Author Topic: Dissin' The Babe? Bonds takes whack at Ruth  (Read 377 times)

Trauma-san

Re:Dissin' The Babe? Bonds takes whack at Ruth
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2003, 09:34:58 AM »
^^ Thank you!

Signed,

Your 8 year old, middle aged, hippy country/rock/hiphop guy.  

pappy

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2003, 12:49:51 PM »
The Babe is highly overrated...plain n simple. But whateva, i dont give a shit about baseball much...so i aint gonna argue it.
if you dont kno what your talking about why speak up on it

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2003, 02:45:20 PM »
The Babe is highly overrated...plain n simple. But whateva, i dont give a shit about baseball much...so i aint gonna argue it.

lol@ that...yur right...since u dont agree with me, i dont know what im talking about. Im not gonna get into why i think he's overrated...cus itll just turn into sum big fukin argument that will completely be off topic eventually. So im leavin this thread alone....peace

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2003, 02:57:01 PM »

lol@ that...yur right...since u dont agree with me, i dont know what im talking about. Im not gonna get into why i think he's overrated...cus itll just turn into sum big fukin argument that will completely be off topic eventually. So im leavin this thread alone....peace

It's clear you don't know anything about baseball, because after you were given some stats you still Ruth is overrated and just a home run hitter. Even though he has close to 100 wins as a pitcher. He was the career walks leader before Rickey passed him a couple years ago. He has 500 more RBI's then Bonds and 62 more triples then Bonds. And he wasn't on the roids.

Babe Ruth is the Greatest Baseball Player of All Time
And ask any baseball expert, & they'll say the same thing.

pappy

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2003, 03:45:46 PM »
if u openly admitt that u dont give a shit about baseball how could u know he is highly overatted

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2003, 10:13:22 PM »
if u openly admitt that u dont give a shit about baseball how could u know he is highly overatted

EXACTLY.  I'm tired of these people acting like they know what the fucks going on, when they're ignorant.  He straight up said he doesn't care about baseball, but yet he thinks he's qualified to rate the players?  Please.

Just like the dude on the other thread who said Pirates of the Carribean was a horrible movie, but he'd never seen it.  

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2003, 10:35:50 PM »
it's obviously two different eras, as baseball has had many different eras. Bonds is the greatest player of the current era, hands down. Multiple time golden glove, as he got older, more of a slugger, a contact batter in his youth, stolen bases, the whole nine. Ruth was a power player. He pitched hard fast balls, and hit more home runs of any man until Hank Aaron came along. Bonds wanting to break Ruths records is not uncommon, him saying what he said is not uncommon. Shit, his gunning for the top dogg. Ruth will no be replaced, but Bonds has a goal to do so. With that goal, he will make himself a legand in his own time, and a hundred years from now baseball experts will be comparing their era with Bonds, and other great players. And if his being a prick by thinking that way, well shit, every athlete is a prick, because records are made to be broken, and Bonds is doing what every other player only dreams of.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2003, 03:05:21 AM »

EXACTLY.  I'm tired of these people acting like they know what the fucks going on, when they're ignorant.  He straight up said he doesn't care about baseball, but yet he thinks he's qualified to rate the players?  Please.

Just like the dude on the other thread who said Pirates of the Carribean was a horrible movie, but he'd never seen it.  

I said i dont CARE about baseball, i never said i dont know anything about it. I dont particularly LIKE the..."sport", but that doesnt mean i dont actually know alot about it. So if you were having trouble understanding that...then this should help. If u still need further explaination on how its possible to not CARE about something, but still have knowledge in that area...u can just PM ok? The only thing "ignorant" about this whole thing, was yur stupidass assumption that i know nothing about baseball. As for "The Babe", i told u i didnt wanna get into why i feel he's overrated...and i still aint going to. I guarentee it will only result in tha thread getting locked, because theres no way you or Tom will stay on topic...and it will just turn into a big race thing. So fukit. Its useless. Deal with it, and move on.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2003, 09:21:12 AM »

