Author Topic: The Reign Ends  (Read 198 times)

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
The Reign Ends
« on: May 07, 2003, 11:48:36 PM »
To my fellow Laker Fans, looks like our reign may end this year, dont get me wrong i still think they will put up a fight but damn down 2-0 aint helpin

I just thought i would brighten up our future a little.

Well if the Lakers do lose they will have lots to think about this summer. Rick Fox is gonna be out from 6 months to 1 year. We already know that the lakers are missing that certain something this year cause in the past we fuckin killed the spurs and whoever our first round opponents were, The Kings were really the only team that would give us any competition. anyways

During our first championship we had Glen Rice and the valuable experience of Ron Harper, Glen Rice was not the best fit to the lakers but he gave us 15 points something that nobody besides shaq and kobe have given us this year

our second championship we had Horace Grant and i dont gotta say much on what he brought us

during our third championship we had everybody just clicking the right way, Horry was playing real good, Fox too and everybody made valuable contributions and we had health on our side

This year ugggghhhhhhhh horry has been horrible on offense, especially on outside shooting, Fox and george are out,Kobe has been sluggish at times with his play too, his shooting hasnt been good and our team defense has gone to shit, Shaq has really been the only consistent one during the playoffs  put all this together and it means our reign is almost over, even if we manage to get by San Antonio which i doubt Sac is ready to kick our asses and they will this year

The reign however will comeback next year, already there are more than several possibilities and the lakers are well aware of them and take my word, if they dont win the championship this year expect a few or maybe just one Free Agent here in LA next year, here are a few players that may come

Gary Payton - Milwaukee wants him back but Payton has stated that he wants to go to a championship contending team, Shaq has already said that he would love to have payton here next year and guess what as long as shaq and Kobe are here we will be a playoff team

Karl Malone - Karl also wants a championship however rumor has it that he wants to break the scoring records by Kareem, Karl at times has hinted that he wouldnt mind playing in LA and he could very well be a big part here, Kobe and Shaq would not have to play 48 minutes a game each, Karl would average like 18 poins damn imagine

Scottie Pippen - Portland wants him back too but Pippen also wants a championship, pippen thinks about LA because his old championship coach is here, Phil Jackson, he brought horace grant here so dont be surprised if pippen comes here, i just wished he would have come here a 3 years ago :P

and there are other free agents, with rick fox being out they gotta pick up another free agent and dont be surprised if guys like Samaki Walker or half the laker bench is gone cause they will be cleaning house for another multi championship run ;D

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:The Reign Ends
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2003, 11:57:36 PM »
It ain't over yet man...chill. but if lakers lose one more game..then its over.

i think what happen this year was that they just got fucking lazy...now that they won 3 championships in a row...theres nothin else to prove...so now their playing like shit.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2003, 11:58:46 PM by LaZ1e »

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 12:04:08 AM »
LOL yeah they got bored of winning championships, they need a new challenge now but Kobe and especially Shaq hate losing

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 12:04:37 AM »
cause in the past we fuckin killed the spurs

except for last year...when the Spurs basically gave up on 4th quarter double digit leads in all 4 losses.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 12:05:53 AM »
cause in the past we fuckin killed the spurs

except for last year...when the Spurs basically gave up on 4th quarter double digit leads in all 4 losses.

oh, and then there was that year before the Lakers won tha championship...when the Spurs won it, and swept the Lakers right out of the playoffs...only losing 2 games throughout the whole post season.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 12:21:42 AM »
yeah it was that strike year, the lakers had no guidance during those times, they had a bad ass team with van exel, kobe, jones, ceballos and shaq too bad they couldnt all work together

damn i just remember that year when Derek fisher went on a tear and the lakers just killed the spurs, in fact the same as this series except turned around lol

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 01:38:41 AM »
To my fellow Laker Fans, looks like our reign may end this year, dont get me wrong i still think they will put up a fight but damn down 2-0 aint helpin

I just thought i would brighten up our future a little.

Well if the Lakers do lose they will have lots to think about this summer. Rick Fox is gonna be out from 6 months to 1 year. We already know that the lakers are missing that certain something this year cause in the past we fuckin killed the spurs and whoever our first round opponents were, The Kings were really the only team that would give us any competition. anyways

During our first championship we had Glen Rice and the valuable experience of Ron Harper, Glen Rice was not the best fit to the lakers but he gave us 15 points something that nobody besides shaq and kobe have given us this year

our second championship we had Horace Grant and i dont gotta say much on what he brought us

during our third championship we had everybody just clicking the right way, Horry was playing real good, Fox too and everybody made valuable contributions and we had health on our side

This year ugggghhhhhhhh horry has been horrible on offense, especially on outside shooting, Fox and george are out,Kobe has been sluggish at times with his play too, his shooting hasnt been good and our team defense has gone to shit, Shaq has really been the only consistent one during the playoffs  put all this together and it means our reign is almost over, even if we manage to get by San Antonio which i doubt Sac is ready to kick our asses and they will this year

The reign however will comeback next year, already there are more than several possibilities and the lakers are well aware of them and take my word, if they dont win the championship this year expect a few or maybe just one Free Agent here in LA next year, here are a few players that may come

Gary Payton - Milwaukee wants him back but Payton has stated that he wants to go to a championship contending team, Shaq has already said that he would love to have payton here next year and guess what as long as shaq and Kobe are here we will be a playoff team

Karl Malone - Karl also wants a championship however rumor has it that he wants to break the scoring records by Kareem, Karl at times has hinted that he wouldnt mind playing in LA and he could very well be a big part here, Kobe and Shaq would not have to play 48 minutes a game each, Karl would average like 18 poins damn imagine

Scottie Pippen - Portland wants him back too but Pippen also wants a championship, pippen thinks about LA because his old championship coach is here, Phil Jackson, he brought horace grant here so dont be surprised if pippen comes here, i just wished he would have come here a 3 years ago :P

and there are other free agents, with rick fox being out they gotta pick up another free agent and dont be surprised if guys like Samaki Walker or half the laker bench is gone cause they will be cleaning house for another multi championship run ;D
man its not over yet...relax two games in san antonio won by san antonio....relax i still dont think i should worry yet.....if we lose the next game then doubt will start entering my head but the reign aint over yet trust me....we will win again this year.....my prediction didnt go through about lakers in 5 but fuck it lakers in 6.....it aint over til you win 4 games the kings and their fans should know that from last year  ;) ...so just relax and let the lakers take the next two at home and then take one in san antonio and then taking the last one here....lakers in 6

TheSheriff

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 05:22:15 AM »
I heard Jackson was looking at getting Kukoc and Abdur-Rahim as backups.

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2003, 11:52:28 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
right now the lakers getting anybody is a possibility but i havent heard those name mentioned yet

E.J. Rizo u right but we have to and I mean HAVE TO win game's 3 and 4, cause the spurs are so tough at home, Im a big laker fan but damn this is the toughest test yet for them

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2003, 01:31:57 PM »
basketball is gay yada yada yada

(dont trip.. jusss i know jack shit about bball... and when ignorant asses come in dissing soccer threads u know now how much of a dick u are being... i hope :P)

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2003, 02:37:26 PM »
basketball is gay yada yada yada

(dont trip.. jusss i know jack shit about bball... and when ignorant asses come in dissing soccer threads u know now how much of a dick u are being... i hope :P)

ooooooooo you motherfucker