Author Topic: NBA Trade b/w Mavs & Golden State  (Read 167 times)

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
NBA Trade b/w Mavs & Golden State
« on: August 15, 2003, 11:17:31 PM »
An eight-player trade is in the works that will send Nick Van Exel from the Dallas Mavericks to the Golden State Warriors for Antawn Jamison, according to published reports.

source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-mavericks-warriorstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:NBA Trade b/w Mavs & Golden State
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 11:21:51 PM »
mavs best clutch player will be gone...what a shame

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 12:04:45 AM »
i think it would be good for both teams

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 12:46:38 AM »
oooooh i  don't agree with that trade at all. Nick isn't a franchise player, well anymore, antawn isn't really either but he was the closest the warriors had......now he's going to playing SF for a team already stacked with talent.........well makes things easier for the lakers so i won't complain TOOOOO much,lol

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 09:50:41 AM »
DALLAS (AP) -- An eight-player trade reportedly in the works will send the Dallas Mavericks' Nick Van Exel to the Golden State Warriors in exchange for Antawn Jamison, according to published reports.

The Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported in their online editions Friday night that Chris Mills, Danny Fortson and Jiri Welsch will also come to Dallas in exchange for Avery Johnson, Evan Eschmeyer and Popeye Jones.

Mavericks coach Don Nelson referred a call from The Associated Press to his son, Donnie Nelson. Repeated attempts by the AP to reach Donnie Nelson by telephone Friday night were unsuccessful. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban did not immediately respond to an e-mail sent to him Friday night.

Messages left for Warriors general manager Garry St. Jean and other team executives were not immediately returned Friday night.

The 6-foot-9 inch Jamison gives the Mavericks more size while maintaining scoring power. He is also more than four years younger than Van Exel, who turns 32 in November.

Jamison was the Warriors leading scorer last season, averaging more than 22 points per game. Van Exel, who came to Dallas from Denver in a seven-player trade in February 2002, was the Mavericks' leading scorer off the bench last season.

Over the past four seasons, Mills has missed 178 games due to injury and the forward averaged just 4.8 points last season for Golden State. Welsch was the first round pick of the 2002 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers and was immediately traded to Golden State. He came to the NBA after five seasons in Europe. Fortson averaged 3.5 points per game and 4.3 rebounds per game in 2002-03.

Johnson, 38, Jones and Eschmeyer all saw only limited action for the Mavericks last season. Johnson was the leading scorer of the trio last season averaging 3.3 points.

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 10:04:01 AM »
i dont understand this deal for golden state...they're best player, good rebounder and a good young point whom they spent a high draft pick on just a year ago ...for a nice point gaurd and a bunch of bench warmers????  well thats the warriors for ya

eS El Duque

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2003, 11:28:52 AM »
man,,,hope this deal doesn't go threw...i like nick =/

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2003, 12:44:59 PM »
that's some scary ass shit
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in