Author Topic: Bret shoots back at HBK on website  (Read 325 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Bret shoots back at HBK on website
« on: July 09, 2003, 06:07:38 PM »
TSN.ca Staff

7/9/2003

Former WWE/WCW wrestler Bret 'Hitman' Hart wasted no time responding to Shawn Michaels' quasi-shoot interview on RAW Monday night, writing the following statement on his offical website:

"Regarding Shawn Michaels' comments on the July 7th Raw from Montreal where he stated that he apologized to Bret Hart, brethart.com would like to clarify that Bret Hart has never received any apology whatsoever from Shawn Michaels.

"For a man who claims to have found God to outright lie to millions of people is disappointing to say the least. Then again, it really isn't surprising when you consider that this is the same Shawn Michaels who swore to God, on video tape, right after the Survivor Series '97 screw job, that he wasn't in on it ... only to admit, years later that he was in on it all along.

"If anyone is aware of any apology that Shawn ever made to Bret that was not part of an angle please send us a copy."

In a segment of Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel, Michaels told fans in Montreal he has publicly apologized to Bret Hart and to everybody else. He added that he was most sorry about the fact that the people in Montreal have never managed to be able to get on with their lives, as nobody cared about what happened back in 1997 and it seems Montrealers are stuck there.

It was Shawn's first time addressing the Montreal crowd since the infamous Survivor Series incident in November 1997. He made a brief run-in at No Way Out in Montreal in February, but did not interact with the crowd.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Bret shoots back at HBK on website
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 07:12:13 PM »
HBK is actin like a lil bitch.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »
Nah, Bret hart is continuing to act like a little bitch.  It's called an ANGLE.  It was an ANGLE when HBK screwed him out of the title, HBK was doing his job.  it's an ANGLE when they go to canada and HBK insults the crowd, it's an ANGLE when Earl Hebner tells the crowd he'd do it again, and for Bret to be in the business all those years, and STILL not understand that, further makes me realize why nobody wants to do business with him.  He's a crybaby.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 07:29:36 PM »
Bret didn't even portray how shawn did it correctly.  He came out on Jericho's show, and said "YOU KNOW!!" in the hbk voice "I've Apologized to the world, I've publicly apologized to Bret Hart, and this is the first time I've been able to apologize to the fans... I'm Sorry... I'm SORRY YOU CANT GET OVER IT" or something like that, it was a big friekin' angle, Bret's too damn touchy.  

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 10:46:02 PM »
nah...vince FUCKED him over during his match with HBK...and HBK was actin like he didn't kno what was goin on..when in fact, he helped vince with that shit..i read the whole story bout how everything went down that night...it was pretty fucked up what happen...lets just say lot of people backstabbed bret that time...i would be mad if i was him too...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 10:46:51 PM by LaZ1e »

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 10:49:33 PM »
That many years later?  That doesn't explain why he sucked in WCW, too.  He should just let it go, it's just eating him alive the way he talks about it constantly, he perfectly proved HBK's point in his ANGLE.  Canadians can't forget about it, they're living in the past.  Oh well, he got fucked, grow the hell up and join the real world.  I've gotten fucked a ton of times in my life, doesn't mean I go around whining about it all the time.  I've been fired from jobs, had people die, money stolen, been beat up, lost money on cars, blah blah blah.  It comes down to... NOBODY CARES.  He should accept this, and do something positive with the time he spends crying.

pappy

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 11:03:33 PM »
brets wife actually left him over this.  after it happened brets whole attitude changed an he became a very bitter man
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 11:04:03 PM by You should kno my name by now »

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 11:08:53 PM »
it wasent no angle
it wasent staged or anything
Vince screwed him

o well Bret was better then shawn anyway

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

pappy

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2003, 11:13:21 PM »
it wasent no angle
it wasent staged or anything
Vince screwed him

o well Bret was better then shawn anyway
no hes not only thing bret had on shawn was he was a better techinical wrestler besides that shawn had him in every catagory.  bret had shit for mic skills

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2003, 01:21:01 AM »
what do u mean by mic skills?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Bigg AG

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2003, 01:25:55 AM »
they need to throw there ass in tha ring and settle it out like men... o wait Vince will jus screw bret again... im out!!!

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2003, 04:02:26 AM »
It's called an ANGLE.  

Er, no, it wasn't an angle.  Bret had agreed with Vince that he wouldn't drop the title to Michaels in Canada, it was gonna be a double DQ but Vince screwed him.  No angle.

Check out the documentary Wrestling with Shadows.

bez

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2003, 09:22:57 AM »
You know what its about time Bret forgot about all this shit.  Ok he was screwed outter keepin the belt, but at the end of the day it was wrestling he shudda knew that it was all about storylines and basically its like any job you don't tell the boss what to do, he tells you or in this case makes you.

Its been a long ass time since so Bret shud just let shit go.  Vince was a tit but being a tit is his job, hes gotta keep his business up and running and you don't do that by listening to the demands of 1 person.  

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2003, 12:15:34 PM »
Bret's wife never lefted him. Vince told Bret that night that Owen would do a run in and get Bret DQ, and then Bret would drop the title the next night on Raw. And Bret didn't suck in WCW, they just didn't know what to do with a Bret Hart.

TheSheriff

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2003, 12:26:26 PM »
Whatever the rights and wrongs of this, Bret should just let go.