is exactly what did the Seahawks in against SD, and I knew it would happen again this week.
You obviously didn't watch the Chargers-Seahawks game. Careless throwing? Rivers had 284 yards (and 0 INTs) despite not throwing a pass over 21 yards. It was the opposite of careless throwing. They threw a bunch of short/medium passes and threw the ball under in order to gain yards. Anytime the Seahawks secondary gave the Chargers receivers a cushion, they exploited it. If anything, it was a very precise passing game that gave the Seahawks defense so much trouble. An emphasis on quicker throws so the QB can't get sacked and precision passing so that crazy secondary couldn't get any INTs was their game plan. I didn't watch the Cowboys game, so I have no idea what they did.

Forgive me, I didn't mean careless as in every, most, or even a lot of throws were Brett Favre like miracle attempts. I meant to say the extreme careful nature that the BRoncos showed, and the Packers is what did them in, so I'm just using the opposite of careful. Yes the quick short throws in space helped, although Denver did the same to no avail in both games against these Seahawks, and it worked for SD and not for Denver for a very simple reason in my opinion. Rivers and Romo forced the Seattle DBs to give cushions because of how they would force a handful of throws right into the gut of the secondary. Peyton didn't want to make mistakes early in that game, and of course the receivers not wanting to get hit also helped a lot. Rivers had a few key throws that most teams are afraid to make against Seattle. It made a difference.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 06:53:08 PM »

I say something similar about Brady and I'm a hater and an idiot.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 07:19:20 PM »
what a bad ass game, only true Cowboy fans knew we could pull this one off as long as Romo stayed on point... i won a shitload of money from this game
The West is Back

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »
The West is Back

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 09:04:59 PM »
i think the Seahawks better beat the Eagles or they might find themselves on the outside of the playoffs

Cardinals, 49ers, Cowgirls, Eagles and Seahawks

only 4 of them can make it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »

I say something similar about Brady and I'm a hater and an idiot.

Yeah, except I'm saying Sherman is still a strong option to have but heavily benefitted as a corner last year from an elite pass rush and you say Brady is the last reason the Patriots ever came close to winning three Superbowls and almost went undefeated...including the punter.

I say Sherman is overrated but still great for the day and age of cornerbacks...but overrated and you say Brady is Brad Johnson with longevity. So close...but not really lol.