Author Topic: should there be a Simpons movie??  (Read 557 times)

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
should there be a Simpons movie??
« on: June 19, 2003, 03:11:26 PM »
there sure as hell should be a simpsons movie cause they already made like more than 100 episodes that they should be on the big screen,i would be funny as fuck

Skindiana bon3z

Re:should there be a Simpons movie??
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 04:31:35 PM »
Yeah I think there should be a movie...All good shows end up making a movie...so this one sure as hell gotta make a movie cause this show is dope...

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 03:19:33 AM »
Rated R hopefully  ;D

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 03:24:49 AM »
Yeah, they done like 325 episodes lol, and are on for at least one more season. The rumor is they signed a contract a couple years ago saying that after the series was done, they were going to do 3 movies.

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 03:26:55 AM »
no! the simpsons is a classic as it is on tv right now. i don't see it being as good with one long episode as it is right now. i'd be the first one to see it though ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 04:02:57 AM »
would be tight... lot of pressure not to fuck up tho

bez

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2003, 04:34:13 AM »
I dont mind watching a 20 minute episode but a 1 hour and 30 mins film wudda have to been hella tight to keep me in the cinema.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2003, 07:44:00 AM »
I don't think they should.  If they don't, it'll go down in history as one of the greatest sitcoms of all time.  Look at stuff like "All in the family"... that shows legendary, and they didn't do a movie.  A movie just gives them the opportunity to screw things up.  Plus, movies are always meant to be 'all inclusive' or represent the series as a whole, but they've got so many characters (probably 30 or so) that they'd never do them all justice, then everybody'd be like "Why wasn't the comic book store guy in the movie? DAMMIT!!!!"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2003, 02:14:45 PM »
yeah matt groening said he probably won't do it , because of all the money surrounding the show, it costs 1.5 million to make just 1 show, so a whole movie would probab cost a WHOLE hella lot more to make, plus it takes 6 months to make just 1 episode......so yeah it'd be a while to put on screen, just think rakim's album ,lol.  also he said there's too many outside investors/advertisers wanting this to happen that people would get wrapped up in the money instead of the quality , and most importantly he said it'd be too much to ask from his writers, they strain themselves enough.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2003, 02:30:47 PM »
would be tight... lot of pressure not to fuck up tho

yea i agree

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 02:48:09 PM »
If they can pull off something real dope and hilarious, sure.  But if they don't, then it'll kinda ruin the whole legacy.  

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Sub-Z

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 03:13:22 PM »
no,the movie would turn out horrible and the simpsons name would be tarnished FOREVEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2003, 09:13:07 PM »
I hate to argue with you :) but there's no way it takes 6 months to do an episode.  Maybe they have little teams that work on an episode a piece, and it takes the little team 6 months to finish, but you do realize they release 13-14 episodes a season, right?  How do you add that up?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2003, 12:30:40 AM »
I hate to argue with you :) but there's no way it takes 6 months to do an episode.  Maybe they have little teams that work on an episode a piece, and it takes the little team 6 months to finish, but you do realize they release 13-14 episodes a season, right?  How do you add that up?

nah it's cool man, but they don't do the show's consecutively either. they don't do the first show of the season first then the second then work on the third. they work on them all and each show as a whole takes 6 months to complete. so one week you got the season opener done then half way through next week you're wrapping up the second one , and ect. The writers , write the shows usually 1-2 years in advance most of it is just drawing and sequencing it. plus 6 months was just an average given by Matt Groening. i'm sure through computers , it's a lot faster now though.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2003, 12:55:35 PM »
DEFFINATELY