Author Topic: Save your money ~ Matrix 2 is a bust  (Read 1861 times)

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Save your money ~ Matrix 2 is a bust
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2003, 01:14:05 PM »
excellent explanation blade ..thats kinda about what i got from it..though i could've never explained it like that...feel free to post any more insight  8)

Immortal

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2003, 01:46:08 PM »
excellent explanation blade ..thats kinda about what i got from it..though i could've never explained it like that...feel free to post any more insight  8)

word 8)
"Tha Immortality of my Fame is the measure of others torture..."--GZA

Sub-Z

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 02:00:18 PM »
i wont mind payin $8 for a movie ticket, coz even if it is boring, its cheaper then rent.  ;)

where the hell do you rent your movies from !?!

Third AntiChrist

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 02:15:21 PM »
-POSITIVE-

SOURCE RATING THE GIST
E! Online  A- … one of those rare sequels that's bigger and better than the first. more

Entertainment Weekly  B … insanely pretentious and dazzling … more

Film Journal International  N/A Is it as good as The Matrix? No, but it does offer hope that the final installment will be a knockout. more

FilmCritic.com  4 stars/5 As inane as the bulk of the storyline is, make no mistake: This is a movie about kicking ass. more

New York Post  3 stars/4 … while it's exhilarating fun … this reboot never really hits the heights of the ultra-cool The Matrix … more

USA Today  3 stars/4 The Matrix Reloaded needs a system upgrade. And to its credit, it eventually gets one. more

Village Voice  N/A … sexier, or at least sweatier, than its precursor. more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-NEGATIVE-

SOURCE RATING THE GIST
Slant Magazine 1˝ stars/4 … a barrage of kick-ass special effects frequently and embarrassingly punctuated by trite philosophical thought … more

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-MIXED-

SOURCE RATING THE GIST
Chicago Tribune 2 stars/4 … although the technical aspects don't disappoint, the human ones do. more

Hollywood Reporter N/A … computer technology and overkill supplant the ingenuity of the original film's action. more

Los Angeles Times N/A … simply not as satisfying as the original. more

New York Times N/A … seeks to increase the emotional stakes — which it doesn't quite accomplish … more

Rolling Stone 3 stars/5 Loved the idea of a sequel to The Matrix, hated the hit-and-miss execution. more

TV Guide 3 stars/5 … pure, computer-generated spectacle, diverting in the moment but ultimately disposable. more

Variety N/A … certainly delivers enough thrills, kicks and cool moments to satiate geeks, fans and mere general viewers worldwide …  

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2003, 03:27:11 PM »
one of the most intricate and real-life related storylines ever created..

i give this movie a 11/10.. the action scenes are just a bonus.. the story itself is amazing.. i suppose its just that all you shallow people dont understand it.. then rejection.
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Immortal

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2003, 03:45:23 PM »
omg...i just checked out the final explanation of the MAtrix 2 in connection with Matrix 1. Omg...omg...this dude who cracked it down is a genius..hes basically explained the unexplained in reloaded and in the 1st matrix...its all good now...omg..the Wachowski brothers are geniuses....they have created a mindboggling thriller and masterppiece (MATrix).

ill post the site in some time...its obviously a spoiler..but omg :o

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2003, 04:02:35 PM »
gimme da link man.. there are still some questions i got..

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Immortal

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2003, 04:31:34 PM »
Heres the link

Warning: If you haven't yet seen the movie, don't click on the link

http://www.coronaproductions.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001913.html

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2003, 04:58:13 PM »
Well, theres only one story line.  (spoilers below..)

In a nutshell, putting all the insane symbolism and philosphy aside....
The prophecy states that Neo has to get to the source, and the person who can get him there is the keymaker.  Once he meets the Architect(source), he tells Neo all about the matrix.  The first version was flawless, but humans being imperfect rejected the idea.  So another one was made, it was "redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature." However, there still remained a problem with the system.
Then a program, which is called The Oracle, figured out a way to get 99.9% of the humans to accept the matrix as reality.  They were given a choice, to wake up or to continue living in a dream world.  But the thing is, that was false, there was no choice, they were simply made to beleive they were free and to create Zion.  The machines have set in motion a plan to ensure that they will all eventually be destroyed and the cycle will start over again. The machine's solutions was to create a program and "implant" it in the brain of a human, creating The One.  
So while Neo thought he was freeing people, he was actually uprooting anomalies which could damage the matrix.  You see, the machines needed him, they fooled him and the others into thinking they were free, so all the anomalies(people who sense something is wrong, kinda like Neo before he was unplugged) would get out of the Matrix.  Kinda like a weedkiller.
Now Neo is the 6th version of 'The One', and him, along with the 5 Ones before him, were programmed to have a profound attachment with humans, i'll tell you why in a sec.
So now the Architect gives him a choice between 2 doors, the door on the right will lead to Zion, where he will be able to select 23 indiviuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion : The salvation of Zion.
The door to his left wil llead back to matrix, back to Trinity, but Zion will be destroyed, along with every human attached to the matrix, and the matrix will crash and reboot (or so we are told).  He chooses the door on his left, logically assuming that the previous 5 ones took the other door.
Now the thing is, Neo was programmed to have a love for humanity, to help humans, to be human.  However, Neo is different, he does not experience simply a general attachement to humanity, he experiences a direct and profound connection to a single human. Love. Trinity
So he does save Trinity(despite what Architect said bout how shes gonna die anyway)

Oh yeah Agent Smith has an important role, as he's become more like a virus, and a rebel of somesort.  Now him and neo are the only two programs who can exist outside the matrix(Smith took over Bane)

(End of Spoilers...)

