Author Topic: If Lakers played in the east, we'd be a top tier playoff team....  (Read 1058 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: If Lakers played in the east, we'd be a top tier playoff team....
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 11:48:44 AM »
Petros and Money was on nation wide for YEARS and that run ended in 2014 when they were turned into the am 570 flagship show (replacing loose cannons)

espn doesn't talk new york, they talk popular.  i.e. the cavs, the SEC, kentucky basketball, the patriots and cowgirls etc

No, I'd say ESPN radio is fairly east coast bias.

In MN, they use to have a Fox Sports radio station, all their national programs and I loved it as it was the Loose Cannons and even Petros. But they took that off the air. Now they just have the local Fox Sports guys that's all MN. And since it's the Vikings flagship now, it's basically a Vikings love fest. Our ESPN radio is pretty east coast, but they do have a couple of local shows and it's all MN Timberwolves, since that's their flagship. But other than that it's all Yankees, Red Sox, Patriots, Giants when their hot. Meh. Now we have CBS radio, and it's cool, they got Jim Rome. But I miss Fox Sports, and I hate all things Fox. Lately I've just been listening to my phone with radio apps. Though this week it's pretty Bay Area heavy to get my Raiders news, as lots of rumors of moving to LA and Jim Harbaugh coaching. Good thing about smartphones, I'm not limited to what I listen to.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 01:10:37 PM »
THEY TOOK JIM ROME OFF 570AM AND NOW LA ONLY GETS HIM THROUGH A WEAK SIGNAL SAN DIEGO FEED ON 1090AM, WHICH I BELIEVE IS AN ESPN STATION

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
THEY TOOK JIM ROME OFF 570AM AND NOW LA ONLY GETS HIM THROUGH A WEAK SIGNAL SAN DIEGO FEED ON 1090AM, WHICH I BELIEVE IS AN ESPN STATION

Rome is on CBS Sports Radio now, he left Fox and went to CBS with 10% of the audience lol

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »
SO 1090 IS A CBS STATION AND ONLY AN ESPN AFFILIATE? JIM ROME GOT DONE DIRTY

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »
he took the $$$$

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2014, 01:44:00 PM »

I guess technically 1090 is a CBS station. But it actually is from Mexico, so who knows what the hell is going on. Being it Mexico, it could be a bootleg station... LOL... But I looked online and it looks like Rome is on 980AM now. That's the CBS station.

As for Rome in MN, our CBS station is an FM station, and it's a very strong signal, so at least this market has a strong CBS presents. I just miss having Fox Sports. It was glorious. But it's all local now, which before the company that owned the Fox signal had two AM stations, one national and one local, but when they signed with the Vikings I guess part of the agreement was to be on FM radio, so they combined the stations and put everything on FM, so the morning, late morning, lunch and traffic time shows are all local, and then Fox after 6pm. Blah...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »
Fox is the best but they used to be better a few years ag

Jay Mohr, Steve Gorman and JT The Brick still hold it down and Ben Maller at night  8)

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:13 PM »

I guess technically 1090 is a CBS station. But it actually is from Mexico, so who knows what the hell is going on. Being it Mexico, it could be a bootleg station... LOL... But I looked online and it looks like Rome is on 980AM now. That's the CBS station.

As for Rome in MN, our CBS station is an FM station, and it's a very strong signal, so at least this market has a strong CBS presents. I just miss having Fox Sports. It was glorious. But it's all local now, which before the company that owned the Fox signal had two AM stations, one national and one local, but when they signed with the Vikings I guess part of the agreement was to be on FM radio, so they combined the stations and put everything on FM, so the morning, late morning, lunch and traffic time shows are all local, and then Fox after 6pm. Blah...

rome is on 980am in LA? never knew that

1090 is a san diego station, covers chargers, padres, etc, but we get it in LA too......didnt know it was actually stationed in mexico tho LOL

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:48 PM »
Fox is the best but they used to be better a few years ag

Jay Mohr, Steve Gorman and JT The Brick still hold it down and Ben Maller at night  8)

best show is max+marcellus, and theyre hip-hop heads too, so they talk a lota classic rap

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2014, 03:05:48 PM »
max always used to talk about wu tang on Around the Horn before Ratboy replaced him as host