Author Topic: Smackdown - Big Show's Weight  (Read 1317 times)

Trauma-san

Smackdown - Big Show's Weight
« on: June 19, 2003, 07:47:14 PM »
WEll, I just saw Smackdown.  If yall watched last week, the Big Show was superplexed off the top rope by Brock Lesnar, Big Show weighs PROBABLY 550 or so, and when they landed, the ring was rigged to collapse.  Brock Lesnar's been F-5ing the big show (picking him up on his shoulders, then throwing him down) frequently, and that is a superhuman feat, I think.  The guy HAS to weigh 550.  They advertise him as weighing 500, but they've been saying that since he started, and back then he probably only weighed 450 or so, now he's got to be over 5, he's too damn big.  His Gigantism is starting to kick in, and he's getting slobby fat.  

Now, at the end of Smackdown tonight, Big Show got out of the F-5, and got off Brock's Shoulders.  Team Angle ran down and started beating up Brock, and then Kurt Angle ran in for the save... he hit the Big Show with the Angle Slam (basically, lift him a little off the ground with your shoulders, and fall backwards dropping him down with your weight).  So, it wasn't really THAT big of a deal, but Angle did probably have the whole 550 or so pounds on him for a couple seconds.  Not as big of a deal as Brock picking Big Show up on his shoulders, but still, a big damn deal, since Brock probably weighs 300, and Kurt Angle's only at about 260 or so.  

Well, Team angle and the Big Show both started beating up on Kurt Angle and Brock... so, HULK HOGAN (Mr. America) runs to the ring, for the save.  He rips off his shirt, and throws big show to the ropes, kicks him, and knocks him down.  Hogan then starts motioning to the crowd that he's gonna body slam the Big Show.  Big Show turns around, Hogan tries to pick him up, they knock him off, beat him up, etc. etc. etc.

Now, the question is... this is obviously leading to a Mr. America/Big Show feud somewhere down the line.  Will Hogan, or Will Hogan not be able to Body Slam him?  I don't think they would have had Hogan motion that he was gonna do it, unless they intend on trying to pull it off.

17 Years ago, Hogan weighed about 300 when he fought Andre the Giant, and he pretty cleanly body slammed him, Andre weighed probably 600 pounds or so, maybe even more at the time.  Nobody really knows, I guess, but you can look at Footage and see that andre was so incredibly out of shape, that he was much, much bigger than the big show is right now.  To most kids who were around then, that was a pretty damn big feat, Hogan actually picked that fucker up and body slammed him.  He said later on (years later) on wcw one time backstage that he ripped his back muscle when he did it (he's got a little dent in his wing when he flexes, that he says is from slamming Andre).  

He's been talking about Slamming Andre for years now, he always exagerates and says "When I picked Andre The Giant, God Bless His Soul, All 700 Pounds Over the Top Of My Head, Brother"... well... Andre might have weighed 700, it's possible, but that's probably an exxageration... and he didn't get anything other than Andre's feet over his head... ... anyways, he's been talking about this, and they've been playing up Hulk's physique lately (when Mr. America came back, they said before he debuted that he was huge, had an amazing physique, and was almost 7 feet tall, Hogan's 6'7)... Since they've been playing up how strong Hulk is, you think they'll have him slam him?  Do you think he CAN slam him?  I'm not sure.

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and say since they had Hogan do the whole arm wrestling thing last week where he whipped McMahon's ass, and since Hogan's talking about his 24 inch patriots again, and since he's beefed back up (he's probably back up around 290 or so)... I'm thinking that Hogan will try to slam the Big Show, and he'll probably pull it off.  What do you guys think? Any chance?  No way?  

Trauma-san

Re:Smackdown - Big Show's Weight
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 07:51:15 PM »
Keep in mind too, that Hogan's main purpose here is to play off the Hogan character of the 80's, so if he COULD slam the Big Show, it would be a huge deal.  The Hogan/Andre match where Hogan slammed him is considered by tons of people to be the biggest match of all time (from an entertainment or money making point of view).  It would be a parallel to that, and would tie in with Hogan beating McMahon, and the Hogan/Piper stuff they've been doing, and Hogan/Rock billed as the best of the old vs. the best of the new, etc. etc.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 10:39:36 AM »
Of course he'll slam him.  The Big Show will just jump.

