Author Topic: HALO FOR THE PC!!!!  (Read 150 times)

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
HALO FOR THE PC!!!!
« on: July 14, 2003, 02:56:14 PM »
Thats right people...Halo is finally coming to the PC.  It will be shipping September 9th(I think), and it looks to be even better than the original.

First, the game will feature full-online support!  Its online capability is simply beutiful...allowing for 16 player deathmatches, or 8 on 8 CTF and Team Slayer!

Second, there are some new features in the multiplayer mode!  First, the Banshee (the flyer) is available!  Second, there will be a new Rocket-Launcher Warthog that looks SICK!  Third, there one or two new weapons (The Covenant fuel-rod-cannon, and the flamethrower...the flamethrower is still unconfirmed).  Also, two new maps will be available!

Third, Bungie is designing the game so it works perfectally on a variety of systems...so you DON'T need a state-of-the-art computer to run it smoothly!

I've included some screenshots.  I don't know about you guys, but this gmae looks FUCKING AMAZING!  For all those people who have a PC and not an Xbox...you're really in luck!

New Rocket-Launcher Warthog!

New Fuel-Rod-Cannon!

Banshee in Multiplayer!

New Multiplayer Map "Timberland"!

Just Blowin Shit Up!

Sub-Z

Re:HALO FOR THE PC!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 03:52:17 PM »

Third, Bungie is designing the game so it works perfectally on a variety of systems...so you DON'T need a state-of-the-art computer to run it smoothly!

hmmm,to my knowledge bungie doesnt have anything to do with this version,they handed it over to another developer to be ported to PC,could be wrong

but anyways this news is OLD,halo fo rpc was announced a reeeeeeeally long time ago

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 03:59:13 PM »

hmmm,to my knowledge bungie doesnt have anything to do with this version,they handed it over to another developer to be ported to PC,could be wrong

but anyways this news is OLD,halo fo rpc was announced a reeeeeeeally long time ago

Yes, Halo for the PC was announced in 1999 I believe.  However, just recently has Bungie been releasing more information and screens on the game.  Technically speaking, Halo PC is a long-time-coming...but it indeed looks worth it.

PS: Bungie has handed most of the work for Halo PC to Gearbox Software.  With giant projects like Halo 2, Bungie needed to hand the project to Gearbox if they want it to come out within the year and want the game to have all the attention it deserves.

Sub-Z

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 04:02:22 PM »

Yes, Halo for the PC was announced in 1999 I believe.  However, just recently has Bungie been releasing more information and screens on the game.  Technically speaking, Halo PC is a long-time-coming...but it indeed looks worth it.

yeah i know halo was originally announced fo rpc and everything,but i was referring to how it was announced after the xbox halo came out.

either way i probably wont buy it for PC,if i wanted to play it online bad enough id get on gamespy or something

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 04:11:25 PM »
You could get it on Gamespy or XBConnect...but they suck.  I have XBConnect, and it really blows.

You're missing out on some amazing new shit man...suit yourself...I know I'm gettin it!

elneckio

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 10:32:12 AM »
Pictures look great...

But I'm avoiding because its taken too long to get to PC and they missed out the co-op mode - doh !  

I'll be waiting another 21 days to see what spec PC is needed to play Half Life 2 ;)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 11:10:12 AM »
Pictures look great...

But I'm avoiding because its taken too long to get to PC and they missed out the co-op mode - doh !  

I'll be waiting another 21 days to see what spec PC is needed to play Half Life 2 ;)

Its a pc game...how can there be co-op?  Over the internet?  I don't think its possible...it would be sick as fuck tho...

Half Life 2 does like amazing...i don't understand the story of it for shit...but it still looks hot.  You'll probably need a BEAST of a comp to run it smooth...

PS: My bad on the release date...it comes out the same day as Half Life 2 which is September 30.

elneckio

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 12:37:28 PM »
Its a pc game...how can there be co-op?  Over the internet?  I don't think its possible...it would be sick as fuck tho...

Yeah internet linked, can't see any reason why they couldn't do it, its similar to normal multiplayer.  Shame really because its great fun co-op on an xbox.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2003, 12:38:02 PM by elneckio »
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 02:39:59 PM »
Halo what? Halo who? All I see is Half-Life 2!

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2003, 05:51:29 AM »
I have even more news on Halo...

1) I said there would be two new multiplayer maps...I was wrong.  There will be SIX!  Also, there will be a function that will allow players to edit maps down to the last detail, and also a map creator for people who wish to make even more maps!

2) The Flamethrower is a definite weapon!  It's best for close-quarters combat(much like the shotgun).  Also, remember the Covenant mounted stationary guns(Shades)?  Now they're available in multiplayer!  They are quite effective on Banshees, and even more on infantry!

3) The graphics in both the single-player and multiplayer have been tweaked noticeably.  Character and vehicle models look simply amazing!

The release date has been confirmed for September 17th.  The single-player has no major changes, but its online capability and amazing new additions for multiplayer are more than enough for me to buy it!