Author Topic: DJ Quik- Compton The Real Soundtrack (OG)...IT'S CLASSIC (Powered by Beats By Q)  (Read 1491 times)

Mr. Theo

TRACKLIST:

No.   Title   Writer(s)   Producer(s)   Length   
1.   "Quik Is The Name (Intro)"     David Blake   DJ Quik   0:35
2.   "Sweet Black Pussy"     Blake, Clarence Reid   DJ Quik   4:20
3.   "Tonite"     Blake, Charlotte Caffey, Peter Case, Jane Wiedlin   DJ Quik   5:23
4.   "Born and Raised In Compton"     Blake   DJ Quik   3:24
5.   "Loked Out Hood"     Blake   DJ Quik   2:50
6.   "Safe + Sound"     George Archie, Blake   DJ Quik, G-One (co.)   4:43
7.   "Dollaz + Sense"     Blake   DJ Quik   5:53
8.   "Summer Breeze"     Blake, Jerome Louis "J.J." Jackson   DJ Quik   4:32
9.   "Quik's Groove VII"     Blake   DJ Quik   3:49
10.   "Jus Lyke Compton"     Rob Bacon, Blake   DJ Quik, Rob "Fonksta" Bacon (co.)   4:10
11.   "So Many Wayz" (featuring 2nd II None & Peter Gunz)   George Archie, Darius Barnett, Blake, Kelton McDonald, Peter Pankey   DJ Quik, G-One (co.)   5:39
12.   "Hand In Hand" (featuring 2nd II None & El DeBarge)   Barnett, Blake, Eldra Patrick DeBarge, McDonald   DJ Quik   4:18
13.   "Down, Down, Down" (featuring Suga Free, AMG & Mausberg)   Blake, Johnny Burns, Jason Lewis, Dejuan Walker   DJ Quik   4:43
14.   "You'z a Ganxta"     Blake   DJ Quik   4:22
15.   "Speed"     Blake, Lewis, Maurice White, Verdine White   DJ Quik   3:20
16.   "Pitch in on a Party"     Blake   DJ Quik   4:07
17.   "Do I Love Her?" (featuring Suga Free)   Blake, Walker   DJ Quik   4:11
18.   "Streets Iz Callin'" (featuring Chuckey)   Blake   DJ Quik   3:45
19.   "Trouble" (featuring AMG)

SNIPPETS: http://www.amazon.com/Best-DJ-Quik-Finale-Explicit/dp/B0013DAAPI/ref=tmm_msc_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

THE REAL COMPTON SOUNDTRACK...not the album that people trying to push you some bullshit!!! SOME BULLSHIT (Hi-C voice)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:45:13 PM by Mr. Theo »

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
Re: Compton A Soundtrack - SNIPPETS + TRACKLIST + ARTWORK..IT'S CLASSIC
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
I agree!!!! ;)

me1

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 08:10:42 AM »
+1

WestWestYA

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 08:45:09 AM »
are you getting jelly the best producer is back?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 08:50:15 AM by WestWestYA »

Chef_YRD

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 09:24:07 AM »

Real talk anyone who says Dre is the best at anything is trippin...with how many ghost writers and producers he's had in his career there's nothing about his work I view as credible...he's a mainstream act of yesteryear he was in a position to be made into that guy before lil Wayne or drake came along or anyone else who gets credit for others work in the public eye...and all of that effort combined into the "idea" that became dr Dre still can't touch quik and he knows it...I wouldn't even put Dre above battlecat
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

WestWestYA

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 09:29:52 AM »

Real talk anyone who says Dre is the best at anything is trippin...with how many ghost writers and producers he's had in his career there's nothing about his work I view as credible...he's a mainstream act of yesteryear he was in a position to be made into that guy before lil Wayne or drake came along or anyone else who gets credit for others work in the public eye...and all of that effort combined into the "idea" that became dr Dre still can't touch quik and he knows it...I wouldn't even put Dre above battlecat

lol keep dreaming quik is awesome but his just a one lane bunny who cant evolve his style with the times. Dr Dre is the master & even quik has said no one can fuck with dre.

Jome

Re: The Best of DJ Quik... IT'S CLASSIC
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:31:06 AM »
Changed the thread title. Please don't make misleading titles like that, kinda annoying.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »

lol keep dreaming quik is awesome but his just a one lane bunny who cant evolve his style with the times. Dr Dre is the master & even quik has said no one can fuck with dre.

To be 100 with it if kush or I need a doctor is evolving with the times I'm glad quik stayed true to himself....his style might not succumb to today's sound but his style is mostly experimental anyways the lane your referring to doesn't exist he's just not capable of releasing some pop music like Dre is...Dre is barely active and his style is soft he was the Puff daddy of the west...the only reason why Dre can keep up with the times is because he's always had whoevers popular ghost write/produce for him
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Mr. Theo

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 10:47:55 AM »

Jelly about who?What best producer?Quincy Jones is back?

Yeah DJ Quik cant fuck with Dre

"The number 23 on the beats, 'bout to do ya
Mister Blake A.K.A. DJ Quik talkin' to ya
And I'll prove I'm proper and yo game is whack with 1 line
I'll never put my name on a track that wasn't mine"........

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Dogg Ly Dogg

Re: Compton The Real Soundtrack (OG)... IT'S CLASSIC
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 11:21:22 AM »
Theo, i'm asking you this because you seem to be the ultimate Quik fan, do you ever find Nick Cannon So West Coast in CDQ?

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 01:09:08 PM »

Even Quik know  he is the greater producer, but, the minute he says that out his mouth, he will be blackballed immediately, guaranteed. The streets know the bizness!!!

Chef_YRD

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 01:16:29 PM »

Even Quik know  he is the greater producer, but, the minute he says that out his mouth, he will be blackballed immediately, guaranteed. The streets know the bizness!!!

Real talk...Dre is a brand not an artist so he might have more power in the industry but that doesn't make him better...quik can say what he wants But his body of work speaks for itself...

Chitown

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 02:35:26 PM »

To be 100 with it if kush or I need a doctor is evolving with the times I'm glad quik stayed true to himself....his style might not succumb to today's sound but his style is mostly experimental anyways the lane your referring to doesn't exist he's just not capable of releasing some pop music like Dre is...Dre is barely active and his style is soft he was the Puff daddy of the west...the only reason why Dre can keep up with the times is because he's always had whoevers popular ghost write/produce for him

^^^^ Real shit!!!!! Dre gon take the time to say Detox wasn't good enough...looool...Just Blaze has produced records, Hi-Tek and many, many others. So he judging their talents and credibility, so the work they put in was hot ass garbage. I've seen Just Blaze start a track on his MPC on youtube, Battlecat too. Why has there never been a video of Dre writing a track from start to finish? I've searched hi and low...found nothing.

CORREA

Re: DJ Quik-The Best of-Compton The Real Soundtrack (OG)... IT'S CLASSIC
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 02:44:03 PM »
nobody cares bout DJ Quik :D

Chef_YRD

Re: DJ Quik-The Best of-Compton The Real Soundtrack (OG)... IT'S CLASSIC
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 03:21:23 PM »
nobody cares bout DJ Quik :D

This dude sets his alarm clock to wake up and hate I swear haha I've asked you before who you like since it seems like you don't like anyone actually discussed on this forum....I'm not going to argue quiks fan base because obviously it exists no matter the size,he's acknowledged his position in the hip hop world he knows he's mad underrated as does anyone in his fanbase...point blank pound for pound endorsements and side hustles aside quiks music smacks on dres...and that goes for any other artist that's been superglued together to create the "dr dre" sound