Author Topic: French Montana Affiliate Chinx Shot & Killed in New York  (Read 447 times)

CORREA

French Montana Affiliate Chinx Shot & Killed in New York
« on: May 17, 2015, 10:27:46 PM »
I was actually having a great weekend thus far, hanging with longtime friends and enjoying and sharing positive energy. Then I wake up this morning and I see this.

Reports have come in, and would eventually be confirmed by his management, that Coke Boys affiliate and longtime friend of French Montana, Chinx, was shot and killed in Queens, NY at about 4 this morning (May 17th).

Police have reported that Chinx (née Lionel Pickens) - who was with an unnamed passenger - were driving through Queens, NY late last night, when a second car pulled up beside them and opened fired at their car, letting off multiple rounds and striking both Chinx and the passenger. Both were quickly rushed to a nearby hospital, where Chinx would tragically be pronounced dead. The second passenger, who sustained multiple gunshot wounds to the back, remains in critical condition.

Chinx' management, The Legion Media Group and 4 Kings Management, released an official statement earlier today:

It is with a heavy heart that The Legion Media Group and 4 Kings Management announce the passing of Lionel 'Chinx' Pickens this morning. He was 31.

"Chinx’s dedication, humor and vision will always be remembered. Chinx was one of the most talented, professional, and determined rappers this industry had to offer," said publicist Chanel Rae. "Further more, he was a friend."

While I can't say I knew Chinx that well, he had a plethora of bangers (from my personal favorite "I'm A Coke Boy" and its accompanying remix, to his recent jams "Feelings" and "Dope House") that gets multiple spins through my headphones. This is just a sad thing all around, and he is just the latest in the never-ending line of talented musicians to meet an untimely way-too-soon end. I give my condolences to Chinx' entire family and friends.

Lucifuge

Re: French Montana Affiliate Chinx Shot & Killed in New York
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 03:03:42 AM »
RIP king! Chinx was dope. Had a couple bangers! It's sad. Music is forever!
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »
R.I.P... I've been saying since day one that he was the best in Coke Boys and definitely light years ahead of French, so sad to see him go just as he was really starting to bubble up

was also set to interview this dude back in November, we showed up to the club where he was performing but his manager dicked us around so it didn't happen

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:39:01 PM »
Max B cracks me up. Talking about setting the people back 30 years, nigga you had no business trying to pull some mob style maneuver, you're not cut out for it.

CORREA

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 03:44:54 PM »
he will be forgotten in 2 months

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:38:03 PM »

if anything he'll be more known

CORREA

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 12:19:24 AM »

lol what has he done  ::)
sorry but he was a nobody in music other rappers will make tributes here and there just cause the moment and then its over

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 08:01:16 AM »

lol what has he done  ::)
sorry but he was a nobody in music other rappers will make tributes here and there just cause the moment and then its over

you're not out there in the real world enough to know but Chinx has had at least one buzz worthy single every year since 2012 and his tapes always make noise on the East coast and not to mention he's been known in the mixtape/DVD scene since the early 2000s with Stack Bundles (whom I'm going to assume you have no idea who that is)

"Flexin' Hard", "I'm A Coke Boy" + the remix, "Feelings", "Couple Niggas" + the remix, "Dope House" all got heavy radio/club play, but like I said you wouldn't know this if you're just always on the internet... and if he was such a nobody why did Nas and Jay-Z both co-sign him, amongst many others?  
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:03:20 AM by Blood$ »

CORREA

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 01:24:19 AM »

Chinx has had at least one buzz worthy single every year since 2012   

ur reaching too high especially with how the attention span is these days one "hot song" isnt going to cut it today especially from one part of the country

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 08:35:39 AM »

ur reaching too high especially with how the attention span is these days one "hot song" isnt going to cut it today especially from one part of the country

then Post Malone will never have a career  ;D

CORREA

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »

then Post Malone will never have a career  ;D

hes new and alive ;)

Lucifuge

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 11:56:33 PM »
Damn. Yall sleep on Chinx. 8)
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Blood$

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 07:48:53 AM »

been telling dudes since 2011

CORREA

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »

im from ny and i could give a fuck bout French Montana and his wack ass crew