Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14765 times)

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: DR. DRE - THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2022, 06:53:50 AM »
his people promoting the release was deffo the biggest confusion so far, they didn't even know it wasn't official.

This is hilarious.  Aftermath/Interscope, get your act together.  ::)
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Allgold

« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2022, 07:52:02 AM »
Can someone help me out and post a link or a link to the best quality version? Thanks in advance.

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2022, 08:39:20 AM »
Can someone help me out and post a link or a link to the best quality version? Thanks in advance.

Try google, you will find a lot of links!

Sccit

« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2022, 08:43:25 AM »
Try google, you will find a lot of links!

most are shitty

the best one was posted here about 2 weeks ago

don’t have it but i’m sure someone does

Sccit

« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2022, 09:45:20 AM »

Orbyte

« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2022, 06:34:33 PM »
FLAC: https://mega.nz/folder/zRRHgIAL#TU-d3EPnnge5YNrIkh48kw

This is the best rip yet.

The following users thanked this post: Allgold

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2022, 01:28:36 PM »
If the songs are intentionally unpolished, it's really weird that they didn't explain to the fans from the get-go that the songs are intentionally unpolished.  This is doubly so once they found out that the songs leaked and got added to Spotify.  You would think they would have gone into damage control mode immediately and explained to everyone that the songs are intentionally unpolished.  So regardless of whether they are reverse engineering an explanation or actually telling the truth, either way it seems as if everybody involved got caught flat-footed about all this.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sccit

« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2022, 02:40:27 PM »
If the songs are intentionally unpolished, it's really weird that they didn't explain to the fans from the get-go that the songs are intentionally unpolished.  This is doubly so once they found out that the songs leaked and got added to Spotify.  You would think they would have gone into damage control mode immediately and explained to everyone that the songs are intentionally unpolished.  So regardless of whether they are reverse engineering an explanation or actually telling the truth, either way it seems as if everybody involved got caught flat-footed about all this.

it’s not damage control lol the game explains it once u play

they’re unfinished tracks stolen from dre’s phone

mtbsm

« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2022, 04:11:33 PM »
Damn might as well let the fans eat and give them 400 of these unfinished joints

jerseymike

« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2022, 07:07:52 AM »
thats because they are not intentionally unpolished, theyre 100% finished songs. its just being marketed by rockstar as "unreleased demos" as part of the game mission storyline. anyone thinking these songs are actually unfinished or not mixed in real life is just kidding themselves/making excuses to hide the fact theyre not good songs. theyre just weak leftover songs, not unfinished demos lmao.

The following users thanked this post: Nooc210

Sccit

« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2022, 08:19:58 AM »
thats because they are not intentionally unpolished, theyre 100% finished songs. its just being marketed by rockstar as "unreleased demos" as part of the game mission storyline. anyone thinking these songs are actually unfinished or not mixed in real life is just kidding themselves/making excuses to hide the fact theyre not good songs. theyre just weak leftover songs, not unfinished demos lmao.

so the stuff that leaked on spotify is the fully mastered complete version?

do better

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2022, 09:49:57 AM »
it’s not damage control lol the game explains it once u play

they’re unfinished tracks stolen from dre’s phone

I feel you, I'm just saying I'm surprised it took two weeks for an explanation for why the tracks sound so bad to come out.  Maybe they didn't want to offer an explanation right away because that would be spoiling a plot line from the game.  Still, you would expect Dre's associates to have hinted at it on Twitter, like DOC.  Unless nobody but Dre knew about the game's plot line to begin with.

Anyway, I also find it funny that the game is suggesting that Dre keeps unfinished versions of his music on his phone.  I guess I never really thought about it; I always assumed artists keep their music locked away "in the vault," but I guess that means they also keep it on their phone as well lol.  :D

jerseymike

« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2022, 10:15:11 AM »

so the stuff that leaked on spotify is the fully mastered complete version?

do better
no lmao, those were the dumb mono leaks that leaked first and some random fan uploaded those to spotify. those werent mastered at all. but theyre were the exact same finished versions of the songs as the cdq stereo versions that leaked afterwards.

Sccit

« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2022, 01:35:21 PM »
no lmao, those were the dumb mono leaks that leaked first and some random fan uploaded those to spotify. those werent mastered at all. but theyre were the exact same finished versions of the songs as the cdq stereo versions that leaked afterwards.

the cdq never leaked lol

Sccit

« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2022, 01:37:08 PM »
I feel you, I'm just saying I'm surprised it took two weeks for an explanation for why the tracks sound so bad to come out.  Maybe they didn't want to offer an explanation right away because that would be spoiling a plot line from the game.  Still, you would expect Dre's associates to have hinted at it on Twitter, like DOC.  Unless nobody but Dre knew about the game's plot line to begin with.

Anyway, I also find it funny that the game is suggesting that Dre keeps unfinished versions of his music on his phone.  I guess I never really thought about it; I always assumed artists keep their music locked away "in the vault," but I guess that means they also keep it on their phone as well lol.  :D

the vault is an old concept, pre digital age

vault turned into harddrive which turned into smartphones

The following users thanked this post: Detox Is A Myth!!!, Marco, Duck Duck Doggy