Author Topic: San Diego Rap.. don't miss out, get with the movement!  (Read 644 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

San Diego Rap.. don't miss out, get with the movement!
« on: May 01, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »
Most of ya'll don't seem to know about San Diego's rap scene.

Of course San Diego's most famous rap artist is Jayo Felony.

But there are alot of other HOT artists in Dago.

I suppose alot of ya'll know about Lil CS. He has two albums out and recently put out a soundtrack to his dvd that will come out soon. This dude has hot lyrics, no simplistic shit, he got a tight rhyme structure and all. His website is www.ghettoworld.com and i interviewed him for dubcnn.com (www.dubcnn.com/interviews/lilcs dubcnn is down right now will be back soon).
He is DEFINTELY worth checking out.. for you LA heads, he had Bad Azz, and others on his second album dollas & sins.

Another San Diego rapper you should give a chance is Mitchy Slick. He put out "Triggeration Station" a while ago, and it is BANGIN!!! this dude has a tight flow, good voice and the lyrics too. Give him a chance, I'm pretty sure most of you will feel his shit. He had guests such as e-40, yukmouth and more. He's down with Sir Jinx, Xzibit and others. Very hot artist.

+ there are tons of other artists outta san diego.

the two main producers are CRICET, ECAY UNO and STEVE VICIOUS definitely check them out, they produced for lil cs and mitchy slick and tons of other people.
other san diego you should give a chance are I-ROCC, (he had a compilation  with Luni Coleone by the name of "how the west was won" with daz on it together), BAY LOC, DAMU, MACKVILLIN etc

damu is tight as hell.

dago also has mexican rappers like mr shadow and them.. most will know their stuff.

so if you get the chance to check out some of this stuff, DO IT.

albums i'd recommend are:

Lil CS - Dollas & Sins
Mitchy Slick - Triggeration Station
The New West Compilation
Mackvillin's stuff.
Damu's stuff.
Ecay Uno - Operation Elimination
Lil CS & 1 Hun present - In The Ghetto World Soundtrack.

if anybody has checked those, post here and let people know what u think..

to order albums if you ain't in dago, you can hit up the Sicc Shop over at www.siccness.net .. they got alot of stuff.

holla back

Nima

i know acgrundy, mr tongue twista and others know bout this stuff.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2003, 11:30:49 AM by Nimagic »

Funkadelic

Re:San Diego Rap.. don't miss out, get with the movement!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 05:25:38 AM »
Many chicano rappers are outta Diego...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 05:26:47 AM »
Many chicano rappers are outta Diego...

yup.. i'm too lazy to make a list wit albums and all.. maybe you can do that ;)

gFuNkA

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 05:48:41 AM »
im not feeling lil cs, mitchy is ok, mackvillin is hot. i have to check ecay uno now. i recommend young sicc´s album "spread the word".

40oz GRApHire

• Funk Doctor
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • PS: I'm still a Buddhist :)
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2003, 07:11:48 AM »
Im not into Lil CS neither... Im definatly diggin' the Chicano rap cats of Diego..
40oz Graphire

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2003, 09:49:30 AM »
i have heard of these rappers but never actually listened to them, i have heard many mixed reviews about Lil CS,
Mitchy Slick seems pretty dope  but everybody seems to be feeling Ecay Uno, maybe later i will give these guys a try cause right now the bay and southern cali music are on a standstill

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2003, 10:33:24 AM »
I like Mitchy Slick not heard much from the others you mentioned apart from lil cs...thanks nima will check em out ;)

Quakaveli

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 11:26:26 AM »
I heard a couple Mr. Shadow songs in da past....tight shit 8)

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2003, 01:04:18 AM »
they definitly got hot artists over there
i remember postin shit bout san diego 1 year ago...

but cmon now...
lol @ damu beein hot ass fuck
I-Rocc aint got that much heat under his belt either...

only ones i can agree wit are mitchy, ecay uno & cricet...
but they all pretty new to da game..

they got a really hot chicano scene over there..
might be even better than the black rap scene

T
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

dawgggpound4life

• Lil Geezy
  • San Diego's - 'Mr.Shadow'
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2003, 02:32:03 AM »
What's up from Australia,

I think a lot of brothaz and ladiez in this forum underestimate how bangin' chicano San Diego rap artists are today. The westcoast isn't all about westcoast black artists anymore. There's a lot of chicano talent in San Diego today. I listen to stuff from Mr.Shadow, Knightowl, Young Sicc, Royal T, Youngstah etc., Ignore these artists at your peril. It's definitely your mistake. Many of you have to open your mindz when it comez to westcoast rap music. Judging by the posts in this forum, too many of you are living in the past. Get it in your headz - Snoop's lost it, Kurupt's lost it lyrically, Deathrow ain't the same anymore etc., Geez get over it.

