Author Topic: Newer West Coast artists  (Read 937 times)

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
Newer West Coast artists
« on: November 10, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »
I've noticed the lack of discussion of newer rappers from LA/westcoast. I dont see anything about Skeme, Shawn Chrystopher, Odd Future, YG, Casey Veggies, Dom Kennedy etc. Theyre dropping some hot shit and getting recognition nation/worldwide, except for dubcc and why is that? Why does everyone want to still hang onto some old washed up shit and creating false hope that your favorite artist will drop something equivalent to something from when they were in their prime? Its like a crackhead who cant put down the rock, still smoking hoping to feel that high he felt when he first got high. These new rappers are repping LA to the fullest but yall aint give them no love. Why is that though? Can someone please explain this logic.

WestWestYA

Re: Newer West Coast artists
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 01:07:58 PM »
I've noticed the lack of discussion of newer rappers from LA/westcoast. I dont see anything about Skeme, Shawn Chrystopher, Odd Future, YG, Casey Veggies, Dom Kennedy etc. Theyre dropping some hot shit and getting recognition nation/worldwide, except for dubcc and why is that? Why does everyone want to still hang onto some old washed up shit and creating false hope that your favorite artist will drop something equivalent to something from when they were in their prime? Its like a crackhead who cant put down the rock, still smoking hoping to feel that high he felt when he first got high. These new rappers are repping LA to the fullest but yall aint give them no love. Why is that though? Can someone please explain this logic.
Because nostalgia and most listeners grew up on that "old" music and sometimes it's hard to give props to kids as old heads. because you always look up to OG's and not kids. EVERYBODY HAS THERE OWN GENERATION. And if u can't except that than don't get jealous or butthurt.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
I've made threads for Skeme whenever he drops a new track and they always end up buried  :-\

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 01:27:46 PM »
I've made threads for Skeme whenever he drops a new track and they always end up buried  :-\

damn shame smh dude is a beast

Because nostalgia and most listeners grew up on that "old" music and sometimes it's hard to give props to kids as old heads. because you always look up to OG's and not kids. EVERYBODY HAS THERE OWN GENERATION. And if u can't except that than don't get jealous or butthurt.

thats the lamest explanation ive heard. kendrick had mc eiht on his album, dj quik had dom kennedy on his album, snoop had problem and nipsey hussle on his album so "OGs" are giving props to the new generation of west coast rappers so wtf are you talking about "its hard to give props??" youre being narrow minded and ignorant. im actually from LA and grew up listening to the same shit too but i grew up and decided hey let me expand my horizons and see what else is out there instead of being a closeted mind.

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 01:42:38 PM »

i've made threads about Casey Veggies and Dom Kennedy in the past. I made a discussion thread about IamSu's album and no response, I created a thread about Jhene Aiko's latest album and barely got any response, lol. just this week I made a thread about Yowda being signed to MMG and I got like 0 response lol (it's all good i'm used to making threads that bomb lol). YG's album has been discussed at length though, and there was a thread for DJ Mustard's album. I check Shawn Chrystopher, Polyester the Saint, Jay305 whenever they drop something

the same old "washed up" comparison is silly though, the music that dropped in the 90's was definitely timeless and still needs to be discussed cause that's the principle of this forum and because unreleased shit from that era emerge regularly, that's what put it together and there's no reason to NOT discuss it because the coast is on the rise again (artistically), I think everything can and needs to be discussed, even what you consider washed up rappers.

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »
thats what i mean though, you get minimal responses about these new guys when who knows where their career might lead to, might lead to something big or might lead to become the next jayo felony or something. its all about the westcoast though or else this place should be called 90sdubcc. i love seeing these new cats on the rise and showing everyone that the west aint dead. plus they put out some fucking bangers that make me go woah

WestWestYA

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 04:18:46 PM »
thats what i mean though, you get minimal responses about these new guys when who knows where their career might lead to, might lead to something big or might lead to become the next jayo felony or something. its all about the westcoast though or else this place should be called 90sdubcc. i love seeing these new cats on the rise and showing everyone that the west aint dead. plus they put out some fucking bangers that make me go woah
The only NEW artist i cared about was Bangloose & his career died, because nobody supports new rappers. so i said fuck it. Plus these new rappers will never be on that legendary movement that the old rappers where, whether they from East,West,South,Midwest Coast. example from the east coast they will never be a b.i.g., nas, jigga, ll cool j, dmx, busta rhymes, rakim, epmd, Public Enemy,  Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, WuTang, Big L, Mobb Deep etc etc etc.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:29:12 PM by WestWestYA »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 04:27:34 PM »
the only new artist I fucks wit from the west is GQ
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 04:28:04 PM »
The only NEW artist i cared about was Bangloose & his career died, because nobody supports new rappers. so i said fuck it. Plus these new rappers will never be on that legendary movement that the old rappers where, whether they from East,West,South,Midwest Coast. example they will never be a b.i.g., nas, jigga, ll cool j, dmx, busta rhymes, rakim, epmd etc etc etc.

Fredde Gibbs and Big K.R.I.T. are the closest we'll ever get

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »
The only NEW artist i cared about was Bangloose & his career died, because nobody supports new rappers. so i said fuck it. Plus these new rappers will never be on that legendary movement that the old rappers where, whether they from East,West,South,Midwest Coast. example they will never be a b.i.g., nas, jigga, ll cool j, dmx, busta rhymes, rakim, epmd etc etc etc.

Fredde Gibbs and Big K.R.I.T. are the closest we'll ever get
plus the artists on jamla.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

S.J

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »
I listened to Skeme - Ingleworld as a result of this thread, pretty dope album.

Theres some good newer rappers like 100s, Dizzy Wright, Oso Ocean, Joe Blow
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »

I listen to 100s & Joe Blow!

100s - Ten Freaky Hoes

Joe Blow - True Story Ft. Street Knowledge & D La
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

check out skeme's first album, alive and living, that shit bangs and better than ingleworld IMO.

MR_JV

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 05:47:09 AM »
Are there any other forums/websites  that do support the newer artists?

Blunt Tyme Da Gawd

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 08:34:33 AM »
^no, you have to find that shit on your own. thats what i did.