Author Topic: Kendrick perfoms "To Pimp A Butterfly-Medley" on Stephen Colbert-Show  (Read 505 times)

Desert Lord

once again kendrick shows us why he is a big part of the reason hiphop ist getting dope again  8)

thundercat and bilal in his band yesss...and i think that white chick is anna wise?

check it out

http://hypetrak.com/2015/09/kendrick-lamar-performs-to-pimp-a-butterfly-medley-on-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/

CORREA

Re: Kendrick perfoms "To Pimp A Butterfly-Medley" on Stephen Colbert-Show
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 06:27:59 AM »
once again kendrick shows us why he is a big part of the reason hiphop ist getting dope again  8)

thundercat and bilal in his band yesss...and i think that white chick is anna wise?

check it out

http://hypetrak.com/2015/09/kendrick-lamar-performs-to-pimp-a-butterfly-medley-on-late-show-with-stephen-colbert/

Kendrick still showing hes still the best in the game today

Desert Lord

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 06:35:03 AM »
yessir

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 03:25:11 PM »
i saw this shit live last night, cold performance

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 10:40:56 PM »
Real dope performance  8)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:26 AM »
GREAT performance!

I won't even bother mentioning "These Walls" anymore, I guess Kendrick nor Interscope really fucks with the song.

That "rapper with a ghost writer" line must be raising a few eyebrows now lol.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

jaytee

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 03:22:41 AM »
Thanks for posting this.

Entertaining performance.

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »
GREAT performance!

I won't even bother mentioning "These Walls" anymore, I guess Kendrick nor Interscope really fucks with the song.

why would he even say that when he's ghostwritten for dre tho....shits weird af

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 07:38:17 PM »
GREAT performance!

Its ok with Dre because Dre is and was always known as the producer who raps lines written for him. What's Drake known for? He tries to position himself as a "rap king" who doesn't write his own raps.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 09:33:17 PM »
GREAT performance!

Its ok with Dre because Dre is and was always known as the producer who raps lines written for him. What's Drake known for? He tries to position himself as a "rap king" who doesn't write his own raps.

And eazy-e? He wasn't a producer .. U heard them Quentin Miller reference tracks? I don't like drake, but the shit sound way better wit him flowin it. Ghostwriting always has been and always will be a part of hip-hop.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 06:27:54 AM »
GREAT performance!

Again Easy was never portrayed as the beat rapper. He claimed to be the realest gangster but not rapper.

Be honest, if you found out that Pac has most of his tracks ghostwritten for him it wouldn't hurt you a little bit? Because it would for me. When I listen to someone and have a high respect for what he says and am lead to believe it's coming straight from his heart and mind but it's really coming from somewhere else it makes a difference.

Of course I think Drake sucks matter how you slice it so who cares. But kids today really take to that guy for some reason. And he wants to claim he's on top. He's not.

And I actually liked the original concept track of that one song slay posted over Drakes.

And eazy-e? He wasn't a producer .. U heard them Quentin Miller reference tracks? I don't like drake, but the shit sound way better wit him flowin it. Ghostwriting always has been and always will be a part of hip-hop.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 11:37:38 PM »
Pac of course .. But they're two diff types. Everyone n they mama from snoop to cube to nas have been known to use ghostwriters in the past. Drake is not anything like pac, he's a singer/rapper who makes pop rap. That's why no one gave a shit. Michael Jackson didn't write thriller either btw. It's just not as big a story as meek wanted it to be.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:03 PM »
Pac of course .. But they're two diff types. Everyone n they mama from snoop to cube to nas have been known to use ghostwriters in the past. Drake is not anything like pac, he's a singer/rapper who makes pop rap. That's why no one gave a shit. Michael Jackson didn't write thriller either btw. It's just not as big a story as meek wanted it to be.

Yeah I know about Thriller and I get it with Drake. With Nas or even Pac if he had ever did it I would care but depends on the tracks. If Illmatic was entirely ghost written it would completely disqualify Nas from the greatest argument but if he reached out to pop writer for that Escobar single I could care less.

I just think it's a joke that serious fans of the genre credit drake as one of the current greats.

Not that I give a shit about meek either

gysnpn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »
2Pac no question wrote everything credited to his name. Drake and Kendrick are the kings right now. Drake ain't doing nothing wrong. He stays true to who he is. Hip hop evolves just like rock n roll did. Nothing can stay how you like it forever and ever. Take what you got and enjoy it.
boo yaah! muthafucka