Author Topic: Russell Wilson isn't "black enough" for Percy Harvin?  (Read 219 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Russell Wilson isn't "black enough" for Percy Harvin?
« on: October 22, 2014, 04:59:59 PM »
Did race divide around Russell Wilson play into Percy Harvin trade?

By Zach BrazillerOctober 22, 2014 | 2:23pm

Did race divide around Russell Wilson play into Percy Harvin trade?

There are several theories behind the stunning trade of Percy Harvin to the Jets.

One new one is his relationship — or in this case, lack thereof — with quarterback Russell Wilson. A story from Bleacher Report portrays a locker room increasingly divided over Wilson and raises the possibility of racial tension among the Seahawks.

The report, citing an anonymous player, said Harvin had “increasing animosity” toward Wilson and was leading a faction of the team that was beginning to dislike the young Super Bowl-winning quarterback.

The report, citing multiple interviews with Seahawks players, says some of the African-Americans on the team feel the multiracial Wilson “isn’t black enough.”

Furthermore, there is the belief within the Seahawks that Wilson isn’t accountable for his own mistakes, often blaming teammates for poor throws.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Russell Wilson isn't "black enough" for Percy Harvin?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »
I can believe that about Wilson blaming others. He's overrated as fuck. Then when he fucks up ESPN makes excuses up out the ass.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:25:08 PM »
If he's blaming others now with this 800 grande a year contract and they don't like him for it, wait until he gets his 15 to 20 mil a year deal and then see how much they start to hate him. I know its out of the question, but if they trade him right now they can get more for him than any other player in the league (except Luck or Rodgers), and really beef up that team with draft picks until the cows come home. The Seahawks could have beaten the Broncos last year with Colt McCoy as QB. Russel is a very good talent but not required for that team to win.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
I can believe that about Wilson blaming others. He's overrated as fuck. Then when he fucks up ESPN makes excuses up out the ass.

now we know why he got traded to a team with 2 black QB's

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 11:39:14 AM »
This all sounds like horseshit somebody made up.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 11:43:35 AM »

yeah, let's just trade Percy Harvin for no reason at all and get nothing in return

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »

yeah, let's just trade Percy Harvin for no reason at all and get nothing in return
No doubt the Seahawks were eager to get rid of Harvin for some reason, but this doesn't make any sense. The guys that won a Super Bowl with Wilson less than 9 months ago are all of a sudden going to hate him because he isn't "black enough"? They are all going to ignore his blossoming talent and championship he helped bring because he's mixed race? In what universe is this a logical theory?  He was a mixed race player last year and the year before. Why is it an issue now all of a sudden?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 04:16:21 PM »
he did have 3 big plays in the superbowl but i guess he's too much of a problem to keep for his salary

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 05:12:35 PM »
I'm not even saying he wasn't a distraction in the locker room (I have no idea if he was). But saying it's because he didn't think Russell Wilson was black enough sounds ridiculous. Maybe Harvin has secretly resented Russell's mixed race heritage or whatever for some time (everyone has some weird hangup), but to suggest a group of teammates felt the same way after they just won a Super Bowl is crazy.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:58 PM »
To a guy like Marshawn or Percy, Russell is no doubt a House Negro.

Marshawn c'mon blood get with Oakland and be back on the soil where you belong.

Remedy360

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 11:20:32 PM »

Lol you're sounding salty over Russell Wilson. I'm not saying the guy is the best QB in the league, but he's clearly legit and is only going to get better, if you can't see that then I don't really know what to tell you..

Remedy360

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:29:50 PM »
To a guy like Marshawn or Percy, Russell is no doubt a House Negro.

Marshawn c'mon blood get with Oakland and be back on the soil where you belong.

Ha, if someone actually looks at a guy as "not black enough" cause he's smart, articulate, dresses well, and isn't from the hood, there's good chance that person is a ghetto idiot. With all that said, I could kinda see something like that happening in a different position group, but to the QB? If you want your QB to be "just one of the guys" and not do anything differently then you can go play with someone like Mike Vick who admitted he didn't watch any film for most of his career. Anyways, the dude who issued the report talked about how dumb the argument was and how it wasn't representative of the majority.