Author Topic: OG Football vs American Football - Interesting link  (Read 352 times)

Don Seer

Re:Real Football vs American Football - Interesting link
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2003, 01:45:48 AM »
and oh yeah, not to sound arrogant or nothin but isn't it weird that america is good at just about all these sports.......and the only popular sports here is basketball baseball and football?
hate to think how good we'd be at soccer if it were at least as popular as baseball.

no this point was already made.. brazil is one of the best football nations in the world and its tiny.

i wish i'd quoted a post from the thread jay-ay-bee originally posted... someone made the comment that america wouldnt ever participate in a sport where a 3rd world country has a real fighting chance against thie richest and most powerful. because its purely a game of skill... you can throw away all your expensive stadia and equipment because some 3rd world 'lil ghetto child' will come along with the skill to annihilate you

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Re:OG Football vs American Football - Interesting link
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2003, 01:59:48 AM »
**YAWN** ::)

i grew up playing football not american football real football

the one u play with a ball and your feet...the one where the name makes sense...who the fuck came up with the name soccer for it anyway...that's retarded ::)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 02:02:09 AM by .:TimeLock:. »

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2003, 02:23:11 AM »
**YAWN** ::)

i grew up playing football not american football real football

the one u play with a ball and your feet...the one where the name makes sense...who the fuck came up with the name soccer for it anyway...that's retarded ::)

i dunno where the name soccer comes from.. we always call it football here.. i think the name soccer might be an american thing...  lol...

and you're right about the name making sense... just like with baketball and baseball too

so yeah... who the hell came up with the name american-football.. thats messed.. lol
especially since its historically based on top of rugby.

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:Real Football vs American Football - Interesting link
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2003, 02:30:36 AM »
and oh yeah, not to sound arrogant or nothin but isn't it weird that america is good at just about all these sports.......and the only popular sports here is basketball baseball and football?
hate to think how good we'd be at soccer if it were at least as popular as baseball.

no this point was already made.. brazil is one of the best football nations in the world and its tiny.

Brazil isnt "Tiny" tho. Its much bigger then England, and Sao Paolo is one of the 3 biggest cities in the world with over 30 million.

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2003, 02:38:58 AM »
i never said we were bigger.. i meant in terms of international power and wealth in comparison the countries who's ass they kick in football. also why all the brazilian players end up in europe = money.

maybe its a good job the US isnt big in international football.. ya'll'd buy up all the players

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2003, 02:44:01 AM »
i never said we were bigger.. i meant in terms of international power and wealth in comparison the countries who's ass they kick in football. also why all the brazilian players end up in europe = money.

maybe its a good job the US isnt big in international football.. ya'll'd buy up all the players

ahh...i gotcha.

But who cares if they have wealth...they have...SOCCER! lol Glad they got their priorities in line  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2003, 02:45:17 AM »

soccer is their way to fame and money...

much like being a baller or a movie star or big time rapper is in the US ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2003, 02:49:12 AM »

soccer is their way to fame and money...

much like being a baller or a movie star or big time rapper is in the US ;)

blah blah...stop defending em lol. Tha US tho...until Bush is through with us, has a good economy. Brazil doesnt. So the idea that their soccer players make millions and millions of dollars, isnt quite as ridiculous as our Basketball players making that.

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2003, 02:52:21 AM »
eh? but their players do make that kinda money... they come to europe and play (mostly) in the spanish (no language barrier see) and italian leagues..

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2003, 02:55:42 AM »
eh? but their players do make that kinda money... they come to europe and play (mostly) in the spanish (no language barrier see) and italian leagues..

nawww...thats not what i mean.

I was talking about the amount of money THEIR country shells out. But nevamind, im on tha phone while im typin...and this argument is gonna come out all wrong n jus sound crazy...so fukit lol.

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2003, 02:57:12 AM »
haha.. yeah ok... hehe.. yeah their league aint making millions.. yet ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2003, 03:10:26 AM »
haha.. yeah ok... hehe.. yeah their league aint making millions.. yet ;)

naw, i know their country does generate revenue frum their Soccer team....thats why i jus left it alone. lol

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2003, 12:28:58 PM »
Like players aren't bought in soccer already. David Beckham was jsut bought for something like $48 million.

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2003, 12:58:11 PM »
Who said they weren't?

Zidane was bought for about $85 million.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2003, 02:06:29 PM »

i wish i'd quoted a post from the thread jay-ay-bee originally posted... someone made the comment that america wouldnt ever participate in a sport where a 3rd world country has a real fighting chance against thie richest and most powerful. because its purely a game of skill... you can throw away all your expensive stadia and equipment because some 3rd world 'lil ghetto child' will come along with the skill to annihilate you

lol you act like we don't got lil ghetto children who could make a difference(i.e allen iverson).......i'm just saying soccer isn't even emencly popular here yet like it is across the world. if soccer was at LEAST as popular as baseball here , where a lot more potential soccer stars started to kick a ball around more, think about how good the US would be. Our woman's team is fairly good , and it's rare you see a girl playing soccer consistantly through highschool. Our mens team actually is ranked, or was ranked after the last world cup....that's pretty facinating considering. All i'm saying is if soccer was as popular as basketball... :o imagine how good we'd be.

and i hate it when soccer fanatics say "soccer is a game of skill that's why americans don't play it"

if that's true

A) the olympics are a waste of time
B) anyother sport outside of soccer has no skill to it

name any sport america is good at and it uses JUST as much skill

« Last Edit: July 16, 2003, 02:09:41 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09