Documentary series

3 and done like Blueprint
0 (0%)
Many volumes like The Carter
2 (33.3%)
Neither, it will stop at 2
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Is the documentary series going to be more like the Carter or Blueprint?  (Read 331 times)

Calilove661

Disc 1 could easily have been a mixtape but he went with 2 and 2.5 indicates this series will continue and probably won't stop at a trilogy.

bouli77

Re: Is the documentary series going to be more like the Carter or Blueprint?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 03:33:58 PM »
not a relevant comparison,

the carter & blueprint instalments happened earlier in Jay's & Wayne's careers and it wasn't their first album...

Game naming his album Documentary 2 is he trying to revive his glory days and usually happens long after the first one dropped... in that case 10 years... it's a pretty common trend in rap, you could compare this album to OB4CL2, Regulate... G-Funk Era 2, Stillmatic, and the once announced but never released Chronic 2, Doggystyle 2, RR&GB 2, etc. on that note Mistah Fab just finished recording his Son of a Pimp 2.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
^YUP...LIKE X-RAIDED WIT PSYCHOACTIVE 2, WHICH WAS PRETTY DOPE IN ITS OWN RIGHT

Calilove661

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 04:05:03 PM »

I hate it when you join the discussion. Xraided did the Unforgiven series already. You'd know that was his Masterpiece if you weren't a toddler in the late 90s.

Calilove661

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 04:06:39 PM »
not a relevant comparison,

the carter & blueprint instalments happened earlier in Jay's & Wayne's careers and it wasn't their first album...

Game naming his album Documentary 2 is he trying to revive his glory days and usually happens long after the first one dropped... in that case 10 years... it's a pretty common trend in rap, you could compare this album to OB4CL2, Regulate... G-Funk Era 2, Stillmatic, and the once announced but never released Chronic 2, Doggystyle 2, RR&GB 2, etc. on that note Mistah Fab just finished recording his Son of a Pimp 2.

Is Wayne still doing tha Carter series? My impression with the 2 and 2.5, Game intends to continue this series but we will see if he does. It clearly wasn't designed as an extra disc like the doctors advocate dre bonus.

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 04:44:42 PM »

I hate it when you join the discussion. Xraided did the Unforgiven series already. You'd know that was his Masterpiece if you weren't a toddler in the late 90s.

yea right i really believe u

Game-Won

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »
I dont remember what interview, was a newer one.

He said he stops at 2. - and he hates the name 2.5.

It supose to be NR 2 as a 2cd combo.. not 2.5 he said...
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Calilove661

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:45:13 PM »
I dont remember what interview, was a newer one.

He said he stops at 2. - and he hates the name 2.5.

It supose to be NR 2 as a 2cd combo.. not 2.5 he said...

True. Another thing he did was the like father like son, another idea he stole from Wayne.