Author Topic: superhero movies  (Read 409 times)

The Watcher

superhero movies
« on: June 22, 2003, 08:17:17 PM »
just to give everyone a bit of info.. these movies are lined up to come out:

superman lives
batman 5
daredevil 2
elektra
xmen3
wolverine spinoff movie
the punisher
iron man
fantastic 4,
ghost rider
captain america
iron fist
hulk 2
spiderman 2
blade 3
catwoman
batman vs superman
wonder woman!

all by the end of 2006 apparently.. that's alotta movies..
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 08:21:13 PM by MightyWhitey »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

mrtonguetwista

Re:superhero movies
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 08:44:28 PM »
Yeah....seen the Punisher poster in the theater Saturday.  Didn't Dolph Lundgren play Punisher in the early 90s?  I would definitely check out Wolverine if he wore the yellow/black costume like in comic.  Elektra would be dope too.  Heard bout the Iron Man too.

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2003, 08:57:41 PM »
yeah, Dolph did the punisher in 1989 i think

im lookin forward to most of them, except for batman, superman, catwoman and wonder woman
- celph titled

- joe budden

bez

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 07:20:39 AM »
wheather they will actually be made tho is a different story

Blood Rain

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • flesh of my flesh, my blood is life
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 08:32:07 AM »
i wanna see all of them 8) 8)

OutSider

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2003, 12:06:13 AM »
BATMAN!!!!

MUAH SEXY!!  :-*

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 12:48:37 PM »

Dolph Lundgren... Sweden's gift (or curse?) to Hollywood...

Like Bez said, it remains to be seen if all of those get made. Spiderman is a given, there's been previews in mags already. And another Batman movie sounds like a safe bet (Although there's no way in hell that it'll be as good as the first two by Tim Burton were. Burton's dark visuals were made for Batman - the mysterious avenger of the night - and the cast was great in both. The first can't be beat by any hero movie, just because Jack Nicholson was perfect as The Joker.), as does Blade 3. (Blade, to me, seems out of place among these other guys/gals...)  But we'll see.

On the real though, I think Hollywood is taking the superhero fad a bit too far. Spiderman was good - a superhero theme was refreshing after a while (OK, so X-Men came out earlier, but the time period between them was some years, so it don't count, aaight?) and it actually was a real good movie. Notice - not a film, a movie. But there's too many coming out... After Spiderman it's been going straight to hell. X2 was aaight, Daredevil I couldn't care less about and Hulk isn't even remotely interesting. It opens here some time soon and I don't even know one person who acts in it! (Mind you, the character only irritates me. HULK SMASH! GRRRGH! What a bunch of shit...) And I seriously hope that Captain America shit doesn't happen. I've only seen the character in one of them Street Fighter vs. some guys -games and I seriously hate his guts for his outfit and the things he says in the game. He's so overly patriotic it's nuthin' else but ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 12:55:20 PM by T-Dizzog »

Cold Bishop

• Lil Geezy
  • WCRydaz.com
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2003, 03:54:22 PM »

Dolph Lundgren... Sweden's gift (or curse?) to Hollywood...

Like Bez said, it remains to be seen if all of those get made. Spiderman is a given, there's been previews in mags already. And another Batman movie sounds like a safe bet (Although there's no way in hell that it'll be as good as the first two by Tim Burton were. Burton's dark visuals were made for Batman - the mysterious avenger of the night - and the cast was great in both. The first can't be beat by any hero movie, just because Jack Nicholson was perfect as The Joker.), as does Blade 3. (Blade, to me, seems out of place among these other guys/gals...)  But we'll see.

On the real though, I think Hollywood is taking the superhero fad a bit too far. Spiderman was good - a superhero theme was refreshing after a while (OK, so X-Men came out earlier, but the time period between them was some years, so it don't count, aaight?) and it actually was a real good movie. Notice - not a film, a movie. But there's too many coming out... After Spiderman it's been going straight to hell. X2 was aaight, Daredevil I couldn't care less about and Hulk isn't even remotely interesting. It opens here some time soon and I don't even know one person who acts in it! (Mind you, the character only irritates me. HULK SMASH! GRRRGH! What a bunch of shit...) And I seriously hope that Captain America shit doesn't happen. I've only seen the character in one of them Street Fighter vs. some guys -games and I seriously hate his guts for his outfit and the things he says in the game. He's so overly patriotic it's nuthin' else but ridiculous.
I agree about Batman. I heard there going to restart the series instead of making a sequel tho', so who knows how that will turn out.

But, what are you talking about in your second paragraph. Spiderman was aight (could have been waaaaaayyyy better), X2 was fantastic (better than the original), Hulk was great (one of the best films i;ve seen in a while). I agree Hollywood is taking this comic thing too far, Batman, Spiderman, X-Men, Blade, & The Hulk should be it. The rest of these look like garbage (except for the Wolverine spin-off). Ghost Rider could turn out good if done properly. Daredevil was garbage.

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2003, 07:22:21 PM »
well, all the movies are being casted for, so they probably will go ahead at some stage
- celph titled

- joe budden

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2003, 11:50:30 PM »
i just want another ninja turtles movie lol  8)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

OutSider

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2003, 11:52:05 PM »
i just want another ninja turtles movie lol  8)

hell yeah
 :-*

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2003, 06:09:55 AM »
Roachdogg, it was just my opinion. Yours is different and that's it. Both are respectable. 8)

One superhero movie I'd really like to see though is that movie Snoop was planning with Adam Sandler - about the hero called "Super Nigga".