Author Topic: Dre produced Cube  (Read 427 times)

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dre produced Cube
« on: August 30, 2003, 07:58:35 AM »
I've thinking lately about what if Dre produced Cube on
Cubes first solo albums, what would it have sounded like
cause Cube said after he left N.W.A that the only two
producers worth fucking with was Dr Dre and the Bomb
Squad and he couldn't have Dre so he went with the
Bomb Squad. I want to know what do you think Cube's
albums would have sounded like if Dre produced them?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re:Dre produced Cube
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2003, 08:02:30 AM »
His albums would probably still sound tight. The Bombsquad did a great job with producing his shit, so if Dre would've done it, it would've also been dope...

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2003, 08:19:48 AM »
He would not have had a 5 mic album  ;D

Nightfall

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2003, 08:49:17 AM »
it wouldnt be political but corney gangsta clichés

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2003, 09:08:39 AM »
Dre would probably have more control over the concept of the albums. They'd be more in the tradition of N.W.A records (but musically still very dope).

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2003, 09:55:40 AM »
then i would actually listen to his first albums cause the beats would be good and not sound outdated like they do now  >:(

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2003, 10:55:25 AM »
then i would actually listen to his first albums cause the beats would be good and not sound outdated like they do now  >:(

Nigga whaaaaat? I'm sure I ain't the only one who thinks those albums still sound dope as hell. Outdated prodction? Oh hell naw. Classic production? Oh hell yes.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2003, 10:57:40 AM by T-Dizzog »

Dr._Funkenstein

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2003, 10:58:10 AM »

I'm sure I ain't the only one who thinks those albums still sound dope as hell. Outdated prodction? Oh hell naw. Classic production? Oh hell yes.

Alex_Wreck

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Wreccless Beats
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2003, 12:38:48 PM »
that's a pretty ignorant comment  :-\

Mudpole

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2003, 01:33:58 PM »
I think it would have sounded something like pre-chronic
thats why I'm really looking forward to Cubes next album
cause Dre is going all over most of the album.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2003, 06:06:28 PM »

it's just my opinion

i know most people love his early work better but i just dont like those beats..... i am not saying they are bad albums i am just saying it's not my style

I can listen to lethal injection but albums before that...... just dont feel the production

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2003, 06:07:03 PM »
I'm really looking forward to Cubes next album
cause Dre is going all over most of the album.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2003, 07:03:50 PM »
it wouldnt be political but corney gangsta clichés

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2003, 10:25:15 PM »

it's just my opinion

i know most people love his early work better but i just dont like those beats..... i am not saying they are bad albums i am just saying it's not my style

I can listen to lethal injection but albums before that...... just dont feel the production

i dont know why yall hatin on the man. Those albums were made 12-13 years ago. Some people who started listening at that time, or enjoys the context in which it was made will enjoy the music. But if you get into it late, you might not enjoy it. It took me a bit to really appreciate Bomb Squad production.

Lethal Injection is when Cube was in his G Funk mode. And Im pretty sure there is alot of peeps here who personally love that era of music.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2003, 04:32:48 AM »

it's just my opinion

i dont know why yall hatin on the man. Those albums were made 12-13 years ago. Some people who started listening at that time, or enjoys the context in which it was made will enjoy the music. But if you get into it late, you might not enjoy it. It took me a bit to really appreciate Bomb Squad production.

Lethal Injection is when Cube was in his G Funk mode. And Im pretty sure there is alot of peeps here who personally love that era of music.

Ohh shit!

His first 3 albus imo were some of the GOAT alongside PE etc...
...dont see how some of the raw anger cant be felt today and the beats to me dont really sound outdated...some yes but cop Predator for me n holla back!