Author Topic: It's DOPE to see so many old names reappear with the #Compton release  (Read 1220 times)

Sccit

How you doing Rud. Long time. I joined April 2001 and this is my first post since October 2005, almost 10 years!

You sent me a Suga Free CD through the post a long time ago, I still appreciate that.

I remember Now I Know, Sikotic, Overseer mostly!

I'll be honest I've listened to more Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan in the last decade than I have G-Funk but Compton has me reminiscing.

SO WHAT U THINK OF THE ALBUM?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
nice thread.. hoping the O.G.'s keep coming
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Let's Get Down

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Kane Beatz Movement - The Building Records
Disappointing album

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I come on once in a while.

Def not as much as I did 06 to 10. Still dope to check out.

Album is so so right now for me

DRGNBLZN

Name: Grady Peterson. My name on here used to be Beatz until i joined dubcc again recently.

Date I joined Dubcc: i deleted my original account but if i remember right, i signed up late 2005 and was pretty active on here until around 2011.

Where I've been hiding: Working my ass off and raising my 2 boys for the most part. I ended up getting injured in a car accident and ended up moving back to Cali 4 months ago to "get back on my feet" and try to get a fresh start out here closer to family. I've had a lot more free time lately so that's probably why i rediscovered dubcc message boards again.

Favorite memory of Dubcc: I can't really pick one thing but Dubcc was the one message board that stood above all the rest for me when it came to learning things i didn't know about different artists and producers before, especially anyone from the west coast and was the one place where i could have a decent conversation with someone about hip hop in general.

Favorite west coast track: Mack 10, Ice Cube, WC, Butch Cassidy - "Connected For Life"

Theres a handful of members or ex-members that's come off the top of my head like sikotic, NIK, raiders(always had the old magazine interviews and rare hookups), rik, quiettruth, nima, styles, lunatic, infinite, this guy that used to post as jeru the damaja or some shit that used to be really knowledgable, d-nice, tanj, I know that theres more. Its just been quite a long while.

'Compton' has stayed in my rotation since i got my hands on it. It doesn't have the impact '2001' had on me but its definetly some of the freshest shit out there now.

johnnie360

My old name on here was Bigg Sherm. I could not remember my password. I been around since the Nima days.

Sccit

Name: Grady Peterson. My name on here used to be Beatz until i joined dubcc again recently.

Date I joined Dubcc: i deleted my original account but if i remember right, i signed up late 2005 and was pretty active on here until around 2011.

Where I've been hiding: Working my ass off and raising my 2 boys for the most part. I ended up getting injured in a car accident and ended up moving back to Cali 4 months ago to "get back on my feet" and try to get a fresh start out here closer to family. I've had a lot more free time lately so that's probably why i rediscovered dubcc message boards again.

Favorite memory of Dubcc: I can't really pick one thing but Dubcc was the one message board that stood above all the rest for me when it came to learning things i didn't know about different artists and producers before, especially anyone from the west coast and was the one place where i could have a decent conversation with someone about hip hop in general.

Favorite west coast track: Mack 10, Ice Cube, WC, Butch Cassidy - "Connected For Life"

Theres a handful of members or ex-members that's come off the top of my head like sikotic, NIK, raiders(always had the old magazine interviews and rare hookups), rik, quiettruth, nima, styles, lunatic, infinite, this guy that used to post as jeru the damaja or some shit that used to be really knowledgable, d-nice, tanj, I know that theres more. Its just been quite a long while.

'Compton' has stayed in my rotation since i got my hands on it. It doesn't have the impact '2001' had on me but its definetly some of the freshest shit out there now.

aw shit, beatz, whats good mayn? why u delete ur old account? anyway, good shit bout bein back in cali, hope it work well for u out here 8)

doggfather

Who is an og?
Im here till 2006, and dont think im one of them'
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

Who is an og?
Im here till 2006, and dont think im one of them'

og mean you registered when the site first opened....2001-2002

u a vet tho

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: It's DOPE to see so many old names reappear with the #Compton release
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2015, 06:21:21 PM »
Been here since 03/04 been lurking since 09/10. New album is pretty dope 8) The Midnight Life is better tho!

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
Re: Sticky: It's DOPE to see so many old names reappear with the #Compton release
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2015, 05:47:10 PM »

Name: Ex to Tha Z aka ExZit
Date Joined DubCC: 31 January 2001
Where you been hiding: San Diego and Stockholm
Favorite memory of DubCC:The posts from Mellowman and the launch of Dubcnn
Favorite Westcoast Track: Jay Tee and Baby Beesh - Whats goin on and Mc Eiht - Streiht up menace or anything with Snoop
Anything else you wanna say: I joined this forum when i was 16 years old, so i basically grew up on this forum.. the DubCC mIrc channel on efnet was hella funny, bein a moderator at The G Spot was cool, Runnin the Mc Eiht Fan site was dope and gave me a lot of good networking

This summer i got a call from the producer Alchemist, because Nima gave him my number. It was funny to talk to him, real chill dude, i was supposed to meet him and hook him up with some weed, but the Gumball 3000 registration was in the way haha
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

$Eg2$

Name $Eg2$ real name Eric
Joined in 06
Been hiding in SanBernadino
Favorite Memory To many to name but Posts from the G spot use to crack me up.
Fav West Coast track is a tough one for sure but ill say Black superman or No Vaseline.
I don't ever post but I always pop in and read whats going on. Much Love and S/O to everyone still active.