Author Topic: LoL @ MTV cutting off Outkast..  (Read 343 times)

Jome

LoL @ MTV cutting off Outkast..
« on: August 28, 2003, 08:00:25 PM »
September 23rd, Outkast double CD coming out
Yeah, go check..

* MTV puts on nominations for some awards *

Lol...

Trauma-san

Re:LoL @ MTV cutting off Outkast..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2003, 12:03:39 AM »
I wouldn't promote my album like that, like the shit even works.  When was the last time you were watching a music show and were like "Ooooh, I'm gonna buy that!!!" when they told you an album date?  The only albums that works on is shit you would have bought anyways.  

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2003, 12:15:14 AM »
I wouldn't promote my album like that, like the shit even works.  When was the last time you were watching a music show and were like "Ooooh, I'm gonna buy that!!!" when they told you an album date?  The only albums that works on is shit you would have bought anyways.  

well its more like a reminder kinda, for example, i didnt know that their album was coming out then, or maybe someone forgot so yeah it works as a reminder.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2003, 01:09:05 AM »
Yeah, probably they did for a reminder. Anyway...it's stupid from MTV to do that.

eS El Duque

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2003, 11:28:35 AM »
lol..murhpy lee...who's gonna buy his album  ;D ;D???

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2003, 08:37:14 PM »
who??????

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2003, 08:47:03 PM »

well this works with people who dont know the dates CD's are coming out and so on.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 04:13:58 PM »
the best was macey gray when she wore it on a dress.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2003, 12:22:09 AM »

Nahhh man, U got it all wrong.....you'd be suprised how much that shit works.....promotion is promotion.....we out there everyday "remindin" people about da status of our shit.....Word of mouth is a muthafuca.....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2003, 03:49:11 PM »
it may work but i hate that kinda shit.. the only reason they probably even went to the award show was just for promotion.. its a cheap way.. i dun like it
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2003, 04:48:02 PM »
^^ Me too.  Also, it's disrespectful as fuck.  They're not winning an award, they're up their to HONOR someone who has won an award.  In the past, when someone presented you with an award, it was because they were a fan, and they wanted to congratulate you personally for winning.  Now they just get up there and talk about their own shit, and could give a fuck about what anybody else is doing, that's disrespectful.

If you're winning an award, fine, promote your album,... but when you're presenting? That's rude as fuck, you should be focusing on who you're presenting an award to.  

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2003, 12:01:17 PM »

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2003, 12:30:52 PM »
lmao

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2003, 12:47:42 PM »

lol

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Kaidy

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2003, 06:24:36 PM »
oh please, the whole VMAs are just a big exercise in self-promotion anyway. U think anybody goes to the mtv awards to respect the 'music'? that's like going to work because you enjoy it.

anywayz, y'all see Outkast roll up to the red carpet on that big ass truck followed by the kids all wearing blue and yellow holding banners for the album? Now THATS promotion hehe