Author Topic: E3 2003 (videogame expo)  (Read 897 times)

elneckio

Re:E3 2003 (videogame expo)
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2003, 02:18:10 PM »
Official Doom 3 video out :)

Contains all of the shaky cam footage from earlier plus loads more !

(32meg)

http://www.planetquake3.net/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=1616
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Jome

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2003, 05:44:18 PM »
Official Doom 3 video out :)

Contains all of the shaky cam footage from earlier plus loads more !

(32meg)

http://www.planetquake3.net/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=1616

Sweet, thx..  8)

Immortal

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2003, 06:53:03 PM »
doom 3 is fine as it was expected to be...i feel its easier playing 3d games on PC however because of the mouse and the luxury of excessive buttons that you have...the only challenge is buying the latest video card...

Xbox is fine for racing games and so on...not sure about 3d..plus theres a hassle for internet gameplay and stuff..u have to pay extra for it andsometimes u need extra joysticks or accessories..its a hasle overall

so imma stick to Pc games when it comes to first person shooter

for the rest..ill gladly go with xbox

"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Immortal

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2003, 06:55:03 PM »
also the prob with xbox is that u cant setr up a homebound network...for example if youi have 3 - 4 pcs on ur house and have a rooter , then u can easily play 3d games or whatever with each other using PC...i don know if xbox has that capability
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2003, 10:08:35 PM »
also the prob with xbox is that u cant setr up a homebound network...for example if youi have 3 - 4 pcs on ur house and have a rooter , then u can easily play 3d games or whatever with each other using PC...i don know if xbox has that capability

Yea its called a system link cable  ;)

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2003, 12:00:04 AM »
doom 3 is fine as it was expected to be...i feel its easier playing 3d games on PC however because of the mouse and the luxury of excessive buttons that you have...the only challenge is buying the latest video card...

Xbox is fine for racing games and so on...not sure about 3d..plus theres a hassle for internet gameplay and stuff..u have to pay extra for it andsometimes u need extra joysticks or accessories..its a hasle overall

so imma stick to Pc games when it comes to first person shooter

for the rest..ill gladly go with xbox

hell yeah 1st person shooter games are way better on the computer.....much better.....consols suck  for it compared to computers

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2003, 12:11:30 AM »
Damn, yall have your head stuck up your ass.  You didn't mention anything nintendo's doing...

Oh... how about, they're resurrecting the Pac Man series... that's pretty newsworthy, isn't it?  Something about it can be multiplayer where you can be the ghosts instead of pac man, or something.  Sounds intriguing.

Starfox 2 returns to the shooting style of the earlier games, mixed in with the on-ground style of star fox adventures.  You can select from different vehicles, switch between them, etc.... looks awesome.

Metroid Prime 2 is already in production.

Mario Kart looks awesome, you have two people in each cart now.

Wario's World, F Zero, Mario Golf, etc. all look great.  

Gamecube has a gameboy player out this month, plays ALL the classic gameboy, gameboy color, and gameboy advance games (which effectively increases the gamecube library by over 1000+ games).

Gamecube takes over this year.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2003, 12:14:00 AM »
Forgot to mention the suggested retail of the gamecube player is only like 39 bucks, too.  Sony & Xbox don't even have a portable system, nintendo has 3 and over 1000 games you can add to your system for 39 bucks and whatever the cost of the used games you can find is?  I think that's a hella deal.  

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2003, 02:51:42 PM »
dont u think nintendo does more childish games? just a question, I do.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2003, 04:00:57 PM »
I dont know about gamecube taking over

so far all 3 systems seem to be coming strong

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2003, 04:02:04 PM »
have any of yall seen that trailer for Tony Hawk Underground?

peep it at www.ign.com

that game looks fuckin TITE!

elneckio

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2003, 08:44:52 AM »
Half Life 2 Footage From E3

This is the most amazing footage I have seen in the games world since the Quake 1 test demo came out !

The physics engine looks amazing, destructive environments, ragdoll physics on characters, loads of stuff, looks like a real jump in technology.  Theres even a demo of you in control of aliens :)

200meg of videos from press conference at E3, mirrors below, if you have broadband then this is really worth checking out.

ftp://ftp.starfleet.hu/pub/cstrike/hl2/e3_hl2movies.zip
ftp://ftp.vein.hu/pub/windows/games/e3/e3_hl2movies.zip
http://hw.groove.hu/e3_hl2movies.zip
http://prodigy.redphive.org/files/e3_hl2movies.zip
http://sly.counter-strike.hu/ftp/videok/e3_hl2movies.zip
(these found at neowin.net)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2003, 10:08:27 PM »
^^WOW. Thanks for the links