Author Topic: Big Noyd of Mob Deep dropped a mid-90’s gem that only sold 30,000  (Read 183 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Another reason I don’t listen to anything new (except Torpor) because I found yet another gem from the mid-90’s I never heard before—and of course everyone will come on the thread and be like “Infinite you don’t know shit about hiphop how did you not know about Big Noyd Episodes of a Hustla album—shut the fucc up the album only sold 30,000 so apparantly I’m not the only one who slept—but I’m sure everyone else at the forum knew but me and was one of the 30,000 that bought his album.

Prodigy’s classic Autobiography speaks a lot on this dude and made me want to check the album.  The autobiography is incredible—trading gun shots with Nore and knife fights with Lost Boyz—big Noyd was locked up when the album dropped

^^this song is more recent and from his 3rd album
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 12:42:18 AM by TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96' »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

Re: Big Noyd of Mob Deep dropped a mid-90’s gem that only sold 30,000
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2022, 04:39:55 AM »
yeah Noyd goes back with Mobb to their 1st album "Juvenile Hell"...from then on he killed his spots on future Mobb Deep releases

QB legend but like you said his first album was slept on and probably only bought in Queens

The Predator

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2022, 11:34:06 AM »
Noyd's debut got some of that old gutter Mobb Deep sound sprinkled on it.

Okka

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 06:54:08 AM »
I own his first three albums. Shame the first one only sold so little, but it wasn't really a full album though. Noyd didn't get to finish it. It's a classic to me anyway. Second and third album go hard too. I'm a huge Noyd fan. Deserved a bigger career. The song in OP is from his sixth album "Illustrious" though.

The following users thanked this post: HighEyeCue

HighEyeCue

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 10:34:50 AM »
I own his first three albums. Shame the first one only sold so little, but it wasn't really a full album though. Noyd didn't get to finish it. It's a classic to me anyway. Second and third album go hard too. I'm a huge Noyd fan. Deserved a bigger career. The song in OP is from his sixth album "Illustrious" though.

competition was so fierce back in '96...if you didn't have some type of commercial appeal you didn't sell

I have never been subscribed to the theory that sales equal quality anyways...sure you will have albums like AEOM and Doggystyle which both are legendary and big sellers but then you will have albums like Soul on Ice and At the Speed of Life

The following users thanked this post: Okka, Dee Tha AK

DJSpin

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 08:54:20 AM »
Amazing album. Bangs from to back.

The following users thanked this post: Okka