Author Topic: David Blaine to go 6 weeks without food.  (Read 184 times)

mrtonguetwista

David Blaine to go 6 weeks without food.
« on: August 23, 2003, 06:04:11 PM »
LONDON (AP) - For his latest trick, magician David Blaine will try to last more than six weeks without food in a plastic box suspended high over central London.

Starting Sept. 5, Blaine will live in a plastic box 7 feet long, 7 feet deep and 3 feet wide for 44 days without food or contact with the outside world, a representative said Thursday.

The street magician-turned-endurance performer previously spent 35 hours standing atop a 100-foot-tall pole and three days encased in ice. Both of those stunts took place in New York City.

Unlike the feats performed by his hero, Harry Houdini, this latest challenge for Blaine won't be to escape, but to survive. All he'll have in the box is a tube for water and a tube for urine.

But he'll also have a good view of London. The box will be suspended 40 feet high from a crane next to the River Thames and near the historic Tower Bridge.

The entire event will be televised and streamed live on the Web, but Blaine's feat won't be considered a world record attempt, a spokeswoman said.

The 30-year-old said performing the stunt will give him a chance to search for his ``truths.''

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:David Blaine to go 6 weeks without food.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 06:30:19 PM »
David blaine is tight
one of my fav magicians ever

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

eS El Duque

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 09:26:01 PM »
the dude is crazy :o

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2003, 10:09:56 PM »
he's crazy
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 12:17:12 AM »
Nah, not crazy, just a showman.  There's a reason him and Michael Jackson are good friends, they're both into publicity stunts.  He's a master at publicity stunts, he really is on Michael Jackson's level, in the tradition of people like W.C. Fields and Harry Houdini.

Blaine wrote a book last year, and said in interviews that he had buried one hundred thousand dollars cash in a box somewhere in America, and there were clues to where in the book.  If anyone could decipher where the money was hidden, they could have it.  Genius.  

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 04:24:06 AM »
Damn this man is a real showman. A little crazy as well though.

bez

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 08:21:00 AM »
Nah, not crazy, just a showman.  There's a reason him and Michael Jackson are good friends, they're both into publicity stunts.  He's a master at publicity stunts, he really is on Michael Jackson's level, in the tradition of people like W.C. Fields and Harry Houdini.

Blaine wrote a book last year, and said in interviews that he had buried one hundred thousand dollars cash in a box somewhere in America, and there were clues to where in the book.  If anyone could decipher where the money was hidden, they could have it.  Genius.  

holy shit, that true?

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 10:16:39 AM »
He is drinking beefed up water and when he is done with that he will drink his urine.  ;D

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2003, 10:34:51 AM »
Damn, wonder if they got that book in my local library...

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 11:50:31 AM »
He may be crazy, but not stupid...I hope.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bez

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2003, 12:09:39 PM »
He aint crazy at all, hes just very talented and knows what the public wants.  He aint gunna starve himself for 6 weeks because basically its almost impossible.  Theres a trick involved somewhere or another but nobody will see it.  Like that whole ice trick, sumit must of been done too make sure he was ok otehrwise he never would of done it.  

You really think hes gunna drink his own piss to stay alive when he knows that all he needs to do to get out of the trick is too tell someone to bring him down.  He is the master of illusions.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2003, 01:02:53 PM »
^^ I kinda agree with you, except, I feel he actually will go 6 weeks without food.  That's not all that hard.   Buddhists do it all the time, ask around.  The body can easily survive 6 weeks without food.