Author Topic: where would snoop, eminem and 50 cent be today if.....  (Read 271 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
where would snoop, eminem and 50 cent be today if.....
« on: July 31, 2003, 04:07:22 PM »
if dre didnt have no involvement with at all and didnt sign them up???

okay heres wut imma say......IMO

i think snoop would have got signed up by someone else...........but later on in his career.........cat was makin alot of niose on the streets befo dre signed him up, but i think he would have signed up later on in his career like a year or so after when dre signed him

i think eminem would have signed to a label like dres which is like owned by a producer................but i think he would have been made to look like something different..........like a different image to what wee see eminem/slim shady as today...........i think someone like timbaland would have signed him instead of bubba...........but i dunno fi he would have the guts to sign a white cat cuz i dont see him as sure as dre about shit.............

50 cent.....................he would have made niose sooner or later cuz his shit was massive on the streets with mixtapes............BUT i think it would have been a smaller n less open deal like the one he got on aftermath/shady............and sooner or later he would have got shot or sum shit again cuz he gettin protected big time with dre/eminem

now for sales.........

i think snoop would have sold the most............cuz he came in the game alot earlier n bough sumthing new to the game, his flow vioce n style n shit was something different back then n his topics n shit.............but not as big as today with like all his albums goin plat n sum multi plat

i think when eminem came into the game he'd be a decent success but i think first singles n shit like that would be soo different n so would his topics............but i think he'd be a good story still............sell good but not like nowhere near today.........

50cent...............i think he would have went plat with his first album after a couple of months n then died down n sooner or later his contract would be done with cuz he;d get into the wrong shit to easily and wouldnt be protected like today...........

so u got dre basically, havin made the biggest star on the west (whos livin)..........the biggest on the midwest scence in eminem and east (at the moment) in 50 cent............really all dre needs to do now is get a muthafuckin cat from the south n say fuck y'all to the whole hip hop world, i mean 50 is a good song maker, but he aint great lyricist or anything, shows how much dre can do n shit and it also shows how different shit would be for them without dre.........damn!

anyways, wut about all your thoughts on where they would be n shit today?

peace

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Don Breezio

Re:where would snoop, eminem and 50 cent be today if.....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 04:12:12 PM »

i think eminem would have signed to a label like dres which is like owned by a producer................but i think he would have been made to look like something different..........like a different image to what wee see eminem/slim shady as today...........i think someone like timbaland would have signed him instead of bubba...........but i dunno fi he would have the guts to sign a white cat cuz i dont see him as sure as dre about shit.............

em wouldnt be signed...or atleast not yet...think about this line "till i met dre, the one who looked past, gave me a chance and i lit a fire up under his ass"
dre was the only one who would give him a chance...nobody else wanted to sign him cuz he was white...and its because of him that timbaland signed bubba sparxxx...do you really think tim wouldve signed a fat country white boy to rap on his label if em hadnt started the white rap trend? no cuz tim would've known he wouldnt sell...bubba doesnt even sell that much now...think about him without em.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 04:16:05 PM »
SNoop and Em wouldn't have a major deal IMO period.  i could see Em being a cult like underground artist who slipknot and all those death metal fans love, and em would end up making horrorcore raps and shit. Snoop i think would've gotten locked up again and again and would've gotten lost in the system.  

50 cent would still be what he was before dre and em put him on, just hustlin' on the street , getting on mix tapes and ect. and the most mainstream recognition he would've gotten would've been a rumored signing to roc-a-fella that never went through

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 04:27:57 PM »
what if the sky was purple....what if the grass was blue....what if men had babies instead of women.... ::)  does it matter....dre worked with them...thats how it went...no one can guess all the what ifs

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 07:48:07 PM »
if dre didnt have no involvement with at all and didnt sign them up???

okay heres wut imma say......IMO

i think snoop would have got signed up by someone else...........but later on in his career.........cat was makin alot of niose on the streets befo dre signed him up, but i think he would have signed up later on in his career like a year or so after when dre signed him

50 cent.....................he would have made niose sooner or later cuz his shit was massive on the streets with mixtapes............BUT i think it would have been a smaller n less open deal like the one he got on aftermath/shady............and sooner or later he would have got shot or sum shit again cuz he gettin protected big time with dre/eminem

now for sales.........

i think snoop would have sold the most............cuz he came in the game alot earlier n bough sumthing new to the game, his flow vioce n style n shit was something different back then n his topics n shit.............but not as big as today with like all his albums goin plat n sum multi plat

i think when eminem came into the game he'd be a decent success but i think first singles n shit like that would be soo different n so would his topics............but i think he'd be a good story still............sell good but not like nowhere near today.........

