Author Topic: "Terrace Martin was the secret weapon" (Jeezy, YG)  (Read 202 times)

MOBNigga06

"Terrace Martin was the secret weapon" (Jeezy, YG)
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:34:38 PM »
Jeezy talks in this interview about the recording of YG's album in Atlanta. He talks about being the A&R for the album and bringing in TERRACE MARTIN as the secret weapon that improved the album sonically. He also compares Terrace to Dr. Dre. Peep it from about the 10:45 mark.

"At the end, we called in the special weapon, Terrace Martin…we had him come in and play over a couple records to make em bigger and that was like the icing on the cake….He got some Dr. Dre shit going on, he's for real, ya heard me"

Dope to see one of the best West Coast producers getting recognized in mainstream rap. I hope Terrace is getting paid well for his contributions to music.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: "Terrace Martin was the secret weapon" (Jeezy, YG)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:42:04 PM »
Best believe he does!

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »
yeah he's all over the album and i think he's responsible for some of the production sounding so fresh. the song he produced, "sorry momma" is probably my favourite off the album.

i haven't bought 10 Summers (I should do it soon), but I'm thinking Mustard used Martin on a few songs too. I'm pretty sure the Ty Dolla $ign is produced by Terrace Martin

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zRr44QZdnv4" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zRr44QZdnv4</a>

I really hope they recorded a full song for this and they'll release it one day, unlike these dope ass interludes on Half Dead's albums which we were never able to hear. They did it for the Tinashe interlude.

props for the interview
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:16:40 PM by bouli77 »

MOBNigga06

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:15:58 PM »
I'm a huge Terrace fan, so I recognize his sounds all over DJ Mustard's music.

For example, I was just listening to Wiz Khalifa - You and Your Friends (f/ Ty Dolla Sign & Snoop), and it's really obvious that Terrace added his sounds to the track. There's some vocoder ad-libs that are clearly from Terrace.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.