Author Topic: Rap is the tool to suppress the Consciousness of Negro Americans  (Read 686 times)

Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D

• Muthafuckin' Don!
and if I'm lyin, I'm flyin

BIGTIMELA

Re: Rap is the tool to suppress the Consciousness of Negro Americans
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »
Mainstream rap is a tool to suppress the conscious blacks. But there is also hip hop that empowers black people. Even back to the beginning with like the last poets.

Will_B

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 05:47:57 PM »
Mainstream rap is a tool to suppress the conscious blacks. But there is also hip hop that empowers black people. Even back to the beginning with like the last poets.

I tried to explain this to him but the guys an idiot lol

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 07:10:56 PM »
The only idiot here is you Correa.

I'm aware of the Last Poets and have been since the 90s but unfortunately many many generations are not but that's a completely different discussion.

Mainstream Rap is actually more Positive than most things not.  The worst thing about Mainstream Rap is the corny music and the Egocentric Essence of it.  

But in order to know that you would actually have to know what the Clear Channel Top 50 is but obviously none of you do which is why you made that comment in the first place.  That's not to say people don't use those mediums as sources of entertainment but you're over-inflating it's popularity in everyday life.  There's probably alot of people who haven't bothered to turn on the radio in years

You're also legally blind if you really think folks (of all ages) listen to Radio like that, let alone sit around watching Videos online and on T.V. all day.  That's actually a pretty ignorant statement in 2015
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:13:52 PM by Free Suge Knight, Gucci Mane, & BShmurda Welcome Home Tray D »

Jack Trippa 3z company ho

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:26:14 AM »
You are correct, at least for the mainstream.

Alicia Keys talked about it and got in big ass trouble and then went back and recanted her statement.

Mainstream rap is really nothing but popping molly, drank, weed, spending your money to go to the club instead of paying for rent, and fucking as many people as possible.

And people emulate it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 07:42:08 AM »
Alicia Keys is lightweight anyway.  She doesn't hold any real water in the game; her and Swiss. 

And speaking of Swiss, unless he brings the Digital Game to the very Bottoms of the Trap his shit is irrelevant.

But I commend them for their work over in the East.  More people should be doing that, including people over there in the East

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 02:05:35 PM »
You are correct, at least for the mainstream.

Alicia Keys talked about it and got in big ass trouble and then went back and recanted her statement.

Mainstream rap is really nothing but popping molly, drank, weed, spending your money to go to the club instead of paying for rent, and fucking as many people as possible.

And people emulate it.

i fully agree, kinda sad really

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 05:26:04 PM »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 05:40:22 PM »
Yeah I do have to say that the Mainstream is just as bad as everything not in it's loop.  

On one side it's not as vulgar but on the other side it completely lacks nutrition therefore making it just as bad.

Tru dat.  But you have to realize that "the underground" is way more explicit.  No side of Hip Hop is really safe except for a few artists/rappers here and there.

If a Nigger is saying "Nigga" in his Raps it really doesn't make it anymore better than a French Montana record

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »
Yeah I do have to say that the Mainstream is just as bad as everything not in it's loop.  

On one side it's not as vulgar but on the other side it completely lacks nutrition therefore making it just as bad.

Tru dat.  But you have to realize that "the underground" is way more explicit.  No side of Hip Hop is really safe except for a few artists/rappers here and there.

If a Nigger is saying "Nigga" in his Raps it really doesn't make it anymore better than a French Montana record
it doesn't make it better but I'm sure that every underground artist is more articulate and wouldn't use the word in the context that french montana may or may not.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 05:55:02 PM »

it doesn't make it better but I'm sure that every underground artist is more articulate and wouldn't use the word in the context that french montana may or may not.

That's an assumption.  Regardless of how it's used it's still just as bad.  If you honestly believe/know that words have power (just like I do) then you'd agree that the word casts a spell on one's mind

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »

That's an assumption.  Regardless of how it's used it's still just as bad.  If you honestly believe/know that words have power (just like I do) then you'd agree that the word casts a spell on one's mind
sure words do have power but the underground artists aren't pushin' the coonery that french montana is.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »
There's no way a 14 year old regardless of ethnicity should be saying it, let alone know it's a word.

Fuck your life story, nobody should be using it.  It shouldn't be part of anyone's normal vocabulary

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 06:02:30 PM »
There's no way a 14 year old regardless of ethnicity should be saying it, let alone know it's a word.

Fuck your life story, nobody should be using it.  It shouldn't be part of anyone's normal vocabulary

even if no rappers said the word any more, what about the niggas in the streets ? their still gonna use it. do you still use the word ?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 06:02:55 PM »

sure words do have power but the underground artists aren't pushin' the coonery that french montana is.

Yeah they do.  You can't say becuz you know of 30 EmCees who have a more positive perspective in their music that all of a sudden that's supposed to negate the 10,000,900 others who don't or have that smooth balance between the two sides.  That's ignorant