Author Topic: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)  (Read 14771 times)

BenFranco

Re: DR. DRE - GRAND THEFT AUTO: THE CONTRACT EP (Official Discussion)
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2022, 08:01:47 PM »
For real this EP is garbage
Gospel music - the beat is dope, Dre verse is ok but he’s not there to “kill” it, if let’s say offset or 21 was on that Dre part they would kill it (yea I can mention them when you have a weak ass rick ross verse over there) Eminem sound like a relapse garbage flow like why you bring this flow again ? Ok we can understand you better than 2005-2009 era but damn this flow is wack!
ETA - beat is nice fuck Anderson pakk for ruin another track and snoop ? I hate to admit it but snoop just straight up kill it!!! - when I’m listening to him on this track It remains me his flow from his old 2003 mixtape track with badazz - all I want. Snoop is shining over there and have the best moments of all the e.p
All other tracks - for real bullshit I’m not going to play them again the nipsey track sound so forced and I didn’t like it and of course cut mr Anderson pakk he keep ruin every track with his voice it feels like he cries for real

Now one last and most important thing - Dre needs to start using 808’s drums and bass and start progress. like back in the day when he change the game this days the game has changed and Dre has nothing to do with it so why not changing the drums and bass and bring your own touch on the 808’s ?

One last thing for real Dre needs to produce a snoop dogg album just give us that that’s it peace ✌️
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 08:35:14 PM by BenoBenRadio »

Sccit

« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2022, 09:52:43 PM »
trumpets turned down on Scenic Route...WTF?!?!

the youtube version is way sicker... song of the year stuff

i don’t understand what’s goin on here, but i’m really thinkin it has something to do wit the storyline of the video game  (unfinished tracks got stolen and leaked)

the fact that it’s mastered by 2 different people is mind boggling .. definitely not something you’d expect of dre 

Sccit

« Reply #257 on: February 05, 2022, 09:54:34 PM »

the silibance in the vocals is really nasty. was like that before, same deal now just less harsh due to less compression. i guess they were made as 'unfinished' tracks for the game as mentioned before, then somewhat cleaned up for the proper release. but not really finished tracks in the usual way, if that makes any sense. all pretty confusing.

exactly

the bass still isn’t poppin like you’d expect from dre

Orbyte

« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2022, 04:36:54 AM »
Now one last and most important thing - Dre needs to start using 808’s drums and bass and start progress. like back in the day when he change the game this days the game has changed and Dre has nothing to do with it so why not changing the drums and bass and bring your own touch on the 808’s ?

Orbyte

« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2022, 04:41:14 AM »

i don’t understand what’s goin on here, but i’m really thinkin it has something to do wit the storyline of the video game  (unfinished tracks got stolen and leaked)

the fact that it’s mastered by 2 different people is mind boggling .. definitely not something you’d expect of dre
Yeah they are supposed to be tracks which Dre started in GTA but never finished. The problem is: Dre tweaked some of them for the release. And made some tracks even worse.

All he had to do was turn up some instruments, but he turned them DOWN and now the tracks sound embarassingly bad for dre standards.

Okka

« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2022, 05:16:39 AM »
I think this is the tracklist order. It was posted by Mike N Keys on their Instagram page some time ago.

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2022, 05:41:42 AM »
I think this is the tracklist order. It was posted by Mike N Keys on their Instagram page some time ago.

it is, i posted it before

« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 03:49:27 AM by Mr. Sunshine »

AftermathBeats

« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2022, 07:45:14 AM »
Yeah they are supposed to be tracks which Dre started in GTA but never finished. The problem is: Dre tweaked some of them for the release. And made some tracks even worse.

All he had to do was turn up some instruments, but he turned them DOWN and now the tracks sound embarassingly bad for dre standards.

Dre mixed the tracks in raw condition, they are mastered by others who are responsible for the sound state, including even Bernie Grundman mastering, so there are enough people stretch it notices that a filter is missing before it goes out

Sccit

« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2022, 07:56:44 AM »

if u check the link i posted earlier, its the full album in order

here:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5HjSyt3fXec8WoZptkGH9x?si=Crnaj6mZQUG2_NqvFeAmcg

astra4322

« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2022, 08:42:25 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks that Gospel has the worse mastering?

Sccit

« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2022, 09:08:04 AM »

yes

Orbyte

« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2022, 09:32:20 AM »
Nah, I'm with you on this one.  I probably won't listen to it if it sounds like this.

Sccit

« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2022, 09:52:32 AM »
Nah, I'm with you on this one.  I probably won't listen to it if it sounds like this.

gospel sounds worse than black privilege to you?

astra4322

« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2022, 09:56:16 AM »
gospel sounds worse than black privilege to you?
[/quoteas]
As for me - yes.

Mr. Sunshine

« Reply #269 on: February 07, 2022, 09:52:17 AM »
For real this EP is garbage
Gospel music - the beat is dope, Dre verse is ok but he’s not there to “kill” it, if let’s say offset or 21 was on that Dre part they would kill it (yea I can mention them when you have a weak ass rick ross verse over there) Eminem sound like a relapse garbage flow like why you bring this flow again ? Ok we can understand you better than 2005-2009 era but damn this flow is wack!
ETA - beat is nice fuck Anderson pakk for ruin another track and snoop ? I hate to admit it but snoop just straight up kill it!!! - when I’m listening to him on this track It remains me his flow from his old 2003 mixtape track with badazz - all I want. Snoop is shining over there and have the best moments of all the e.p
All other tracks - for real bullshit I’m not going to play them again the nipsey track sound so forced and I didn’t like it and of course cut mr Anderson pakk he keep ruin every track with his voice it feels like he cries for real

One last thing for real Dre needs to produce a snoop dogg album just give us that that’s it peace ✌️

For me Anderson . Paak is a great WIN for Aftermath! The Scenic Route (Feat. Rick Ross & Anderson .Paak) without Rick Ross (i never liked him) and another Rapper (Snoop, Busta, X-Zibit the list goes on&on) going back and forth with Dre would be great, his Hook is great as fuck, maybe himself like ETA!By the way ETA, could be a leftover from Oxnard, reminds me Anywhere (Feat. Snoop Dogg & The Last Artful, Dodgr) also produced by J.LBS ! i don't know how often they meet in the studio, but Anderson .Paak - Bubblin aka the Remix feat. Busta too

by the way they all Sounds like Leftovers apart from
Fallin Up (Feat. Thurz & Cocoa Sarai)