Author Topic: MC Ren Blasts N.W.A "Straight Outta Compton" Movie Promotion  (Read 1939 times)

Blood$

Re: MC Ren Blasts N.W.A "Straight Outta Compton" Movie Promotion
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 10:18:33 AM »
lmao at Ren being so pissy over a TRAILER he should be at least thankful a movie on NWA was even made for theaters to begin with and that his character is a major role

Regular public don't wanna see an NWA movie because of Ren. He should be glad they do a good job at promotin' a movie that he will be a part of and gets royalties for.

Dont nobody know who mc ren is anyway. When people think of NWA they think of eazy e,dr dre & ice cube. Ren bitching about not being in a trailer is petty. He is in the movie so thats all that count.

bingo... thread over

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 11:20:58 AM »
I WANT TO HEAR FROM ARABIAN PRINCE

WestWestYA

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »
Poor Ren

S.J

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2015, 12:00:08 PM »
MC Ren was an important part of the group and maybe the best mc in nwa...if he'll only be like a sidekick in the movie, then i'm really pissed!
and to the guy that said nobody would know who he is: you must be out your fucking mind! everybody that knows a little bit about hiphop know who mc ren is lol

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

MC Ren was the best rapper in the group after Ice Cube and Cube left the group after Straight Outta Compton. MC Ren basically carried NWA on efil4zaggin plus he wrote rhymes for Eazy-E and Dr. Dre, he was a major part of the group. The fact that Dr Dre, Ice Cube and Eazy E are better known by people doesnt make MC Ren less important to the group. Its a shame to see these kind of ignorant comments on a westcoast forum.
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

BIGWORM

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 12:10:33 PM »
M.C. Ren shouldn't start talking shit already. He should sit back and enjoy yhe ride. He may be fucking up his chances for future appearances/interviews to promote him self through this movie to let the younger people know who he is....

M.C. Ren is  NWA more than every other member besides Eazy. If you grew up listening to NWA you know what he is. He's the only one that never chsnged his style and kept tge NWA hardcore sound for hid solo's. He was my Favourite member str8 up...

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 01:02:46 PM »
mc ren is more NWA than ice cube, considering he stayed wit the group till the very end

dj coma

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »
lmao at Ren being so pissy over a TRAILER he should be at least thankful a movie on NWA was even made for theaters to begin with and that his character is a major role

Regular public don't wanna see an NWA movie because of Ren. He should be glad they do a good job at promotin' a movie that he will be a part of and gets royalties for.

Dont nobody know who mc ren is anyway. When people think of NWA they think of eazy e,dr dre & ice cube. Ren bitching about not being in a trailer is petty. He is in the movie so thats all that count.

bingo... thread over

Agreed. It's not like they rewrote history and left him out of NWA in the movie, he's just not in the trailer for obvious reasons. With an attitude like that I can see why he was pretty much a nobody to rap music after NWA.

CORREA

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 02:55:18 PM »
ren is a retard this movie will make him relevant again since nwa even tho after his 15 mins of fame hell be irrelevant again  :D

Desert Lord

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2015, 03:04:18 AM »
MC Ren was an important part of the group and maybe the best mc in nwa...if he'll only be like a sidekick in the movie, then i'm really pissed!
and to the guy that said nobody would know who he is: you must be out your fucking mind! everybody that knows a little bit about hiphop know who mc ren is lol

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

lol if you think record sales makes a good or a bad artist then there is no sense tryin' to argue with you

Desert Lord

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2015, 03:10:17 AM »

MC Ren was the best rapper in the group after Ice Cube and Cube left the group after Straight Outta Compton. MC Ren basically carried NWA on efil4zaggin plus he wrote rhymes for Eazy-E and Dr. Dre, he was a major part of the group. The fact that Dr Dre, Ice Cube and Eazy E are better known by people doesnt make MC Ren less important to the group. Its a shame to see these kind of ignorant comments on a westcoast forum.

agreed! but then again that's typical rap-fan aditude. most hiphop fans are opportunists..

i also agree that ren shouldn't start a fight about this tho, that would be a dumb move...but then again i can understand why he's pissed. everybody should be in the trailer. if some people don't know them they'll get to know them. not so sure about arabian prince tho, because he wasn't really a "core member". he was just in the group for a few songs i think

jaytee

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 05:23:29 AM »
M.C. Ren shouldn't start talking shit already. He should sit back and enjoy yhe ride. He may be fucking up his chances for future appearances/interviews to promote him self through this movie to let the younger people know who he is......

That's kind of how I see it.  People that grew up with NWA already know what it is.  There's a lot of new listeners/fans that he can gain from the film.  People that see this movie are likely going to go through the NWA members' catalogs.  Even if he isn't portrayed as much as he should/could be on screen, there's no denying his presence if you go back and listen to the albums and read up on the history.

He has more to gain than lose imo.

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44:34 AM »
Ren about to have one of his solos come back from OOP status after this movie drops lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »
If I was Ren, I'd be mad too. He basically wrote all of Efil4zaggin and carried the group after Cube left. Although I wouldn't go public with my anger. I'd call Cube and let him know, hey man, I wasn't in the trailer, that's fucked up man. Cube would make a call to the studio and the second trailer I'd expect to see Ren in there.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 10:39:19 AM »
arabian prince should be mad as hell. he deserved better.

did dr dre produce egyptian lover? that was one of my first album i ever had. if so i was jamming to dre in the 80s as a kid without even realizing it

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 10:40:21 AM »
Ren about to have one of his solos come back from OOP status after this movie drops lol

final frontier was the shit. they played that shit non stop on detroit radio the summer that dropped.