I said i dont CARE about baseball, i never said i dont know anything about it. I dont particularly LIKE the..."sport", but that doesnt mean i dont actually know alot about it. So if you were having trouble understanding that...then this should help. If u still need further explaination on how its possible to not CARE about something, but still have knowledge in that area...u can just PM ok? The only thing "ignorant" about this whole thing, was yur stupidass assumption that i know nothing about baseball. As for "The Babe", i told u i didnt wanna get into why i feel he's overrated...and i still aint going to. I guarentee it will only result in tha thread getting locked, because theres no way you or Tom will stay on topic...and it will just turn into a big race thing. So fukit. Its useless. Deal with it, and move on.

It's clear you don't know anything about baseball, because after you were given some stats you still Ruth is overrated and just a home run hitter. Even though he has close to 100 wins as a pitcher. He was the career walks leader before Rickey passed him a couple years ago. He has 500 more RBI's then Bonds and 62 more triples then Bonds. And he wasn't on the roids.

Babe isn't overrated. He's the Greatest player of all time.

Now you give me facts that prove Ruth is overrated!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2003, 10:53:37 AM »
Babe was a power player. He was not the most skilled player, he overpowered an era that wasn't as strong as now. Now if Babe played today, he would be like McGwair, only that can pitch like Randy Johnson. Is he the greatest, I think Willie Mays, but that's disputable. Babe though might be the greatest power player ever. Pitched hard, hit homes, and was great at it. I prefer more speed players, with great fielding, like Willie Mays, a young Bonds, Mickey and Ricky Henderson. It's opinion, but Babe is the greatest power player ever. Hank Aaron was great, but Babe was the greatest in the aspect. Is he overrate, depends on what you want.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2003, 11:01:43 AM »
Babe was a power player. He was not the most skilled player, he overpowered an era that wasn't as strong as now. Now if Babe played today, he would be like McGwair, only that can pitch like Randy Johnson. Is he the greatest, I think Willie Mays, but that's disputable. Babe though might be the greatest power player ever. Pitched hard, hit homes, and was great at it. I prefer more speed players, with great fielding, like Willie Mays, a young Bonds, Mickey and Ricky Henderson. It's opinion, but Babe is the greatest power player ever. Hank Aaron was great, but Babe was the greatest in the aspect. Is he overrate, depends on what you want.

If you ask any baseball expert they'll tell that because of his stats and what the Babe did for the sport of baseball he is the Greatest player of all time. However some will tell you that he's the Greatest player of all time but not the greatest offensive player of all time.
It's because of the Babe that baseball became popular and America's pass time.

He may not be the greatest offensive player of all time (though his numbers are better than pretty much everyone else) he is the Greatest player of time because of what he did for the sport of Baseball on and off the field.

pappy

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2003, 11:17:32 AM »
i personally think willie mays an ted williams are the two greatest of all time

pappy

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2003, 11:20:29 AM »

you say me an trauma cant stay on topic but u havnt given one reason why u think babe ruth is overatted.  than ur saying it will turn into a big race issues.  so is that ur reason.  babe ruth is overatted b/c he was white

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2003, 01:43:31 PM »
^^ Hell yeah that's his reason, LOL that's why he mentioned it.  Ignorant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2003, 11:46:26 PM »
^^ Hell yeah that's his reason, LOL that's why he mentioned it.  Ignorant

i told both of u bitches, that i was leaving this alone. My opinion stands, and theres plenty of reason behind it. Do i need to justify my opinion to you 2? No. I told u i didnt want to turn this into sum big ass fukin argument...which i know both of u will do, and still are trying to do. Get over it. YES, i think he is OVERRATED, im not the FIRST to say it. I know WAY more about baseball then either one of u think. Simply assuming that i know more then you 2, would only make me as "ignorant" as you though. So i wont do it. Trauma, grow up. All youve done is call me "ignorant" for not agreeing with u. Sounds kinda like yur fukin superst...i mean...religion doesnt it? lol. Oh, and its kinda funny that Tom would question sum1 on a race issue, since he's a fukin racist himself.