50cent...............i think he would have went plat with his first album after a couple of months n then died down n sooner or later his contract would be done with cuz he;d get into the wrong shit to easily and wouldnt be protected like today...........

so u got dre basically, havin made the biggest star on the west (whos livin)..........the biggest on the midwest scence in eminem and east (at the moment) in 50 cent............really all dre needs to do now is get a muthafuckin cat from the south n say fuck y'all to the whole hip hop world, i mean 50 is a good song maker, but he aint great lyricist or anything, shows how much dre can do n shit and it also shows how different shit would be for them without dre.........damn!

anyways, wut about all your thoughts on where they would be n shit today?

peace

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
That about sums it up

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 12:27:15 AM »
im suprised that someone didn';t sign a white rapper earlier.

given that 3/4 of rap purchasers are white, it would have been an obvious move to sign a white rapper. i'm truly suprised no1 done it earlier.

Actually a lot of producers/rappers are terrible businessmen. They may be excellent musicians but 99% of them are shit businessesmen, due to a lot of reasons some of them being 'they need to stay true' etc etc....

If they were all 'about the money' how they claim they are they would have signed Nelly or Ja Rule and such acts because thats where the money is. A lot of artists ignore what the masses like and try to force feed what they themselves like, and when it dont sell they bitch and complain. Like a lot of Bay Area artists do on siccness forums.

CITY I RIDE FOR...

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 12:41:11 AM »
man without dre this rap game would be so different......dre is the man and all you guys that trash him all the time know it too you just mad cause he aint siging no westcoast acts......and you get mad even tho he already did enough for the west
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 12:41:43 AM by E. J. Rizo »

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 03:40:54 AM »
Exactly, I agree with Lyrical G...

Duckman

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 07:13:19 AM »
Snoop is garbage he is very overrated

Eminem would have signed to duck down records

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 07:23:41 AM »
Well Snoop would have been on Black Mafia Life.. he was supposed to be on 'Never Missin A Beat'... now looking back...

has anyone ATL has featured actually blown up to be bigger than themselves

where are all the unknowns ATL put on now..

snoop mighta endedup on ruthles...

think on further

daz wouldnt have been near death row, and possibly not even in this music bizz., there possibly would have been no Regulate.. but... we may have seen a proper 213 album a lot lot earlier

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 07:24:55 AM »
Em would be in Rawkus. wouldn't have blown up as much and wouldn't have hit the teeny market so hard

Snoop would be on Ruthless, probably not as big and wouldn't have made as much of an impact

50 wouldnt be as big as he is now
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Duckman

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2003, 07:28:29 AM »
Snoop would have gotten fucked up by real crips for being something he is not the only blue snoop is down with is the police

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2003, 12:54:37 PM »
Actually a lot of producers/rappers are terrible businessmen. They may be excellent musicians but 99% of them are shit businessesmen

thats very true.

anyways, i think Snoop would have blown up without Dre's help, especially had he been with Ruthless. Maybe not as much as with Dre, but Snoop is very charasmatic with his rapping and anyone could have made a beat like "What's My Name". Eminem likely would've stayed underground (which would be ten times better IMO for his skills) and 50 Cent still probably would have went platinum just on his mixtape buzz.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2003, 06:43:06 PM »
im suprised that someone didn';t sign a white rapper earlier.

given that 3/4 of rap purchasers are white, it would have been an obvious move to sign a white rapper. i'm truly suprised no1 done it earlier.

Someone give this kid a Vanilla Ice tape, or Beastie Boys, or Everlast, or tell him why Lymp Biscuit or how ever you spell it, turned to rock. Because no one believed a white rapper. Hip-Hop was still recovering from it's Gangsta Rap stage, with the Bling-Bling era. So basically people still thought that you had to be true to the streets to sell, and the only people that were true were black people. No one, due to past failures, thought a white rapper could become famous. Beastie Boys and House of Pain were semi-sucessful, and they had talent, but no one truly took them seriously. Dre knew Eminem had skillz, and could work with that. He looked at the music, everyone else thought how can a white rapper sell Hip-Hop without selling out like Vanilla Ice. After all, those white kids taht buy the music are also the some people that buy the Source, or XXL, and they are the biggest ones that talk about keeping it real. I've seen more black people like Nelly than white people. And besides, anyone backed by Dre can blow.