Author Topic: Matrix - the game  (Read 344 times)

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Matrix - the game
« on: June 03, 2003, 07:01:03 AM »
Hey got this about a week ago..kinda hooked...

...just wondering who else got it / played it and what y'all think

(i got it on gamecube)

holla

pe@Ce
« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 07:04:33 AM by OpTiCaL »

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:Matriz - the game
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 07:03:35 AM »
Do you mean Enter The Matrix, because i've never heard of Matriz?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
Re:Matrix - the game
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 07:08:22 AM »
re-read bro...don  t be so pedantic...it doesnt suit you

i edited that typo at same time you posted that  :-*

pz

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2003, 07:19:29 AM »
Yeah i've got it (i'm sorry, i thought it might have been some Japanese game, they have weird titles, ie Wetrix - My mate told me about that a few years ago and i thought he was taking the piss) for the PS2 and it's quite a poor game but I love it as well (except the driving levels, they are just plain wack). It feels like it needed about another 6 months in development so they could give it a more polished feel, but the focus aka bullet time makes up for it. Just. And i like the way the characters get more moves the further you get in the game, it hekps to keep it exciting. But it's probably better suited as a game you'd rent than buy, because i'm sure when i complete it i'll hardly play it again.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2003, 08:09:18 AM »
Its cooll...yeah you right bro they do have some weird assed games out there...

...im glad i bought it but i dont think i will play it alot once i complete it...

...just think the game is one of the best ive seen in a while with well polished fmv fitting in so tightly with gameplay...and yeah the bullettime manouvers are superb...ive become quite a lethal assassin (worring lol)

the graphics are awesome and the controls once you get used to them are so smooth its like almost playing a movie....and the fmv sequences i feel draw me in...part of me wants to carry on watching the film and not get back into the game just yet lol

PZ

elneckio

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2003, 09:28:08 AM »
Does the storyline mix in with Reloaded much or have they seperated it apart from the beginning and end ?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2003, 09:38:39 AM by elneckio »
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2003, 09:44:56 AM »
It feels like it needed about another 6 months in development so they could give it a more polished feel, but the focus aka bullet time makes up for it. Just. And i like the way the characters get more moves the further you get in the game, it hekps to keep it exciting. But it's probably better suited as a game you'd rent than buy, because i'm sure when i complete it i'll hardly play it again.

True. I fuckin' hate the drivin' levels... :)
"Max Payne" shits all over "Enter The Matrix" but it's still a quite nice game (you have to be a fan of the movies though).

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2003, 11:07:35 AM »
I played the game on Gamecube and that shit is pretty hard...Still a good game though...I may pick it up sometime...Pretty dope game

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2003, 02:55:12 PM »
how long does it take for completing if you're a horrorcore player? if it's 2-3 days ima rent it.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2003, 04:36:05 PM »
dammn.. lol.. there is some dope shit you can do in focus.. i rented it last night and even though i wasnt really hooked, i had fun goin gung ho on all the popo.
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2003, 12:50:09 AM »
I've been wanting to Rent this... It's supposed to have an Hour of never before seen footage from RELOADED... I thought tha Driving missions looked cool... they're usually simple but fun..

someone said it's not as good as Max Payne... I didn't really like Max Payne though so I'm hoping we just got different taste and it really doesn't suck that bad...

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2003, 02:50:51 AM »
i havent played this yet, but i hope to soon. looks pretty good.

kick ass album

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2003, 03:24:34 AM »
I've been wanting to Rent this... It's supposed to have an Hour of never before seen footage from RELOADED... I thought tha Driving missions looked cool... they're usually simple but fun..

someone said it's not as good as Max Payne... I didn't really like Max Payne though so I'm hoping we just got different taste and it really doesn't suck that bad...

I liked max payne...this style of games is my favourite ranging from unreal tournament to timesplitters...i love ist person kill em in as many ways as possible type games...

...esp when you can creep up on em n silently kill them...to sniping head shots to all out mass murder with big guns..... hehe

i think its the clever way this game is made that makes it for me too..the fmv are outstanding...and the moves you pick up as you go along...esp in bullet time mode...

...amazing

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2003, 05:14:07 AM »

i love ist person kill em in as many ways as possible type games...

...esp when you can creep up on em n silently kill them...to sniping head shots to all out mass murder with big guns..... hehe

...amazing

:o  bad girl  ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2003, 11:54:25 AM »
I seen it, ain't played it myself, and I got the idea that the content & plot is off the heezy, but the implementation fails. Heard it got all kinds of bugs & shit, especially the PC version (the only version of interest to me, 'cause I ain't got that cash to buy me an X-Box).