Author Topic: DJ Quik- Compton The Real Soundtrack (OG)...IT'S CLASSIC (Powered by Beats By Q)  (Read 1490 times)

makaveliapostle

love the idea of this thread, theo.  i've listened to dre's new album and it's really not great....like, at all in my opinion.  it's definitely not the future of west coast music.  if anyone might be able to claim such a bold title, i believe it would belong to miguel.  reminds me of when quik shouted "doctor dre beats, the greatest headphones ever made!" during his recent h.o.b. performance on yahoo.  i just take it at face value.  there have been oceans of ink spilled about how aurally terrible beats headphones are....and quik is a brilliant engineer.  no way he actually thinks the sonics of those things are worth a shit.  i like to think quik's glowing endorsements of dre are more about the actual idea of doctor dre, his brand, how much money he's made, and what he means to popular culture at large.

....and if this is what dre fans have been waiting for, i feel disappointed for them.  i figured it wasn't going to be worth much of a listen, but was hoping to be proven wrong.  i wasn't.   :-\
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:34:48 AM by makaveliapostle »

Mr. Theo

love the idea of this thread, theo.  i've listened to dre's new album and it's really not great....like, at all in my opinion.  it's definitely not the future of west coast music.  if anyone might be able to claim such a bold title, i believe it would belong to miguel.  reminds me of when quik shouted "doctor dre beats, the greatest headphones ever made!" during his recent h.o.b. performance on yahoo.  i just take it at face value.  there have been oceans of ink spilled about how aurally terrible beats headphones are....and quik is a brilliant engineer.  no way he actually thinks the sonics of those things are worth a shit.  i like to think quik's glowing endorsements of dre are more about the actual idea of doctor dre, his brand, how much money he's made, and what he means to popular culture at large.

....and if this is what dre fans have been waiting for, i feel disappointed for them.  i figured it wasn't going to be worth much of a listen, but was hoping to be proven wrong.  i wasn't.   :-\

Dre have his spot in music history? Yes, but people paint him a god ( including Quik ) is too much . It's not necessary..

Dre got power in the industry ( Iovine ) and people are afraid to speak the truth.

A couple of years, C-Bo called Dre a vulture, and it's right.

DR DRE DIDN'T DISCOVERED the musicians that people think he found ( Snoop,Nate,DPG,50 Cent,Eminem,Game,Kendrick)

but he got the credit for it...

Everything related to Dre has to be questioned, his protegés, his beats, his lyrics and even the headphones..(you may remember in early 00's ..Warren G launched a brand of headphones...if I'm not mistaken with brand Pioneer..the headphones design contained an G,
of G-Funk..it's very similary with the B design of Beats By Dre headphones..)

My point of view, is:

I love Dr Dre music, but we will never know for sure..what he did for your brand and what he stole for your brand.

Dr Dre is the "LA" Diddy.

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Elko.

Yeah I gave Dr Dre's album 'Compton' a couple of listens. It's a solid album but at least with Midnight Life, you still FELT that you were listening to a West Coast album.

I wish Quik would've been on the album to bring some of that P-Fonk!

Also Dre vs Quik is NOTHING like Pac vs B.I.G in my opinion. Two different playing sports (production and MC'ing).

Morphine

• Muthafuckin' OG
Dre have his spot in music history? Yes, but people paint him a god ( including Quik ) is too much . It's not necessary..

Dre got power in the industry ( Iovine ) and people are afraid to speak the truth.

DR DRE DIDN'T DISCOVERED the musicians that people think he found ( Snoop,Nate,DPG,50 Cent,Eminem,Game,Kendrick)

Everything related to Dre has to be questioned, his protegés, his beats, his lyrics and even the headphones..(you may remember in early 00's ..Warren G launched a brand of headphones...if I'm not mistaken with brand Pioneer..the headphones design contained an G,

My point of view, is:

I love Dr Dre music, but we will never know for sure..what he did for your brand and what he stole for your brand.

the fuck you yappin bout again... Dre didn´t make Snoop famous? Wigga please, take the hater shades off and the Quik shaped bobblehead out of your ass.

Snoop, DPG, Eminem all have/had their mainstream careers because Dre took them on his records and you know this. They know it.
 Dude´s ear for mixing is great, even quik says this.  And why does Quik say that? Because he knows a good producer when he sees one.  Not because Dre has power in the industry.
He dissed Dre, then after working with him said the man is a genius.

Same goes for Dre´s ear for talent. I don´t like many of these new cats he put on his album but i can see why he put em there.
While you´re still acting like he took my lunch money and fucked your girl . Grow up a little, will ya.

i see you constantly go to Dre´s  Compton thread to complain about the amount of co-producers like Quik never used any. Rob Bacon and G1 shoulde get as much credit for Quik´s best material as the man himself.

And this is coming from a Quik fan. The Midnight Life was mostly skippable tracks.

You sound like a mad stalker kinda creep.

Mr. Theo

My point of view, is:

the fuck you yappin bout again... Dre didn´t make Snoop famous? Wigga please, take the hater shades off and the Quik shaped bobblehead out of your ass.

Snoop, DPG, Eminem all have/had their mainstream careers because Dre took them on his records and you know this. They know it.
 Dude´s ear for mixing is great, even quik says this.  And why does Quik say that? Because he knows a good producer when he sees one.  Not because Dre has power in the industry.
He dissed Dre, then after working with him said the man is a genius.

Same goes for Dre´s ear for talent. I don´t like many of these new cats he put on his album but i can see why he put em there.
While you´re still acting like he took my lunch money and fucked your girl . Grow up a little, will ya.

i see you constantly go to Dre´s  Compton thread to complain about the amount of co-producers like Quik never used any. Rob Bacon and G1 shoulde get as much credit for Quik´s best material as the man himself.

And this is coming from a Quik fan. The Midnight Life was mostly skippable tracks.

You sound like a mad stalker kinda creep.

if you like fraud..that's your problem

Dr Dre not discovered Snoop,DPG(Warren G),Eminem (Mr Porter) ,50 Cent(Jam Master Jay),The Game (JT ) and etc..

not invented the g-funk (Above The Law)

not invented gangsta rap (Eazy-e)

not the only 1580 OG KDAY MIxmaster ( Spade, Julio G, Tony G.)

and he takes credit for all it

a fuckin liar, a fraud..and a bitch! (not helped Snoop,Eazy-E when they had problems)

I'm with my man C-BO, Dr Dre a gay and fucking vulture.

PS: Do you like to offend people? You offended me without motive

go fuck yourself little boy, watch your mouth! stretch your ass with a bull stick

you a faggot, liar and insolent

I'm slapp you little bitch, fuck outta here
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:59:47 AM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Chef_YRD

To keep it about music The midnight life wasn't mostly skippable 16 tracks,2 intros/interludes so out of those 14 you have 2 tracks that I can see being skippable "shine" which I still skip and "trapped on the tracks" which actually grew on me ,minus the chorus that beat goes super hard especially in a system but I can see why it would be skipped

Pet semetary,life jacket,fuck all night,puffin the dragon,back that shit up,bacons groove,that getter,that niggers krazy,quiks groove,the conduct...I don't see a track that would be deemed anything less that great from a production or mixing standpoint

And live instrumentation in the case of Bacon is different than having a co-producer, G-1 yes but theres far more tracks he's produced alone than with him and its not like quik goes to just whoever to help him he stays true to himself and his art by utilizing the same people...dre is like a paint by the numbers artist he has more co-producers than not and I don't think has EVER written a full song by himself there's a huge reason that argument can be made

I can see where Theos coming from on the discovering talent tip...he did give them the exposure tho
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"