Author Topic: OG Football vs American Football - Interesting link  (Read 353 times)

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
Re:OG Football vs American Football - Interesting link
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2003, 03:58:30 PM »
**YAWN** ::)

i grew up playing football not american football real football

the one u play with a ball and your feet...the one where the name makes sense...who the fuck came up with the name soccer for it anyway...that's retarded ::)

i dunno where the name soccer comes from.. we always call it football here.. i think the name soccer might be an american thing...  lol...

and you're right about the name making sense... just like with baketball and baseball too

so yeah... who the hell came up with the name american-football.. thats messed.. lol
especially since its historically based on top of rugby.

my point exactly! 8)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2003, 05:32:33 PM »
no this point was already made.. brazil is one of the best football nations in the world and its tiny.

i wish i'd quoted a post from the thread jay-ay-bee originally posted... someone made the comment that america wouldnt ever participate in a sport where a 3rd world country has a real fighting chance against thie richest and most powerful. because its purely a game of skill... you can throw away all your expensive stadia and equipment because some 3rd world 'lil ghetto child' will come along with the skill to annihilate you

lol you act like we don't got lil ghetto children who could make a difference(i.e allen iverson).......i'm just saying soccer isn't even emencly popular here yet like it is across the world. if soccer was at LEAST as popular as baseball here , where a lot more potential soccer stars started to kick a ball around more, think about how good the US would be. Our woman's team is fairly good , and it's rare you see a girl playing soccer consistantly through highschool. Our mens team actually is ranked, or was ranked after the last world cup....that's pretty facinating considering. All i'm saying is if soccer was as popular as basketball... :o imagine how good we'd be.

and i hate it when soccer fanatics say "soccer is a game of skill that's why americans don't play it"

if that's true

A) the olympics are a waste of time
B) anyother sport outside of soccer has no skill to it

name any sport america is good at and it uses JUST as much skill

All soccer is just kicking a ball back and forth, and sometimes someone scores then acts like an idiot.

The US is good at Basketball, Hockey, Baseball and a lot of other sports and last I checked you need skill to be good at these sports.

bow_down

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2003, 12:21:56 AM »
Well american football is probably only played in a few countries all over the world and soccer is played in probably every country in the world but since americans invented american football it must be the best sport in the world.lol

ps - can someone tell me why when someones wins the baseball league or whatever theyre labeled as the "world champions"

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2003, 01:06:41 AM »
Well american football is probably only played in a few countries all over the world and soccer is played in probably every country in the world but since americans invented american football it must be the best sport in the world.lol

ps - can someone tell me why when someones wins the baseball league or whatever theyre labeled as the "world champions"

for the record basketball is the best sport in the world ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 01:08:15 AM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2003, 02:45:43 AM »

for the record basketball is the best sport in the world ;)

ive agreed with at least 2 of yur posts in tha last week...

The worlds comin to an end for sure...this should finally answer a lotta argumentz in TOT lol

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2003, 10:07:05 AM »
The team that wins the Super Bowl is known as the Super Bowl Champions, The team that wins the NBA Championship is known as the NBA Champs, The team that wins the Stanley Cup is known as the Stanley Cup Champions, & the only reason why the World Series has it's name is because a newspaper named the World used to sponsor it.

I haven't heard anyone in sports media refer to any of these Champions as world champions