Author Topic: Jay Rock-90059 (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 1449 times)

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Jay rock 90059 is out. Who coped it?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 10:47:49 PM »
once again dubcnn members be like:  the album is trash!  ;D while icons in the rap game be like  ;D

dubcnn members like : the album is trash!  ;D NBA players be like https://twitter.com/TonySnell20/status/606911290351710209  :D

jay rock got one with this album, after years he finally got 1. follow me home was cool but that album wasn't anything high standard. you can get a follow me home type album from basically any west coast nigga. game has given us a couple albums with that formula and even he moved on from it.  this should be a lesson to young west coast rappers out there that stay" in that box" and we all know what in the box sounds like. shouts out to my nigga nipsey, dom,TDE, vinces staples, YG, TY and i know im missing a few other cats but im sure you niggas know who they are. these niggas continue to step outside the box, do different things and see success. growth!!! that's what the shit is about. when you put more into your music other than a "typical sound" niggas appreciate that shit. well obviously not this forum  :D i used to be just like you niggas. i remember when i was younger i used to listen to heavily west coast albums and "that sound" and "that sound" only. when i heard anything else i never gave it a chance because it wasn't "the sound" i listen to. as i got older i started checking out other shit and found out my thinking was fucking up my appreciation for some good ass albums. I missed out on artists that actually dropped dope album's. it destroys your ear to judge good rap music on a whole. it makes you only listen to certain rap music and you don't really have an ear for real creativity in the game other than "that sound". this is why some of you are questioning wtf does these niggas see in that album "it's not really good" you know why ? you no longer have an ear for anything other "that sound" "that sound" that you rate these niggas music based on. you can't grasped creativity other than "that sound" that's why you think nipsey's new shit is weak and kendrick is wack. that shit destroyed my ear for good rap music on a whole for years.  it's not good to listen to 1 style of rap music bruh. it's the same as niggas that only listen backpack rappers. they think everything else is wack! you know those niggas that only listen to nas, sean price, wu tang ect.. they only have an ear for that type of music. it destroys your ear and doesn'yt allow you to grasp rap music in general. now i can listen to any nigga from anywhere and appreciate their music if it's good, and i wasn't able to do that before. when i listen to an album now im not listening for "a  sound" im listening for creativity! my old mp3 player is filled with music that sounds like a dre produced it for the chronic or chronic 2001 thats "that sound" you know when you heard that sound and say "yo did dre produce this" "yo im downloading shit right away"  :D THAT'S THE SOUND AND THAT SOUND ONLY! now im  not saying the sound is not dope but when you're only checking for "it" that destroys your ear for anything other than "that sound"  you've mold yourself to compare everything to "that sound" an album like J cole's will be trash to you. why ? nothing on there has "that sound"

Completely understand brah, I came into this thread thinking people know how to use paragraphs n shit. But that's not always the case.

doggfather

Re: Jay rock 90059 is out. Who coped it?
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 11:32:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Jome

Re: Jay Rock-90059 (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 10:52:41 AM »
* Made this the official discussion thread *

This album is gonna take some listens, he took the Schoolboy Q route, imo..

After hearing the promotional single bangers "Parental Advisory" & "Pay for It (Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal)", I was expecting something else..
Surprised neither tracks are present on the album.

Game-Won

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 11:56:01 AM »
I pref Jay Rock to Kendrick.. But Kendrick had a more complete album.

Jay Rock could had went colder. - he is the dopest lyracist in the game to me =)
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Blood$

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
this album gets so much better once you hear it more than twice in full, really flows well front to back

I'll say it's more cohesive than FMH by a landslide and better conceptually but FMH had more individual classic songs that you could have on repeat

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2015, 04:17:10 PM »
Jay Rock is following Kendrick's formula

Eddz

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2015, 04:23:15 PM »
Great album, only problem is it's too short.

doggfather

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 02:00:21 AM »
overall i like it, this one is a good album. Far from kendrick to pimp... album, but still a strong TDE material.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Desert Lord

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 05:27:18 AM »
strong album..much better than i thought and definetly waaaaay better than schoolboy's album!

also better than follow me home. you can definetly hear the kendrick influence which is not a bad thing at all.

the title track got to be odb-influenced lol  8)

Blood$

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 07:07:52 AM »
motherfuckers are really sleeping on this one but fuck it let them

b.laden

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 07:12:06 AM »
the beats on his debut  album was weak .. i think it totally ruined his album.
i ll give it a listen to his new LP

Blood$

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 07:15:29 AM »
the beats on his debut  album was weak .. i think it totally ruined his album.

what  :o

interesting opinion lol that production was top notch to most, to each his own

b.laden

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 07:23:06 AM »
yeah to each is own but i think it sounded like a wack east coast album ... a weak version of RZA style
strangely TDE have a lot of good producers .. the beat and producing on kendrick debut was amazing and very original ..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:24:51 AM by b.laden »

So Much Style

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 08:48:30 AM »
dam this shit was not that good, and this is from a ROCK fan. He needs an album full of Necessary.
So much style back at it again

CORREA

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 11:21:09 AM »
yeah to each is own but i think it sounded like a wack east coast album ... a weak version of RZA style
strangely TDE have a lot of good producers .. the beat and producing on kendrick debut was amazing and very original ..

dont start with that it didnt sound west crap those days are way over