Author Topic: Jay Rock-90059 (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 1433 times)

Mista Rosa

Re: Jay Rock-90059 (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2015, 11:53:43 AM »
Yo.
I think this album is super good. Smooth from start to finish. I will peep Follow Me Home. I listened to it  while ago, I need to listen to it properly.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2015, 12:47:13 PM »
yeah to each is own but i think it sounded like a wack east coast album ... a weak version of RZA style
strangely TDE have a lot of good producers .. the beat and producing on kendrick debut was amazing and very original ..

dont start with that it didnt sound west crap those days are way over

not really, compton sounded west coast and so did kendrick's latest album

CORREA

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »
yeah to each is own but i think it sounded like a wack east coast album ... a weak version of RZA style
strangely TDE have a lot of good producers .. the beat and producing on kendrick debut was amazing and very original ..

who cares :D what it sounds like this whole region sound bs been over forever i will not get upset if it doesn't sound gfunk ect as long as there are good lyrics to back up the track im all for it and good production

it can sound south and im not much of a south person if Kendrick is doing the south thing i wouldn't mind cause i know he can deliver this whole mentality of just cause ur east or west doesnt mean it has to sound that way thats just irrelevant today 

just look at the latest trash that came off the tpain assembly line Fetty Wap from jersey but sounds like he came straight outta Atlanta its just the way it is

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2015, 02:53:32 PM »

who cares :D what it sounds like this whole region sound bs been over forever i will not get upset if it doesn't sound gfunk ect as long as there are good lyrics to back up the track im all for it and good production

it can sound south and im not much of a south person if Kendrick is doing the south thing i wouldn't mind cause i know he can deliver this whole mentality of just cause ur east or west doesnt mean it has to sound that way thats just irrelevant today 

just look at the latest trash that came off the tpain assembly line Fetty Wap from jersey but sounds like he came straight outta Atlanta its just the way it is

Who said anythin about gfunk tho

CORREA

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2015, 03:10:13 PM »

it was an example
cause the one sided minds on here are like that
its westcoast so it has to sound gfunk

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2015, 03:16:03 PM »

it was an example

West coast got a lot more signature sounds than jus gfunk lol

CORREA

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »

it was an example

but here its all gfunk and u know that

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 03:42:58 PM »

it was an example

Not as long as I'm sherif

doggfather

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2015, 02:09:35 AM »

it was an example

Not as long as I'm sherif

+1
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
I'll say it's more cohesive than FMH by a landslide and better conceptually but FMH had more individual classic songs that you could have on repeat
I kinda agree because this album has a certain sound where every track flows well together. It's like Jay took a tip or 2 from School & Kendrick & went that route but FMH had more standout tracks & it had more of a mainstream/west coast sound & I gotta say overall I like FMH more but this album is dope nonethe less. Too bad its so short.

Blood$

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2015, 04:02:39 PM »
I'll say it's more cohesive than FMH by a landslide and better conceptually but FMH had more individual classic songs that you could have on repeat
I kinda agree because this album has a certain sound where every track flows well together. It's like Jay took a tip or 2 from School & Kendrick & went that route but FMH had more standout tracks & it had more of a mainstream/west coast sound & I gotta say overall I like FMH more but this album is dope nonethe less. Too bad its so short.

"Pay For It" and "Parental Advisory" could have been included on here for sure even if just as bonus joints

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2015, 04:06:38 PM »

"Pay For It" and "Parental Advisory" could have been included on here for sure even if just as bonus joints
Agree, this album could have used more songs that were hype & make you want to fuck somebody up ;)