Author Topic: MC Ren Blasts N.W.A "Straight Outta Compton" Movie Promotion  (Read 1953 times)

Sccit

Re: MC Ren Blasts N.W.A "Straight Outta Compton" Movie Promotion
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 11:29:54 AM »
it's not just that he wasnt shown in the trailer, but the trailer names the group members in bold...it says "eazy-e.......dr. dre......ice cube", then cuts to credits. shits fucked lol.

CORREA

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
MC Ren was an important part of the group and maybe the best mc in nwa...if he'll only be like a sidekick in the movie, then i'm really pissed!
and to the guy that said nobody would know who he is: you must be out your fucking mind! everybody that knows a little bit about hiphop know who mc ren is lol

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

lol if you think record sales makes a good or a bad artist then there is no sense tryin' to argue with you

true i agree with your statement but record sales also show if people give a fuck about you or not ;)

EAZY-LI

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 01:58:27 PM »
MC Ren was an important part of the group and maybe the best mc in nwa...if he'll only be like a sidekick in the movie, then i'm really pissed!
and to the guy that said nobody would know who he is: you must be out your fucking mind! everybody that knows a little bit about hiphop know who mc ren is lol

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

lol if you think record sales makes a good or a bad artist then there is no sense tryin' to argue with you

true i agree with your statement but record sales also show if people give a fuck about you or not ;)

shock of the hour was number 1 on the RnB bill bored charts for a short while. it went gold and kizz my black azz went platinum.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:02:20 PM by EAZY-LI »
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 02:16:01 PM »

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

shock of the hour was number 1 on the RnB bill bored charts for a short while. it went gold and kizz my black azz went platinum.

seriously? thats pretty damn good

EAZY-LI

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »

Kizz My Black Azz   
Released: June 30, 1992
Label: Ruthless, Priority
Format: CD, LP
U.S chart 12 U.S RnB 10   
US: 1,416,000
RIAA: Platinum

Shock of the Hour   
Released: November 16, 1993
Label: Ruthless, Relativity
U.S chart 22 U.S RnB 1   
US: 480,000
RIAA: Gold
And Roll With God....

1964-1995

Blood$

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 02:42:36 PM »
it's not just that he wasnt shown in the trailer, but the trailer names the group members in bold...it says "eazy-e.......dr. dre......ice cube", then cuts to credits. shits fucked lol.

it's hollywood lol

Ren has every right to be mad but the way he's putting them on blast is just not smart for future potential endeavors... he should just charge it to the game and keep it moving, of course the three biggest names are gonna be highlighted but the real people going to pay to see the movie will know where Ren stands with the group

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »
Ren about to have one of his solos come back from OOP status after this movie drops lol

final frontier was the shit. they played that shit non stop on detroit radio the summer that dropped.

pretty much all of his solos were solid except for that one a few years back that sounded like it was recorded in a bathroom lol

"Voyage To Compton" is a GOAT burn cruising song

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »
the trailer made it look like nwa was eazy-e, dr. dre, and ice cube....not sayin he should be burnin bridges, but make a few calls n get it cleared up.

CORREA

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2015, 02:58:07 PM »

Kizz My Black Azz   
U.S chart 12 U.S RnB 10   

Shock of the Hour   
U.S chart 22 U.S RnB 1   

um and after that?

CORREA

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2015, 03:01:13 PM »
the trailer made it look like nwa was eazy-e, dr. dre, and ice cube....not sayin he should be burnin bridges, but make a few calls n get it cleared up.

well it was a business move they trying to sell the movie what sense would it make to put a nobody on there eazy-e, dr. dre, and ice cube that who most knew and i say knew
cause today cube would be the guy from the movies dre would be the guy selling headphones and eazy hes lucky if anyone knows who he was

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2015, 03:06:17 PM »

well it was a business move they trying to sell the movie what sense would it make to put a nobody on there eazy-e, dr. dre, and ice cube that who most knew and i say knew
cause today cube would be the guy from the movies dre would be the guy selling headphones and eazy hes lucky if anyone knows who he was

how does it hurt to add ren's name?

EAZY-LI

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2015, 03:11:28 PM »

LMAO that was a good joke. I know that you was obviously joking & it was a good joke. It made me laugh. We all know that  MC REN is garbage! If he was a good rapper then he would of  still had a rap career after NWA was over. He was nothing more than a side kick. Nobody know who ren is & dont nobody care who ren is. NWA is eazy e,dr dre & ice cube.

Kizz My Black Azz   
U.S chart 12 U.S RnB 10   

Shock of the Hour   
U.S chart 22 U.S RnB 1   

um and after that?

Eazy died  :( and Tomica wright took over and changed the whole staff he was lucky to not get dropped from the label
let alone have 2 more albums released villain in black sold 131,000 and came in at 7th in the RnB charts.
And Roll With God....

1964-1995

thegooddoc

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2015, 08:52:37 PM »
The purpose of the trailer is to get people interested in the movie.  I can see why Ren and Yella could be upset, but I can't blame the trailer for focusing on group members that the general public know.  Let's face it, Dre and Cube are still relevant and Eazy E is a legend.  As great as MC Ren was, he hasn't released an album that has made a splash in a long time.  One of the things I loved about Ren was his ability to kill it after Dre left.  Kiss My Black Azz was classic from start to finish without any big name production.  I think the problem was that Dre was a producer and able to sign new, younger artists and adapt as time went by.  Cube also signed younger rappers, who ended up writing for him and keeping his sound current.  Cube also made it big in movies, to the point a lot of youngsters don't even remember he was a rapper.   Ren signed CPO and helped him make a decent album, but he didn't keep current as well as the others. 

If I were Ren though, I don't think I would have made a big deal over a trailer.  As long as the movie depicts how important he was to the group and how much work he put in, he should be cool.  I guarantee that there will be thousands of people that never heard of Ren that will know who he is and if they go back and check the albums it could make him relevant again and kick start a comeback.  It would also be cool to hear Ren on some current Dre beats. 

smp4life

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2015, 10:40:59 AM »
Obviously the ren and yella stories aren't as dramatic from a hollywood perspective but why not add their names to the trailer? It does show the group, the five guys walking several times.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »
at first i was like nigga just be happy you gettin some shine again...but then i think back as a kid mc ren was very respected as a lyricist he was like the west coast chuck d before cube went solo. its kinda fucked up. he ghost wrote damn near everything e did after nwa disbanded didnt he?