Peace !!!

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2003, 04:32:25 AM »

I think a lot of brothaz and ladiez in this forum underestimate how bangin' chicano San Diego rap artists are today. The westcoast isn't all about westcoast black artists anymore. There's a lot of chicano talent in San Diego today. I listen to stuff from Mr.Shadow, Knightowl, Young Sicc, Royal T, Youngstah etc., Ignore these artists at your peril. It's definitely your mistake. Many of you have to open your mindz when it comez to westcoast rap music. Judging by the posts in this forum, too many of you are living in the past. Get it in your headz - Snoop's lost it, Kurupt's lost it lyrically, Deathrow ain't the same anymore etc., Geez get over it.

Peace !!!

tell em my dogg woop
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 09:13:01 PM »
don't forget that Hound Foundation (Damu, Blakk Mike & B-Stone) alBum!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

MelFunk

• Lil Geezy
  • Killa Killa!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2003, 09:28:12 PM »

Peace !!!

LMAO! Eh dawg, are you black or latin cuz you got some black chick in yur avatar, but you praising the Mexican Rap scene?

All those muthafukaz you jus listed suck a big fat dick. Shadow is an African stuck in a mexicans body. Knightowl and Royal T; all these homos do is talk shit, if you like that crap... good for you, but it sucks. The only Latin rappers from the SD worth checkin out are Lil Rob and Mr. Frost.. the rest are blacks stuck in a mexicans body trying to act black.
Fuk haterz and keep downing em Heinekins

dawgggpound4life

• Lil Geezy
  • San Diego's - 'Mr.Shadow'
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2003, 10:35:49 PM »

Hey 'Mel-low', whether I'm African-American or latin haz nothin' to do with my support for San Diego chicano rap.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. But note that an opinion and ideas are subjective/facts are subjective. Both of the replies we've made are neither right or wrong because they're not fact. It's what we think.

Hey 'Mel-low', I like your colourful language. You should become a writer, author, journalist etc., You've definitely got strong opinionz and convincing writing skillz.

According to you:

Mr.Shadow, Knightowl, Young Sicc, Royal T, Youngstah all 'suck a big fat dick'. (You ain't serious, because that's very disgusting !!!!!) (From now on, I'm only listening to Lil Rob and Mr. Frost)

(Mr.)'Shadow is an African stuck in a mexicans body'. (Fuck, and all this time I thought he was Mexican. Could it be because he's done tracks with Daz & Kurupt ? (From now on, I'm only listening to Lil Rob and Mr. Frost)

Knightowl & Royal T are 'homos' who 'talk shit'. You ain't serious again, because I hear that being like that is bad for your health. Those Knightowl & Royal T CDs of mine are now definitely going straight in the bin) (From now on, I'm only listening to Lil Rob and Mr. Frost) Fuck, where do you hear these rumourz? You should definitely think about writing for a woman's magazine.

Peace !

MelFunk

• Lil Geezy
  • Killa Killa!!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2003, 11:09:54 PM »
Don't push me to the curb...aussie kangaroo hunter. You listed pure latin rappers ... 1 black... I've heard all of them except younsick and Youngsta(which i did not respond to son) .... so i bashed you on your preferances... If you really want Latin rap listen to Lil Rob and MR. Frost... but if you want the same old gangster rap from latin rappers... listen to DawgggFood.

And when i said stuck in a latin's body trying to be black... that was figurative speech ;) lol... i didn't mean it literally.. jeez use your brain dawg... but whatevers... you must be new to the rap game! Newbie 8)
Fuk haterz and keep downing em Heinekins