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 01:23:48 PM »
Of course he'll slam him.  The Big Show will just jump.

LMAO

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2003, 03:03:34 AM »
the ring was modified to break, that shit was planned

brock lesnar is pretty strong, dude cut his leg open on a boat propellor and refused pain medication

hogan wont slam him either way, dude is 50+, he will snap if he attempts it
« Last Edit: June 21, 2003, 03:11:22 AM by MightyWhitey »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 03:51:51 AM »
Goldberg have "jackhammered" big show once .. im talking about 500 pounds over his head... thats something brock lesnar or hulk hogan never will be able to do..

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 05:31:58 AM »
He was a lot lighter when Goldberg did that to him

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2003, 06:53:48 AM »
He was a lot lighter when Goldberg did that to him

lets assume that he was 450 pounds.. thats still HELLA impressive... i mean.. his whole body was above goldberg's head...

check it out:
http://members01.chello.se/ibo/goldberg_huge_jackhammer_on_big_show.wmv

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2003, 11:38:06 AM »
I realize Goldberg Jackhammered him at about 450.  

Lex Luger bodyslammed Yokozuna at about 400.

Brock Lesnar f5's Big Show all the time, and he probably weighs 550 now.

Kurt Angle gave him the Angle Slam at 550.

Hogan slammed Andre the Giant 17 Years ago at 600 or more.

I'm just saying, do you think they'll have Hogan slam Big Show?  I think they will.  Hogan could do it, easy, In my opinion, a body slam is easier than an F5, because Big show will be supporting most of his weight on Hogan's knee.  

I also realize the ring was rigged.  I mentioned that in the first post.  Back to the topic.  

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2003, 12:10:37 PM »
I realize Goldberg Jackhammered him at about 450.  

Lex Luger bodyslammed Yokozuna at about 400.

Brock Lesnar f5's Big Show all the time, and he probably weighs 550 now.

Kurt Angle gave him the Angle Slam at 550.

Hogan slammed Andre the Giant 17 Years ago at 600 or more.

I'm just saying, do you think they'll have Hogan slam Big Show?  I think they will.  Hogan could do it, easy, In my opinion, a body slam is easier than an F5, because Big show will be supporting most of his weight on Hogan's knee.  

I also realize the ring was rigged.  I mentioned that in the first post.  Back to the topic.  

jackhammering 450 pounds takes much more power than bodyslamming or f5'ing 550 pounds

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2003, 12:22:25 PM »
Did I say it didn't?  Damn, we're not arguing about Goldberg, we're talking about whether or not Hulk Hogan can bodyslam the big show.  

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2003, 12:26:44 PM »
Did I say it didn't?  Damn, we're not arguing about Goldberg, we're talking about whether or not Hulk Hogan can bodyslam the big show.  

he shouldnt have any problem doing that.. but off course, the big show is gonna "give him a hand"

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2003, 09:42:07 PM »
actually (an i hope sum1 is listening) Brock Lesnar did a vertical suplex on the big show at judgment day 2003 so there....(i don't like goldberg ,mr.kick bret hart in the head an end his career ,mr. i'm the best thing to happen to wrestling)

an actually the F5 is really hard to do cause once u get the guy up there u have to basically throw him over ur head (no easy task) usin ur right hand ,an a bit of a "pop" with ur shoulders .sure the guy has to help u a bit but  that's the case in all wrestling moves....

i hope i have proved that brock lesnar is just as strong as goldberg
i rest my case

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2003, 10:22:57 PM »
you guys know that wrestlin is fake, its a show, and its really gay, i watched it wen i was like 12

GrewSum

• 'G'
  • 70 Mile Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2003, 12:09:03 AM »
if i remember correctly......when goldberg jackhammered the bigshow he walked around with him......i was impressed at the time.....

i dont watch TOO much wrestling anymore....but i see enuff to know that Brock dude is massive....and so is Hulk Hogan still.....Hulk can still do it.....but a bodyslam is no big deal these days......unless hulk can hold him and walk around.....but i doubt we will try that considering last time i checked he sports one of them belts to support ya back.....but a good ol body slam is prolly not out of the question.....