Now, The Matrix was one mind blowing movie, but lets see, technically Reloaded had a much more complex storylines, detailed and amazingly cohreographed fight scenes, and better, revolutionary FX.
Plus Realoded is amazing considering it has no beggening or ending(in a sense) ...
Well in the end it really depends on personal prefrence i guess...peace

-{bLaDe}

you wanna be my witness at the marriage? ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2003, 05:21:08 PM »
damn read that link posted....some people are loosing sleep over this

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2003, 08:41:21 AM »
well alot of folks have either said the film was great or weak, cuz sum shit like the flying scenes were becommmin on stupid and sum of the scenes were meant to look real computerised.......like u could tell it was made on computer............but y'all shouldnt front on ppls opinions, theres always ppl who say uits great n ppl who say its wack........

personally i cant wait to watch it afta enjoying the first film but like my expectations aint as high as befo afta what everyones been sayin, but i'll tell u wat i think afta i watch it!

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2003, 09:35:41 PM »
Well, theres only one story line.  (spoilers below..)

In a nutshell, putting all the insane symbolism and philosphy aside....
The prophecy states that Neo has to get to the source, and the person who can get him there is the keymaker.  Once he meets the Architect(source), he tells Neo all about the matrix.  The first version was flawless, but humans being imperfect rejected the idea.  So another one was made, it was "redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature." However, there still remained a problem with the system.
Then a program, which is called The Oracle, figured out a way to get 99.9% of the humans to accept the matrix as reality.  They were given a choice, to wake up or to continue living in a dream world.  But the thing is, that was false, there was no choice, they were simply made to beleive they were free and to create Zion.  The machines have set in motion a plan to ensure that they will all eventually be destroyed and the cycle will start over again. The machine's solutions was to create a program and "implant" it in the brain of a human, creating The One.  
So while Neo thought he was freeing people, he was actually uprooting anomalies which could damage the matrix.  You see, the machines needed him, they fooled him and the others into thinking they were free, so all the anomalies(people who sense something is wrong, kinda like Neo before he was unplugged) would get out of the Matrix.  Kinda like a weedkiller.
Now Neo is the 6th version of 'The One', and him, along with the 5 Ones before him, were programmed to have a profound attachment with humans, i'll tell you why in a sec.
So now the Architect gives him a choice between 2 doors, the door on the right will lead to Zion, where he will be able to select 23 indiviuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion : The salvation of Zion.
The door to his left wil llead back to matrix, back to Trinity, but Zion will be destroyed, along with every human attached to the matrix, and the matrix will crash and reboot (or so we are told).  He chooses the door on his left, logically assuming that the previous 5 ones took the other door.
Now the thing is, Neo was programmed to have a love for humanity, to help humans, to be human.  However, Neo is different, he does not experience simply a general attachement to humanity, he experiences a direct and profound connection to a single human. Love. Trinity
So he does save Trinity(despite what Architect said bout how shes gonna die anyway)

Oh yeah Agent Smith has an important role, as he's become more like a virus, and a rebel of somesort.  Now him and neo are the only two programs who can exist outside the matrix(Smith took over Bane)

(End of Spoilers...)

Now, The Matrix was one mind blowing movie, but lets see, technically Reloaded had a much more complex storylines, detailed and amazingly cohreographed fight scenes, and better, revolutionary FX.
Plus Realoded is amazing considering it has no beggening or ending(in a sense) ...
Well in the end it really depends on personal prefrence i guess...peace

-{bLaDe}

If you didnt break it down then I wouldnt of gotten it either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

-KuNiVaA-

• Lil Geezy
  • Belizean Pride!
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2003, 10:22:32 PM »
Yea, supposedly Zion was to be destroyed, but why in the previews (stay till the credits end, you'll see the previews for Revolution) they show Zion and those big machines being used, it all makes no sense, so was the prophecy true or not?  any way or the other, i thought the movie was really good, the actions is wild, just all around great...
"Aiyyo, you betta flee Hobbes, or get your head flown three blocks, L keep rapper's hearts pumpin like Reeboks" - Big L

Third AntiChrist

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2003, 11:11:45 PM »
I can appreciate the storyline now that I have had to time to think about it more  :D

But I still can't get over the fact how boring this movie was

Also..........did you guys know the ORACLE died during taping of the film

you think it might have effected the storyline

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2003, 10:46:53 AM »
really? fuck.. ya i peeped that matrix link thing and everyone has thier own opinion and all of 'em make sense.. i think we just chillin to matrix 3, excellent movie no doubt, WB did a much better job than i thought they would, that was probably one of the hardest movies to mack technologically speaking.

thats how we do..