Author Topic: Anybody else a fan of Dre's World Class Wreckin Cru material?  (Read 628 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Anybody else a fan of Dre's World Class Wreckin Cru material?
« on: February 27, 2015, 12:22:12 AM »
I've gone back and listened to it some more with all the hype surroundin St8 outta compton, and his wrecking cru shit is dope.... I've been bumpin it more and more.

I've been listening to Yella interviews tellin stories how they used to do Kday shows and Kday mixes and the spot they used to DJ at, acts like Rundmc would come through and Dre and Yella were like... "shit we can do that".... I mean Dre is a walking, breathing history of hiphop from its early disco-like sound like what you heard with sugar hill gang and his wreckin cru shit also has a techno like sound and you hear the roots of R&B and future sounds Dre would bring with Michelle at NWA... Dre was also kickin a lot of rhymes with the wreckin cru, he's always been so grossly under-rated on the mic, he's a top 10 rapper for sure, never spit a wack verse in his life
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

Re: Anybody else a fan of Dre's World Class Wreckin Cru material?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 01:50:47 AM »
this shit slap

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ</a>

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:49:02 AM »
housecalls

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 07:15:04 AM »
this shit slap

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-BCAneSh1nQ</a>

Along with biting Pac's style and image, P also jacked Dre's sound for one of his first breakthrough singles "Ice Cream Man"... I hope Dre got compensated for that shit

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 07:48:23 AM »
he's always been so grossly under-rated on the mic, he's a top 10 rapper for sure, never spit a wack verse in his life

LOL

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 08:31:28 AM »
Was like 'ok' ..til the last bit lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  so true

top 10 rapper LMAO

Dre isn't a top 100 rapper despite the help of the Chronic and the 2nd NWA album

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
I can think of so many garbage Dre lines, can't forget the classic "slip if I'm slippin'" and "I use Colegate so no cavity in my grill" lines for starters

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »
I can think of so many garbage Dre lines, can't forget the classic "slip if I'm slippin'" and "I use Colegate so no cavity in my grill" lines for starters

#BARS

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 04:31:16 PM »

you remember those cavity creep commercials??

lol  it's still a lame line but at least it makes sense

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »
they always play that song the master p song is from on this old schoo. radio station here, never knew it was world class wreckin cru

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

CORREA

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »
he's a top 10 rapper for sure, never spit a wack verse in his life

nobody is going back to listen that old ass shit
even back then he prob had ghostwriters
top 10 MY ASS

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 12:56:19 AM »

Those two tracks were lyrical masterpieces.... Really... you are that stupid that you are gonna use a line from possibly the most critically acclaimed rap song of all-time "Nuthin But A G Thang" to try to prove Dre can't hold down the mic... your trippin....  and then "Keep The Heads Ringin" he came with yet another new style behind the mic we hadn't heard from him before, he had some ill ass metaphors on that track.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:30:10 AM by Resident of 1996 »

bouli77

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 02:24:06 AM »

Those two tracks were lyrical masterpieces.... Nobody can fade Dre on the mic... he spit fire on "Let Me Ride" and then "Keep The Heads Ringin" he came with yet another new style behind the mic we hadn't heard from him before, he had some ill ass metaphors on that track, those are Dre's two best solo joints.

lyrical masterpiece, yeah, and then you bash bay area rappers (which you have not listened to) for lacking lyrical content ? lol...

Let Me Ride's lyrics were alright (written by Snoop & RBX), Keep Their Heads Ringin's lyrics were embarassing. these are very simple and corny metaphors.

Dre doesn't have the catalogue (very few verses recorded after all) to claim a spot in any Top as an MC (except in your fantasy land since you only listen to 12 different rappers). I give him props for staying on beat most of the time but either ay he shouldn't receive the greater share of the credit for the shit he's spitting as it's dictated by his ghostwriters' reference verse.

smp4life

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 05:12:19 AM »
Don't forget Cabbage Patch

Blood$

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 07:58:26 AM »

Those two tracks were lyrical masterpieces.... Nobody can fade Dre on the mic... he spit fire on "Let Me Ride" and then "Keep The Heads Ringin" he came with yet another new style behind the mic we hadn't heard from him before, he had some ill ass metaphors on that track, those are Dre's two best solo joints.

that other line was from "Nothin' But A G Thang" not "Let Me Ride"

you have failed as a Dr. Dre stan and as a Death Row fanboy
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 08:00:04 AM by Blood$ »