Author Topic: anyone ever read Scarface's autobiography?  (Read 280 times)

DRGNBLZN

anyone ever read Scarface's autobiography?
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:12:21 AM »
http://www.amazon.com/Diary-Madman-Death-Roots-Southern/dp/0062302639

It came out on April 21. I never even heard about this until today. Just ordered my copy.

Blood$

Re: anyone ever read Scarface's autobiography?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:50:22 AM »
I read it all in 3 sit-downs... a must own

I've gotta order that Pimp C book now since Barnes & Noble still don't carry it, I hate ordering shit online but fuck it lol

villain

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
both books are good
pimp c's book is better
longer, more inside stories, way more deeper especially on alot of the mystery around his death and after
will open eyes and i hope they drop a ugk film like nwa's after reading the book you will understand what i mean

any other dope books on hip hop like pimp c's and scarfaces.

ps the face book is dope, its like its written by him talking, kinda short, didnt go over everything but he drops alot of gems.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 05:44:23 PM »
both books are good
pimp c's book is better
longer, more inside stories, way more deeper especially on alot of the mystery around his death and after
will open eyes and i hope they drop a ugk film like nwa's after reading the book you will understand what i mean

any other dope books on hip hop like pimp c's and scarfaces.

ps the face book is dope, its like its written by him talking, kinda short, didnt go over everything but he drops alot of gems.

I must have it wrong because a lot of people I really respect—respect Scarface.  But he doesn't seem like a deep dude to me in interviews.  I keep waitin for these "gems" he's supposed to be droppin but I don't see it... maybe I'm missin somethin
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:53:27 PM »
I wanna get this book

doggfather

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 01:30:24 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

bouli77

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 02:58:55 AM »
I bought both Beverly's and Face's books.

I'm like a 100 pages deep into Pimp C's unauthorized biography and I've read a few chosen passages of Face's book so far.

Both are interesting but in my opinion Beverly's book is far more interesting as it's real journalism with hours and hours of research, interviews, and real writing put together in a 700 hundred page book. it also helps that it features content like rare pictures and Pimp C's full discography including every last one of his features (even though they forgot to mention that his track with Yukmouth representing Southwest also appeared on Captain Save 'em's compilation "My Cape is in the Cleaner", but that's a rap nerd kind of details that only people like me will care about, lol).

Face's books is as interesting as any autobiographies are but it's very short and you only get one point of view and from what I've read Face tends to big himself up a little too much and it kinda lacks nuances. The problem with rappers (and egotistical artists in general) is that they have a had time admitting to their own shortcomings and downfall and it's all the more true in rap as it's a music genre revolving around braggadocio and how well you can rock a mic and a crowd. Still, it's always dope to hear his take on things and insider trivia such as how he was disappointed with RAL's doings of his album, how he implies that he doesn't fuck with P's music and that, had he had full creative control at RAL, he'd never have considered recording a track with P and adding a verse from Pac jacked from a video footage. I guess that's why he never recorded a song with E-40 all this time despite being friends with him and shouting him in his songs, I'm guessing he doesn't like his unorthodox style.

I especially liked what he said about NO Joe, Bido, Mike Dean and Tone Capone, who rank among my very favorite production teams.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:01:05 AM by bouli77 »