Author Topic: BOYCOTT NIKE!!!  (Read 447 times)

JTSimon

BOYCOTT NIKE!!!
« on: August 15, 2003, 07:49:04 AM »
http://www.concentric.net/~Mpwolf/nike/

"Nike, a major footwear company, refers to itself as a 'network firm'. This means it employs 8000 people in management, design, sales, and promotion, and leaves production in the hands of some 75,000 workers hired by independent contractors. Most of the out-sourced production takes place in Indonesia, where a pair of Nikes that sells in New Zealand, the US, or Europe for $73 to $135 is produced for about $5.60 by girls and young women paid as little as 15 cents an hour.

Don't pay LeBron James 90 million/Kobe Bryant 45 million. Fuck Nike.

bez

Re:BOYCOTT NIKE!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 09:09:14 AM »
For real the world is fucked but put it this way I am sure those people would rather be getting 15 cents than nothing.  

Eidolon_Ravi

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 09:17:48 AM »

As a matter of a fact almost every Multinational companies does that.... its called OUT-SOURCING...

it's basically exploitations of cheap labour available in third world countries...
  Take for example Microsoft... in India... an average Programmer from India will demand atleast $5K p.m. or more in USA... but for the same $5K Microsoft employs 5-6 programmers in India payin them Rs.50000 a month.. => availability of cheap labour by exploiting the local low standards of living...

I feel pretty bad abt this stuff too but can't do anything abt it.. can we :( ??

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 11:21:18 AM »
i love nike gear and shoes...who cares if its made by some third world country....not me  8)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2003, 12:43:50 PM »
LMFAO!@maxpowers

you act like this JUST started happening.....man i thought this was pretty much common knowledge.

did you also know that in nebraska and shit minimum wage is 2.50 an hour or something working at mc donald's......it's just set amount that applies to the cost of living.......for example california's minimum wage is 6.75, that's cuz the price of living is much higher.

if nebraska is/was 2.50 i can imagine what the wages would be in a 3rd world country....and if you 're a smart business man you'd go with what saves you money.

personally i'd rather give jobs to people here in the US, but hey whatever , i don't own nike.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

lil Bullet from berdoo

• Lil Geezy
  • DoOoD!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2003, 12:45:23 PM »

"Nike, a major footwear company, refers to itself as a 'network firm'. This means it employs 8000 people in management, design, sales, and promotion, and leaves production in the hands of some 75,000 workers hired by independent contractors. Most of the out-sourced production takes place in Indonesia, where a pair of Nikes that sells in New Zealand, the US, or Europe for $73 to $135 is produced for about $5.60 by girls and young women paid as little as 15 cents an hour.

BOYCOTT MEAT!!!

and will do little man... but i just wear adidas anyways... since it was approve buy a veggie org.  :-*

JTSimon

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2003, 01:44:11 PM »
LMFAO!@maxpowers

you act like this JUST started happening.....man i thought this was pretty much common knowledge.

did you also know that in nebraska and shit minimum wage is 2.50 an hour or something working at mc donald's......it's just set amount that applies to the cost of living.......for example california's minimum wage is 6.75, that's cuz the price of living is much higher.

if nebraska is/was 2.50 i can imagine what the wages would be in a 3rd world country....and if you 're a smart business man you'd go with what saves you money.

personally i'd rather give jobs to people here in the US, but hey whatever , i don't own nike.

Letting all the folks know b4 back to school shopping. 15 cents/hr doesn't piss me off its the working conditions that I don't like having little kids making my shox's working 15 hours days and shit.

Another problem is I'm not paying Lebron 90 mil/Kobe 45 mil salary.

Shoes cost 6$ to make....and we all pay 150$

Fuck that
« Last Edit: August 15, 2003, 02:21:29 PM by Max Powers »

Hittman2001

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2003, 02:10:03 PM »

BOYCOTT MEAT!!!

and will do little man... but i just wear adidas anyways... since it was approve buy a veggie org.  :-*

Meat is good
and wear Nike's  ;)

lil Bullet from berdoo

• Lil Geezy
  • DoOoD!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2003, 02:38:15 PM »

BOYCOTT MEAT!!!

Meat is good
and wear Nike's  ;)

:'(

that is alittle harsh dont you think? lol... ;)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2003, 04:04:44 PM »
LMFAO!@maxpowers

Letting all the folks know b4 back to school shopping. 15 cents/hr doesn't piss me off its the working conditions that I don't like having little kids making my shox's working 15 hours days and shit.

Another problem is I'm not paying Lebron 90 mil/Kobe 45 mil salary.

Shoes cost 6$ to make....and we all pay 150$

Fuck that

i can see what you're saying about the work  environment and hours, it should be better for the money they do make off them.  personally i don't agree with them giving jobs to people outside of the US (in a way it does help that country, but i think US companies should give US jobs)

and about payin 150 for a 6 dollar shoe....

i really didn't understand that either,and i really don't buy 100 bucks shoes anymore (unless they're just FUCKING TIGHT) but check out jordans.....your paying 160 for something that'll wear out just as fast as some payless shoe. BUT you're paying for a name. an exclusive name.....if you got EVERYONE wearing something "unique" you're going to raise the standard (price) to maintain that shoe's uniqueness. plus imitations look 'cheap'. so you're paying for your status in society

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jome

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2003, 06:55:04 PM »

Meat is good
and wear Nike's  ;)

8)

Nothing new.. a whole lot of shoe/clothing/etc. etc. manufacturers is doing this..

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2003, 04:33:36 AM »
Not new...adidas and reebok do the same...as do most manufacturers...of clothes,food,drink lol etc...what about the farmers in the rice fields...you gonna pay £6 for a box of rice when the farmer (and the women picking it) dont earn that in a month ?

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2003, 06:18:34 AM »
Wait so what the most of you are saying is, since some others do it too its ok???? Thats damn stupid....

I never was a big fan of either Nike, Adidas or Reebok, but its damn sure that i from now on aint even thinkin about buying em....

"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2003, 03:36:17 PM »
i understand where u comin frum with this....sorta. But, Nike isnt tha only corporation to do this. 50% of tha shit is probably in your house, is produced in other countries...under poor working conditions, by tha cheapest labor possible. I mean, u live in San Diego Max (i think), do u still eat strawberries? Migrant workers make next to nothing at times to pick strawberries (etc). So youre supporting THAT if u eat them. Same as tha thought of supporting Nike for what they do.

As for Lebron or Kobe...this has nothing to do with them really.If u wanna boycott Nike, to hurt Nike...then do that. Lebron and Kobe are basically just pawns in it. The amount of money they make frum Nike, is TINY compared to tha amount of money Nike makes because of them.

Jome

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2003, 07:08:36 PM »
Wait so what the most of you are saying is, since some others do it too its ok???? Thats damn stupid....

Naww.. what we say is that they ALL do it..
You would be walking around naked and starving if you were to boycott all those companies.

Blaming Nike is just going after one of the big fish.. there's bigger and worse offenders than them.